PDA

View Full Version : The Power of the Dark Side

Master Yoghurt
Feb 27th, 2005, 06:57:13 AM
You WILL click this link :evil
**super-mega-heavy-spoilers** http://www.josrh.com/misc/ep3/ **super-mega-heavy-spoilers**

I only browsed through a few from the opening sequences before I realised it was too spoilerific for me and I closed the window. Basically, judging by the few samples I saw, it seems the WHOLE plot of ROTS is covered in there in chronological order. I have to admit its extremely temptating to go back there and watch it all.. :lol

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 27th, 2005, 07:29:22 AM
Oh. My. God. Oh my god. I take back any bad words I ever said about George Lucas. I read it all. I couldn't stop myself. This movie reeks of so much awesome.

JMK
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:59:33 AM
Well after seeing that I now know that I knew pretty much everything about Episode 3. Aside from the visuals that really didn't reveal much more than I already knew.

But man did that make me want to see the movie 10 times worse!

JMK
Mar 1st, 2005, 07:21:28 PM
That spoilerific site has been removed. :\

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 1st, 2005, 08:05:44 PM
Aw, and I was just about to look at it!

;) NOT!

JMK
Mar 1st, 2005, 09:20:11 PM
It's a good thing that you didn't because EVERYTHING is up on that site. I know I've said and thought this about each of the prequels so far, but if those images are any indication, this will absolutely be the most violent of the SW movies, and quite possibly the darkest.

Rognan Dar
Mar 1st, 2005, 09:23:55 PM
Well, I thought that was a given. It being having more fighting scenes and being darker. I dont think you can get darker then Darth Vader and Palpatine.

Jedi Master Carr
Mar 2nd, 2005, 12:44:03 AM
Especially since the bad guys win, every major good character dies, except the droids, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Chewie, and Bail Organia.

Master Yoghurt
Mar 2nd, 2005, 05:42:16 AM
Originally posted by JMK
That spoilerific site has been removed. :\

Fortunately, there are plenty of mirrors. Edited the link to a working one :)

Aw, and I was just about to look at it!

NOT!

We have yet to see about that.. :evil

JMK
Mar 2nd, 2005, 07:45:16 AM
Yoghurt you magnificent bastard!

Master Yoghurt
Mar 2nd, 2005, 05:59:39 PM
I know.. I know..

AmazonBabe
Mar 10th, 2005, 05:45:45 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Oh. My. God. Oh my god. I take back any bad words I ever said about George Lucas. I read it all. I couldn't stop myself. This movie reeks of so much awesome.

AMEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can this be considered a reliable source?

Guy Barak
Mar 11th, 2005, 03:19:50 PM
Spoilerific!

I'm soo gonna go see this one in theatres now.

Master Yoghurt
Mar 11th, 2005, 04:21:57 PM
Can this be considered a reliable source?

Well, reliable and reliable. I have not been following the spoiler scene that closely, but from what I have seen its fairly accurate. Maybe JMK can give a better answer.

Figrin D'an
Mar 11th, 2005, 05:39:15 PM
I'm still reasonably spoiler-free, but after watching the latest trailer a few times, it's become more difficult to resist the tempation to find out more.

I probably know most of what will happen, just based upon thinking logically about what must happen to make the bridge between PT and OT complete. It's the details that would be the big spoilers for me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 11th, 2005, 07:26:08 PM
You'll all be pleased/annoyed to know that i've remained spoiler free except for the trailers!

That is to say, I'm fairly sure I don't know anything out of the ordinary that couldn't have been guessed with common sense. :)

Master Yoghurt
Mar 11th, 2005, 08:34:13 PM
You'll all be pleased/annoyed to know that i've remained spoiler free except for the trailers!

Admit it, youre very tempted to look.. :Poke

Nevlonniel
Mar 15th, 2005, 12:57:05 PM
I just have one quicky question concerning the big ol' spoiler Yog's posted above..........

The part where it says Padme dies shortly after the twins birth due to Anakin's choking her... is this going to be in continuity with what Leia said in RotJ? About remembering her mother as being kind and gentle, yet sad. I mean, I know Luke asked about their REAL mother, but was she refering to Padme? If she was, it's kinda hard to guess she'd remember her real mother if she was just born...

Just curious about this...

Lilaena De'Ville
Mar 15th, 2005, 01:23:45 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
Admit it, youre very tempted to look.. :Poke

^_^;

JMK
Mar 15th, 2005, 01:42:46 PM
Originally posted by Nevlonniel
I just have one quicky question concerning the big ol' spoiler Yog's posted above..........

The part where it says Padme dies shortly after the twins birth due to Anakin's choking her... is this going to be in continuity with what Leia said in RotJ? About remembering her mother as being kind and gentle, yet sad. I mean, I know Luke asked about their REAL mother, but was she refering to Padme? If she was, it's kinda hard to guess she'd remember her real mother if she was just born...

Just curious about this...

I'm curious too. It never made sense to me (once the prequels came out and rumors of Episode 3 started circulating). If Padme dies moments after the twins are born and that line from Leia remains in Return of the Jedi, I'm going to be very irked. That just doesn't make sense, I don't care how 'force sensitive' Leia is. Heck, Anakin doesn't exactly know when he arrived on Tatooine, only that he thinks he was 3 and he was created by the force! The only viable explanation that I can think of is that Leia was raised by a decoy who she was led to believe was her real mother, who also happened to be 'very beautiful, kind, but sad'.

darth_mcbain
Mar 15th, 2005, 02:03:00 PM
I don't have much of an issue with that - who's to say what the Force can or can't do. For instance, when Luke lands on Dagobah, he says "there's something familiar about this place". I assume he somehow feels Yoda and makes some kind of a connection, even though he probably had little or no contact with Yoda ever. Or if he's talking about the planet itself, he clearly doesn't remember ever being there - it's possible maybe as an infant he was brought there during his hiding - but he still has some faint recollection of it.

Yoda himself says "through the Force, things you will see - the future, the past, old friends long gone. Leia may have some "visions" of the past through the Force - nothing definite, but enough that she has some sort of feelings about her mother.

And while JMK makes a case for Anakin not knowing about his life before Tatooine, who's to say the Force acts exactly the same for everybody. Maybe Anakin doesn't have that type of recollection, but Leia does.

JMK
Mar 15th, 2005, 03:25:24 PM
Luke finding Dagobah familiar could be because he had dreamed about it at some point in his life, the same way Anakin dreamt about his mother. Maybe there's something to the fact that Leia could have had visions of Padme and that's how she remembers her...but as far as remembering actually being with her, I can't get around it if it remains as it currently is in the films.

Jedieb
Mar 15th, 2005, 09:51:20 PM
In my mind, the woman Leia remembers is either one of Padme's handmaidens, or most likely, Bail's wife. Forget about anything EU, is there ever anything in the OT to suggest that Leia knows she's adopted? For all we know, she grew up believing Bail was her real father. I've got no problem with Padme's death as it's been leaked so far. She had to die at the end of ROTS. Having her die offscreen would have been unacceptable, she's too important a character.

darth_mcbain
Mar 15th, 2005, 11:46:23 PM
EB - you may very well be right. I wonder if they'll even bother to give an explanation in ROTS. Because either way could work - it could be that she accepts Bail's wife as her real mother and that's who she is referring to. Or it could be some mental images/feelings she actually feels about Padme due to the Force.

I know for a long while, I thought Dorme was going to care for Leia (which who knows - could happen) - and that would fit the bill nicely... Beautiful, kind, but sad - seems to fit Dorme to a T in my book.

JMK
Mar 16th, 2005, 07:46:42 AM
The more I think about it the more I think that a handmaiden, most likely Dorme will take care of her. It's hard to imagine that she won't be present when Padme dies on the delivery table, it's very conceivable that Padme asks Dorme to care for her daughter. That would make sense to me.

Has anyone else heard the rumor that there were possibly 2 endings filmed? One where Padme dies and another where she doesn't? Everything we've read so far leads us to believe that she will indeed bite it, but Lucas has thrown us curve balls before. On the other hand, it is just a rumor that I read somewhere and it would be almost impossible for Lucas to keep that a secret until release time.

Master Yoghurt
Mar 16th, 2005, 10:02:50 AM
n/m :)

JMK
Mar 16th, 2005, 10:32:34 AM
Come on Yoghurt, you had something to say there, now out with it!

Doc Milo
Mar 16th, 2005, 12:34:08 PM
While I'm very close to almost perfectly spoiler-free, I did read a few of the messages above regarding padme and what Leia remembers of her. Jedieb, I believe, stated that Leia might not even know she's adopted and that what she relates to Luke in RotJ might be referring to Bail's wife. Now, I know that the novelizations can't be taken as gospel, but . . . the line of dialog in the novelization goes, "do you remember your mother, your real mother?" and then Leia's thoughts about her mother, stating something the effect of she'd always considered Bail and his wife to be her real parents, that she hadn't thought about her real mother in a long while (don't have the novelization in front of me) and then she tells Luke that she only remembers images mostly, and feelings. She recalls (in her mind) hiding in a trunk, and running. Now, it never says when these memories occur and could very well be as an infant, and the Force helps her remember them... or they could be when she is a bit older.

I saw where someone said that Padme dies at the end of RotS, although I didn't read before that to see the actual spoiler. Is it possible, though, that Padme doesn't die; that a handmaiden dies and they convince the Emperor and Anakin that Padme was the one who died, and thus Padme goes on to live with Bail and his wife assuming the identity of the handmaiden who died? Of course, I'm speculating on spoilers I have not read so if this seems a stupid scenario, forgive my ignorance....

JMK
Mar 16th, 2005, 01:41:12 PM
Nice to see you again Doc!

As for your identity swap theory, hey, anything's possible! ;)

Master Yoghurt
Mar 17th, 2005, 06:38:42 AM
Well, I was going to say the scene where Leia was talking about her mother had been cut from the ROTJ DVD but it turns out that was not the case after all.

Jedieb
Mar 17th, 2005, 07:50:29 PM
Hey Doc, good to see you again! The ROTJ novelization also has details about the duel between Obi-Wan and Anakin. On Dagobah, after Yoda's death, Ben tells Luke that he and Anakin fought and Anakin fell into some lava. It's been a couple of years since I read ROTJ, and I'm too sick to bother going to look it up, but I'm pretty sure it's there. Anyway, it was cut from the film. EVerything outside of the films is pretty fluid, but the novels are a good hint at where the story may be at a time. As it stands now, Padme is a dead woman. There have even been leaks of a deathbed image. I'm starting to like the handmaiden theory the best. The idea of infant Force memories are a bit lame. I really think Lucas regrets having that bit of Leia dialogue in ROTJ. It's really put him in a bind.

BTW, somebody at TFN got the first issue of the ROTS comic book online. It looks pretty good. But there are already some differences between what's happened in the comic and the movie. With the way Lucas edits these things, the only way you could ever get something completely accurate is if you write it after the movie hits the screens.