PDA

View Full Version : Posting time cut back.

Tiberius Anar
Feb 23rd, 2005, 03:51:23 PM
Since I am busily posting with lots of people, both as this account and as Senator Hesith, this seems the quickest way in which to let people know that my posting time will be cut back for the forseeable future.

The cause is rather embarrasing. My computer, which is rather an old machine I acquired to use at university, has blown up. Big spark, a loud bang, smoke and a burning smell from around the power port. Fortunately the hardrive is probably undamaged, but the part of the computer through which the power flows is burned out. Ergo, the computer is unusable. Until I fix or replace it I shall be relying on computers in the University computer rooms (of which their are many) so I can keep posting. But I shall be on less frequently so responses will be slower than usual. For any adverse effects of this apologise in advance.

You may now mock and/or gloat at will.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 23rd, 2005, 03:54:20 PM
oh no! :( fix/get a new one soon. :)

Lion El' Jonson
Feb 23rd, 2005, 04:55:11 PM
Until I installed a new power supply and a stupid number of cooling fans, I regularly had small fires erupt inside of my old computer case. ^_^;

Poor, poor Tiberius. :(

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 24th, 2005, 09:16:23 AM
Now is not the time for making fun of you. Now is the time for mourning for your loss. May it rest in peace. Honestly, I'd go and buy a better computer.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 26th, 2005, 10:46:59 PM
Ouch. I think the moral of the storry is to buy a decent battery backup/uninteruptible power supply. Well worth the $80 or less for peace of mind.

Tiberius Anar
Feb 27th, 2005, 03:38:01 AM
Well I have a stop gap solution now. My dad pulled a replacement part out of an identical computer (the original was one he bought from his office) and we installed that. It's working fine now.

This computer is really supposed to be a temporary arrangment. As soon as my brother wins the battle of "We need a new computer for me to do my homework on. (sic)" or I win the battle of "Dad, don't you think you need a new laptop?" I'll have a nice, shiny and fairly new computer all of my own.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2005, 04:06:24 AM
You're back :D

And I'm drunk :uhoh

But still, I'm so happy you're back. Now I can annoy you again ;)

Tiberius Anar
Feb 27th, 2005, 04:25:58 AM
And I'm drunk

Well that explains the joy! Wait 'til you sober up then you'll realise the full horror of my return.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 27th, 2005, 04:27:45 AM
No no, I think I'd be happy regardless :hug