PDA

View Full Version : I need people

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 4th, 2005, 09:48:27 AM
After a good year and a half of floating around, I'm getting back to business. And I need people. People who aren't afraid to get their hands dirty (and in some cases bloody).

I need drug runners who aren't afraid of the Watch, information gatherers who can get all kinds of info whether it be inconsequential or not, boxers for illegal shockboxing matches, the works. I don't care if you're a slaver, or if you get your jollies by extorting of poor shop owners for protection. A network needs to be established in order to maximize profits, and I intend on doing just that. Black Sun is stagnant, and I plan on taking it all. Even if it means street wars and mob family rivalries, I want it all.

Organized crime is coming back, and there's nothing the Watch, nor any other police force can do to stop it.

It's up to you whether you want to use a pre-existing character of yours or create a new account. I leave that all up to you.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 4th, 2005, 10:08:22 AM
I'll go ahead and piggyback off of this, and ask people who have Watch characters to get back in the swing of things. If you don't have a character and would like to participate, that's cool too. I've got big plans to match s'Il's

Soolin Anjhurin
Mar 4th, 2005, 02:04:11 PM
You want me to dust off my char for this, Charley?

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 4th, 2005, 02:43:54 PM
Absolutely!

imported_Akrabbim
Mar 4th, 2005, 04:06:52 PM
Can I come in? Just to start a grudge 'tween Ak and Vymes?

Anbira Hicchoru
Mar 4th, 2005, 04:13:32 PM
I have a better idea in store for you. AIM me later for details.

imported_Akrabbim
Mar 4th, 2005, 04:29:01 PM
Will do. And post in that danged thread with Draken fore it dies entirely. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 4th, 2005, 05:07:40 PM
on a related note - Black Sun should therefore die. I just can't seem to RP it by myself, and if there's another crime group out there it really *should* go bye bye. :cry

Zachariah Jak'el
Mar 4th, 2005, 05:53:17 PM
Could I be part of this? It all just sounds too cool to pass by :)

Xel has a number of valuable skills. He does not fear the watch, he can fight (I don't know about shockboxing though) He could run drugs (He'd need a better ship this his little cloakshape fighter) oh heck, Xel could dance on tables is you really wanted him too.

I just need something to do with Xel, and I have other chars that could be used if you don't want Xel, my char Ragnarok for Example.

Ragnarok is a droid bounty-hunter/merc with a skipbray blastboat, a crew, and armor platting thicker then a stardestroyer's and more power in his robotic pinky then the deathstar (Ok, maybe I'm lying a little on the last two :) )

I also have another Char, Luna Eclypse, who is at the moment a big nothing having been recently started and not rped much. I was thinking of making her a smuggler or something along that line but I don't really care. She's tough and doesn't care what she does or who she kills

If you are interested in enlisting any of these chars, or all three, just give the word.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 4th, 2005, 06:53:42 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
on a related note - Black Sun should therefore die. I just can't seem to RP it by myself, and if there's another crime group out there it really *should* go bye bye. :cry

Dan, Sanis, etc? :mad

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 4th, 2005, 07:35:51 PM
we should talk.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 4th, 2005, 09:56:34 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville

No no, don't let it die - that's why I wrote in mob rivalries and streetwars >D

Zachariah Jak'el
Mar 4th, 2005, 11:09:45 PM
Oooh, Street wars sound like alot of fun :)

Eh, nothing around here ever dies. It may go quite and lay dormant for a few years and then they arise again!

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 5th, 2005, 05:15:47 AM
Originally posted by Xel-Naga
Oooh, Street wars sound like alot of fun :)

Eh, nothing around here ever dies. It may go quite and lay dormant for a few years and then they arise again!

Witness the New Republic, the Imperial Sovereignity, and Fleeting in general. :lol

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 5th, 2005, 07:47:51 AM
Xel, I've got plans for you :)

Also, I've got a list of drugs - and what they do - in the SW universe, plus I added one or two that are unique to Fans. I'll post them later on today.

The main business front where I'll be located is the Lazy 'I' Bar, a somewhat midway between upscale and dive sorta place on the very edge of Coco District.

Sasseeri Reeouurra
Mar 5th, 2005, 02:45:12 PM
Coco - the whole djistrjict jis a djive. :rolleyes

Zachariah Jak'el
Mar 5th, 2005, 04:16:44 PM
Originally posted by s'Ilancy
Xel, I've got plans for you :)

Ok, thats cool :)

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 5th, 2005, 05:38:11 PM
Originally posted by Sasseeri Reeouurra
Coco - the whole djistrjict jis a djive. :rolleyes

Nonsense. We're taking back the streets :cool

Tiberius Anar
Mar 6th, 2005, 04:12:59 AM
I have an urge to play an undesirable. Well a bigger undesirable than the political brains of the sov. I want to be a lumberjack!

Failing that I want to be a crime boss.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 6th, 2005, 04:16:45 AM
Oh trust me, Coco is going to be cleaned up. To make way for my outfit >D

Also, here is a list of the drugs we are going to be trafficking almost exclusively. There are others, but I want to start with a small list first.

Dannik Jericho Spice
A drug that is something like ectasy or acid, has many different grades and styles glitterstim & ryll are the most common forms. Can be used for medicinal purposes. It is highly addictive, and damaging if used for long periods of time. Other spices include, Carsunum and Andris.

Dontworry
An illegal hallucinagenic drug.

Lesai
A highly-addictive, very illegal drug produced in the Zebitrope System, lesai is created from the purple mold which grows on the back of a certain species of lizards on Zebitrpoe IV. The drug has a number of properties. It can eliminate the need for sleep in humans, as well as extending their lifespan by one-third. It also doesn't affect the human brain, so the hallucinations and delusions that result from other drugs is avoided. However, the drug makes its addicts very mechanical and amoral. They act without emotion, and don't have any care as to the consequences of their actions. (side note - this is going to be a drug that we only offer to a select few, and it will be expensive as well due to it's highly illegal nature and the fact that it extends human lifespans.)

Liquid Silver
Known as ‘The Assassin’s Drug’, this hyperstimulant in used by many assassins and hired killers as a way to heighten their reflexes and muscle response times. It is highly addictive, and when taken, clouds the user’s eyes until the pupil and iris are completely covered, giving the person a sightless eye look. Paranoia, body tremors, and general jitteriness are some of the more prevalent side effects. (Ehile silver is unique to Fans, I want to make it something only sold to assassins and ex-assassins. Yes, it is used on the street to make shockboxing matches more 'interesting', but it's gonna start costing.)

Narco-spice
A highly-addictive form of spice which found widespread use in the Minos Cluster.

Waste-It
this form of narcotic drug was available in the form of sticks.

Yarrock
an addictive, hallucinogenic drug.

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 6th, 2005, 10:45:39 AM
I'd like in on the smuggling side of this operation.

After all, who wouldn't want to emulate Han Solo, but meaner? :D

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 6th, 2005, 11:51:22 AM
You'll quickly find out that the smugglers aren't the mean ones in this little dance.

Guy Barak
Mar 6th, 2005, 04:16:33 PM
Shoot.

I'm in.

I've haven't started Barak, but this sounds like something he'd do. Mostly the shockboxing.

What is Shockboxing anyways?

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 6th, 2005, 04:57:30 PM
Originally posted by Commander Zemil Vymes
You'll quickly find out that the smugglers aren't the mean ones in this little dance.

Yes, but they make such useful little intermediaries, don't they? :)

Dae Jinn
Mar 6th, 2005, 06:54:16 PM
You already know how I'm planning on getting in on this S'il-bebe :D

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 6th, 2005, 10:46:14 PM
Originally posted by Lion El' Jonson
Yes, but they make such useful little intermediaries, don't they? :)

They're totally disposable. Don't get too attached to them.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 6th, 2005, 11:21:01 PM
One of the things I want to ingrain in the 'family' is a strong sense of loyalty in its' members. They are faithful to eachother, and will help one another out in a jam any time. No cutthroat tactics unless dealing with rivals. No shooting cops since it's bad for business, and no selling drugs to kids.

We may be criminals, but I'd like to think that we're not your average criminal.

Commander Zemil Vymes
Mar 6th, 2005, 11:38:32 PM
Break the lady's rules, and you won't have to worry about her. I'll be there, and I will certainly up-end your entire life and dunk you in a hot, steaming cup of hell.

Go ahead and ask for your lawyer and your call too. I love hearing that one.

Alexi Hesith
Mar 7th, 2005, 03:13:18 AM
This man scares me.

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 7th, 2005, 03:49:32 AM
He has experience. :lol

Zachariah Jak'el
Mar 7th, 2005, 09:45:29 PM
What? No glitterstem? :D

Loyalty, eh? Xel can be loyal... for the most part :)

I will certainly up-end your entire life and dunk you in a hot, steaming cup of hell.

I came from Hell. Why would I want to go back?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 7th, 2005, 09:53:33 PM
Go read about Dannik Jericho Spice again, Xel. It's in there.

Zachariah Jak'el
Mar 7th, 2005, 10:29:43 PM
Yeah, I saw that right after I posted...

But all the druggy stuff looks good. I've never heard of half the drugz you listed and the only one I really know alot about is glitterstim. So I'm getting a good education out of this.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 7th, 2005, 10:41:30 PM
There's a whole list I have, about four pages long of drugs, but alot of them were medical drugs, and I only wanted to list a small amount to start with.

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 8th, 2005, 03:38:09 AM
Is that the list off of Meras, with some tweaks?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 8th, 2005, 07:21:12 AM
I'm not sure; I did a random google search and dug around a bit for this list. I'll check the Meras one to see if there are any that my current list doesn't have.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 8th, 2005, 02:59:14 PM
http://meras.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5108 the list of drugs, and drinks. :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 10th, 2005, 05:35:09 PM
Aye, there are some on that list that mine doesn't have. I'll have to update mine.

As for everyone else who wants to join me, PM or IM me and we'll work out how everyone gets brought into the family. I know Dae and I have worked out a loose plan, as well as Tari and I - and Bal is working on a thread to get his character to Coruscant, so get in touch with me and I'll set you up :)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 12th, 2005, 06:09:48 AM
a quick q: when is all of this set? pre or post Cathar?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 14th, 2005, 07:26:42 AM
Post Cathar :)

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 14th, 2005, 10:47:59 AM
hmmmmm... Vega will have some things to say about sIlancy's choice of employees and associates :mneh

Zachariah Jak'el
Mar 14th, 2005, 09:21:15 PM
Was the comment directed towards me? if so you can take you little comments and shove it up your nose :mneh

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 15th, 2005, 04:58:24 PM
Don't flatter yourself, it wasn't directed at you..... it was directed at all of you :mneh

Balthazar von Kalthus
Mar 17th, 2005, 01:47:59 PM
Hmph, only good things to say about me, I'm sure.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Mar 25th, 2005, 02:45:37 PM
I've had a few people ask me about shockboxing, so I thought I'd post this up so everyone can get the lowdown. Enjoy :D

Get In The Ring
A Beginner's Guide to Shockboxing

Shockboxers are the gladiators of the Star Wars universe, selling their martial prowess in exchange for fame and fortune. Some of the most dangerous combatants in the galaxy are counted as members of this exclusive fraternity. Although there are exceptions, such as the pacifistic Alderaan, most major cities in the core worlds have at least one shockboxing venue. Training in the sport is rigorous, requiring both strength of body and resilience of mind. Though amateurs abound, only a select few are worthy to be called shockboxers.

The Basics of Shockboxing
Originally conceived well before the Rise of the Empire, shockboxing is much like traditional boxing in that both sports employ specific fighting styles, sets of rules, and codes of conduct. Instead of padded gloves, shockboxers utilize insulated gauntlets, called shockboxing gloves, that release stunning charges upon impact in a dazzling display of light and sound. The charges delivered by the gloves increase in strength as a match progresses, ensuring that a bout will end with only one contestant standing. The danger, excitement, and spectacle of shockboxing has made it the premiere gladiatorial sport in the galaxy.
Shockboxing takes place in a hexagonal ring, ten meters from end to end. Each corner of the ring represents one of the six principles that the sport's training regimen espouses: Honor, Strength, Bravery, Brotherhood, Mercy, and Sacrifice. Each shockboxer is assigned a corner of the ring, to which he is required to retire after each round ends. These are traditionally the corners of Honor and Brotherhood, though ranking champions are often permitted to decide which corner they will occupy.
The ring is elevated two meters above the ground, allowing the audience an unobstructed view of the event. Encircling the ring are two cables, typically made of triple-braided durasteel, which serve to mark its boundaries. A typical shockboxing match lasts six rounds, with each round being two minutes in length. Between each round, the shockboxers are allowed to rest for sixty seconds. During this rest period, the shockboxer's retinue can administer minor first aid, give advice, and replace or repair faulty or malfunctioning equipment.
The strength of the charge delivered by the shockboxers' gloves is adjusted upwards by the referee every second round, starting at the "Low" setting, and eventually reaching the "High" setting on the fifth round. This adds to the thrill and tension of the game, as the chances for a knock-out grow with each successive round that passes. Specially-designed referee droids, programmed to be impartial and equipped with a detailed knowledge of the sport, are used to adjudicate bouts. If a knock-out hasn't been declared by the end of the sixth round, additional rounds are added. In the event that a winner hasn't been determined by the end of the tenth round, the match is declared a draw.
Decades of study, mixed liberally with exotic and alien fighting styles, have created a hybrid martial art that no two practitioners employ the same way. The rules of the game stress that no strikes be made below an opponent's waist, with the majority of strikes designed to impact his chest, abdomen, and head. The ultimate goal of shockboxing is to incapacitate your opponent, while simultaneously resisting his attempts to incapacitate you. The only way to truly win a match is to knock your opponent out.

Shockboxers In The Galaxy
Shockboxing is widely practiced by beings of every species. Although there are species-only guilds and leagues (such as the Taqma-Ssa, whose membership is strictly Barabel), the most popular and widely-followed are those that do not restrict their membership. The most publicized of these leagues, the Ring, boasts over a million members and sponsors events across known space.
The most successful shockboxers by far are Barabels, a species that hails from the planet Barab I. Barabel males are trained from an early age in shockboxing. Formalized shockboxing has been used for decades to settle disputes amongst the Barabel clans. Since the sport was introduced to the indigenous population by colonists, open warfare between competing clans has been reduced dramatically.
The reasons that individuals are drawn into the shockboxing ring are as varied as the individuals themselves. Successful shockboxers can become celebrities overnight, famous from one end of the galaxy to the other. Contracts with sponsors and leagues can likewise make skillful fighters rich beyond measure. Even though wealth and prestige are powerful incentives, many shockboxers simply fight out of a love for the sport.

The Six Principles
The Six Principles (referred to as "the Six" by shockboxers) are established ideals that govern the conduct of shockboxers. Each shockboxer is sworn to uphold the Principles. Failure to do so can lead to an athlete's expulsion from his league or guild, and such outcasts are shunned, sometimes violently, by their former peers. More than just a code of ethics, the Six Principles are a spiritual path that allow a shockboxer to withstand the rigorous physical and mental challenges that he must face, both in his apprenticeship and eventual career.
The Six Principles include Honor, Strength, Bravery, Brotherhood, Mercy, and Sacrifice.

Honor
Honor represents the shockboxer's solemn vow to uphold the Six Principles in the face of all opposition or temptation. Sometimes viewed as the most important of the Six, a shockboxer's sense of honor dictates much of his behavior, as well as his standing amongst his fellows. Shockboxers must always fight honorably, even against dishonorable opponents. "Dirty" fighting is frowned upon, and cheating of any sort is grounds for immediate dismissal in most leagues.

Strength
Beyond the gloves and armor, a shockboxer's primary weapon is himself. Strength represents a shockboxer's commitment to remain in top physical shape. This takes the form of near-constant training and conditioning, honing the body until both strength and reflexes have reached their peaks.

Bravery
If the Principle of Strength represents a shockboxer's commitment to his physical being, then the Principle of Bravery represents his duty to remain mentally strong and unwavering in the face of both pain and fear. A shockboxer must be resolute when facing enemies and obstacles, exuding calm self-confidence even in the presence of overwhelming odds.

Brotherhood
Shockboxers who belong to different leagues or guilds recognize that they are all of the same spirit. Each has taken an oath to uphold a stringent code of ethics, and each shockboxer shares similar experiences through training, conditioning, and competition. The Principle of Brotherhood establishes that every shockboxer belongs to the same family, regardless of species or league affiliation. A shockboxer is thus honor-bound to aid another shockboxer who requests his assistance, so long as the request does not violate the Six Principles.

Mercy
The Principle of Mercy establishes that shockboxers must be capable of tenderness and compassion, even though their path is rife with violence and pain. Although death is an omnipresent concern, a foe who does not live to learn from his transgressions has served little purpose. Mercy dictates that shockboxers must seek to ease the suffering of their friends, as well as accept the honorable surrenders of their opponents.

Sacrifice
Of the Six, Sacrifice is probably the most widely disregarded of the Principles. The Principle of Sacrifice teaches that purity of spirit can only be maintained if one is willing to sacrifice the vices and comforts of everyday life. Wealth, power, and luxury are to be shunned so that a shockboxer's inner purity will remain unblemished by greed, envy, or sloth. In the high-profile world of legitimate shockboxing, this Principle is fast becoming the exception rather than the rule.

The Shady Side of Shockboxing
The criminal element has been involved in promoting shockboxing ever since it was conceived. While the philosophy behind shockboxing is one of moral absolutes, such as Mercy and Honor, the underbelly of the sport is as foul and wicked as a nest of k'lor'slugs. It is only a matter of time before any thriving shockboxer is exposed to this ugliness, and he must either adapt to it or risk his own liquidation.
Criminal organizations use legitimate shockboxing to spread gambling and vice, while operating their own underground rings to promote illegal bloodsports where losers never get a second chance. The champions of these underground matches are often little better than murderers, paid to kill their opponents for the pleasure of a bloodthirsty crowd.
In the most popular of these illegal shockboxing variations, the contestants fight to the death using gloves modified to give randomized shocks. High-profile matches occasionally include sanctioned shockboxing champions in the line-up. These shockboxers moonlight in the underground rings, slumming for extra credits or merely looking for something more exciting than the clean matches of the legitimate leagues.
Shockboxers have also been known to do the occasional odd job, especially if their career has taken a nose dive. Instances of shockboxers fighting on behalf of nobles in underground duels, hiring on as ad-hoc assassins, or chasing after bounties have all been documented. During the Rebellion Era, several famous shockboxers disappeared from the public eye. Although reports detailing these instances are scarce, it is thought that many of the shockboxers in question had joined the Rebellion in order to fight against the Empire.