PDA

View Full Version : Wandering Child (Open)

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 23rd, 2005, 01:05:44 AM
She wandered into the familiar bar - Amazed at the way it hadn't changed from her memories. She hadn't really been gone that long, but it felt like a lifetime. Twice now she had left, and twice, returned. But this time she honestly didn't know why.

Familiarity?

It tends to breed contempt.

Wasn't that how the saying went? She sighed, drawing the hood of her cloak over her face, heading towards the front bar rather than one of the many darkened corner tables. Darkened tables were pointless, she mused to herself, casting one last glance around at the unique mix of Jedi of all ranks and the usual smugglers, low-lifes, and other random personages who had no real business in a Jedi bar.

But then again, did she?

These days, she didn't even know anymore. She felt old - hopelessly old - and weary. She had seen so much hatred, so much violence, so much death... and the pain if it lay heavily on her chest.

She ordered a hard drink with a wry smile, fully aware of what it would do to her, or rather, what it would have done to her, had she not had an opportunity to build up some sort of tolerance for it. From a pocket of her cloak she withdrew a cigarette, the old-fashioned, hand-rolled kind. She lit it, inhaling the thick, heavy fumes, and blew out. It tasted of sand and memories. She knew they were bad for her, but she didn't really care.

She smiled, but it did not quite reach her eyes.

Shade Magus
Feb 23rd, 2005, 06:54:50 AM
Shade was already at the bar when he smelt the fait fumes of smoke from the cigarette. He looked to his left and didn't see anyone. When he looked to his right he saw a blue skinned Twi'lek, and a familiar one to for that. Though they had never really been formally introduced before he had seen the Jedi Master walking the halls before.

Hadn't seen her recently however, he thought as he picked up his drink of took a sip. She does look lonely though, or is it...hurt?

The Jedi didn't have to reach out with the Force to tell that the her face didn't really reflect what was on the inside. Something in her eyes did however.

Shade looked at a chrono sitting above the bar. He still had plenty of time before he had to go. Maybe he should talk to her? After a few moments he made up his mind and picked up his drink and walked over to her. Smiling he sat it down and took a seat at a barstool a few feet from her. He had left one in between them since there was plenty of room in the bar tonight.

"Master Ryla?"

Ryla Relvinian
Feb 23rd, 2005, 03:51:26 PM
She turned towards the familiar voice beside her. It was... Shade. She remembered his name, even though they had never really spent much time together. Inside, she felt a slight sense of relief that it wasn't someone who would know too much about her.

Taking another drag off of her cigarette, she turned towards him, smiling wryly as she exhaled. "Yes, I suppose so."

Shade Magus
Feb 23rd, 2005, 10:27:09 PM
Shade smiled.

"I suppose so. Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Shade Magus. I'd seen you a few times before and wasn't sure if you would recognize me."