PDA

View Full Version : Taking Care of Business. (Complete)

Southstar
Feb 20th, 2005, 12:15:18 AM
Southstar leaned back in his chair inside one of the offices at the Palace. He was an Elder now and that gave him the rights to one of the nicer corner offices to organize his business things. It was still small though, perhaps he would set up shop elsewhere. Maybe one day.

He flipped through a few papers that documented the latest of the people's activities. Riots in the wake of Rivin, the banished Sith Knight, and his latest attempt at spreading anarchy across the planet. The riots had been confined to the major cities, especially Coronet.

Finally the comm rang. Southstar accepted the call and the alien face of the head of the department of agriculture. "How may I serve you Master Sith?" The robotic translator voice said.

"What are you're profits like?" Southstar began.

"Not well. The price controls the Sith Order set to make food affordable to the poorer classes have hit us hard."

"I appreciate your honesty." He picked up a pen and twirled it on his fingers. "How would you like to make some money? There has been a problem of food shortages as of late, has there not?"

"There has, at the low price has made it possible for people to take all of the food. Grain especially."

"Prices rise, without price control that is, and we're going to let them rise at the same time you will trade with the independant systems as part of a deal with some independant systems. Most of the systems have higher prices than Sith held planets. You'll be free to trade with those systems until the end of the year. So make it count."

"We will sir. But you are aware this will lead to most of the cities starving?"

"Very well aware." Southstar smiled grimly.

"Well then. By our year end reports there will be a sign of profit again in the department. Thank you for this oppertunity." The holo shut off.

Now unto the next bit of business. What to tell the people. He glanced through a statement regarding the high prices. The real effects wouldn't happen until a few days later, but the statement was being prepared ahead of time.

Dear citizens of Corellia, The Sith Order has been sincerely working in the interest of its people regarding the high food prices. We have begun to expand trade with the independant systems in an effort to spread our influence. As Corellians, we are calling you to take this chance to spread your influence and bring greatness to your planet and culture. Bear with us during these hard times and rest assured the Sith suffer with you.

It seemed good enough. In all the universities and schools economics was not a study offered. The papers documenting most of the economic information were kept secret and locked tight away, as if anyone could understand them anyway.

He glanced through a list of things he had to do. There was the issue of Rasha Vill, who's fate had been decided but had yet to be completed. He would draft up some documents and plans for the funeral later. Then there was the issue of political prisoners. The jails were filling up. The re-education camp at Jara was almost complete and once it was, Southstar would arrange for the politcal rebels to be transported there. He kicked abck in his chair again. He needed to hire someone to do this for him.

Jacen Mann
Feb 25th, 2005, 08:45:27 AM
Dear citizens of Corellia, The Sith Order has been sincerely working in the interest of its people regarding the high food prices. We have begun to expand trade with the independant systems in an effort to spread our influence. As Corellians, we are calling you to take this chance to spread your influence and bring greatness to your planet and culture. Bear with us during these hard times and rest assured the Sith suffer with you. Read the datapad. Jacen set it down and took a drink of the ale next to him. Were the Sith seriously going to starve the Corellians? Probably, they are Sith.

Jacen jotted down a few corrections. Then decided to add a line so the datapad read this: Dear citizens of Corellia, The Sith Order has been sincerely working in the interest of its people regarding the high food prices. We have begun to expand trade with the independant systems in an effort to spread our influence as well as your Corellian culture which should be spread across the galaxy. We recommend that you DO NOT take to the streets as from this point the food will be rationed out. Bear with us during these hard times and rest assured the Sith suffer with you.

Perhaps he got a little carried away. But why not send it back to the Sith. Perhaps they might like it, give him a promotion, a new life, a girlfriend... or they'll probably kill him. He stared at his thirteenth bottled ale; death wasn't so bad. He loaded the data onto the main computer and sent to the Sith Southstar.

"Look out." His voice crackled as he tried to stand up and fell into the protocol droid. His last thoughts before entering the dreamworld where that when the Sith found him. Maybe they'd take pity and kill him in his sleep.

Southstar
Feb 27th, 2005, 06:50:40 PM
A flash from the computer at the head of his messy desk alerted him to the arrival of a new message. He glanced at it and noted the changes. It wasn't anything major, but it was the tenacity of this... Jacen Mann that caught his attention.

He hit the button that activated the comm. "I want you to get me Jacen Mann." Southstar said and returned to his work.

Jacen Mann
Mar 10th, 2005, 11:29:18 PM
Jacen dressed his best for his meeting with the Sith Knight. It had only been a day since he revised the messege and sent it back. He stared at the door that lead to the office but did not enter. He leaneed his head back and tossed a few pills in. His had a tremendous headache. Part from all the ale he drank and constant thinking about what the Sith might do to him for acting like an insolant <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>.

He finally pushed the door open and walked in. As was custom when meeting a Sith, you addressed them as master and bowed. Jacen only hung his head low. "You rang?"

Southstar
Mar 11th, 2005, 09:20:18 PM
Southstar's eyebrow rose. "I did." He slid the printed document in dispute across the desk. "Now sit. So what's this about?"

"I think you need to be a little more descriptive in your statments." He replied and kicked his feet on the desk.

"Don't do that." Southstar said and pushed the feet away with telekinesis. "Everything you inserted I had already said."

"Implied. You implied a lot. Let's face it, the Corellians aren't that smart. You need to spell these things out." Jacen said. "And you need to be playing off Corellian pride. Give them something to believe in."

The way the man was talking, it was borderline treason. Southstar let it continue. "They have the Sith to belive in." He insisted.

"Look man," Jacen seemed to have a little fire in his belly now. "Imagine someone, from out of nowhere, just comes in and takes over. How would you feel? I'm Corellian, but I know that what the Sith do, is on the whole, good for the overall planet. I want you guys here. But keeping your palace here and running the government from it makes it look too much like occupation."

"You know this is treason." He said and stared into the young man's eyes.

Jacen Mann
Mar 11th, 2005, 09:20:44 PM
"I'm not speaking out against you guys. I'm trying to tell you to make your hold better. Have you noticed how the people of this planet regard you?" He barely gave Southstar a moment to respond. "You're like celebrities. With a little work you could be gods. Real gods. Gods with obvious powers, gods you can see, gods you can touch." Jacen had a genuine expression on his face now. "But instead you're trying your hardest to look like a monarchy."

Southstar
Mar 11th, 2005, 09:25:07 PM
Jacen Mann was right, but Southstar would never admit to him. He pressed his steepled fingers against his lips. The only question on his mind now was what Jacen had to gain through all of this.

"I'll let you leave on this condition: you return to meet with me in two days time."

Jacen sat up in his chair and nodded. "Fine. I guess." He didn't know why the Sith would want to meet with him again. The Sith spoke little which concealed his true motives. The only hint was that Jacen had said enough to interest a powerful party. The scales were about to tip, but for the better or worse of Jacen Mann was a mystery.