PDA

View Full Version : My grandmother passed away.

Brian
Feb 28th, 2005, 03:21:24 PM
Managerial Economics starts at 12:30 pm Mondays and Wednesdays. I usually leave to make the commute at noon, which means I need to wake up, shower, and dress between 11:30 and noon if I am up late, which I was last night.

Today my dad woke me at 11:37 AM with the news that my mom was downstairs. Since my parents are divorced, my mom isn't over often so this news got my immediate attention. My father then went on to say that my maternal grandmother died on Friday, and my mom was there with times and dates for casket visitation, funeral service, and wake hoping that my schedule would allow me to attend.

So today I woke up to the news that my grandmother died.

I will likely be busy with school and family gatherings over the next few days. If something important happens that includes me, it might need to be brought to my attention since there is a good chance I could miss it otherwise.

Also, I am not a religious man, but any prayers and well-wishings sent in my direction are appreciated right now.

PS- Rhea, we are still on for writing Tuesday evening. That hasn't changed.

Kelt Simoson
Feb 28th, 2005, 03:34:16 PM
Love to you man :(

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 28th, 2005, 03:53:19 PM
:hug condolences :(

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 28th, 2005, 04:10:38 PM
You're in my thoughts, Brian. Take care of yourself.

Kieran Devaneaux
Feb 28th, 2005, 04:58:06 PM
I lived with my grandmother and watched her die of cancer after a six month battle, so I feel your pain, my friend. I wish I can give more than my condolences, but that is the best I can do. I hope it is enough.

-Josh aka K.D.

Taro Lawson
Feb 28th, 2005, 06:20:29 PM
I'm praying for you, man. Take it easy.

Dae Jinn
Feb 28th, 2005, 06:22:48 PM
:hug

Peter McCoy
Feb 28th, 2005, 06:32:50 PM
My nan's in the hospital right now - has been since Christmas, it's touch and go but she's hanging in there. Apparently she told her friend that she's only waiting for my 21st birthday (September) and after that she couldn't care what happens to her.

She was at death's door 14 months ago too (Christmas week), but the doctors can't believe she's battled on but she has. She's certainly got a lot of fight left in her - if she doesn't want to go yet then she bloody well won't. I've always said she's a stubborn old cow! I'm very grateful for that.

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother, Brian. Take care mate.

Lady Vader
Feb 28th, 2005, 06:43:04 PM
I was in a very similar situation when my grandma died, Brian. So I know what it's like to wake up and be told such sad news.

You and your family are in my prayers, bud. :hug

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 28th, 2005, 06:47:03 PM
I'm so sorry :( I'm praying for you, Brian :hug

Pierce Tondry
Feb 28th, 2005, 08:00:58 PM
Originally posted by Kieran Devaneaux
I lived with my grandmother and watched her die of cancer after a six month battle, so I feel your pain, my friend.

My situation wasn't quite like that, although her health has been deteriorating for about 5 to 10 years. This was something everyone knew was coming, but no one was certain when it would happen. She was ill last week and so she went to the hospital, where it's my understanding she died peacefully. It could have been worse, and I am glad it wasn't.

Thanks everyone. Today has been a bit rough, but I feel like I am already mending inside.

Silus Xilarian
Feb 28th, 2005, 08:33:01 PM
Im here if you need anything Brian

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 28th, 2005, 09:00:52 PM
:hug I can't say that I know exactly what you're going through, as every situation is different, but after my grandmother passed away in November, I can empathize. You and your family are in my prayers.

Lion El' Jonson
Mar 1st, 2005, 06:39:53 AM
I'm sorry, Brian. I echo Lil's sentiments: we wish you the best, but we can't understand what you're going through. We'll all be around for you. I lost my (other) grandfather last year, but he was a wounded war veteran, so we were expecting it. To wake up to something like that, though...well, forgive my lack of eloquence, but that really messes up the day. :(

Hang in there, man. It all gets better. You and your family are in my prayers. :)

Master Yoghurt
Mar 1st, 2005, 11:44:47 AM
Very sorry to hear about your loss, Brian :( Take care of yourself and spend the time you need on your family.

Vista Alor
Mar 1st, 2005, 12:50:36 PM
*huggle*

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandmother. It's never easy losing a family member.

Je'gan Olra'en
Mar 1st, 2005, 01:27:53 PM
I'm sorry and I'm praying for you and your family.

Kale
Mar 1st, 2005, 01:58:57 PM
I'm really sorry, Brian. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Tiberius Anar
Mar 1st, 2005, 02:16:57 PM
My deepest sympathy to you.