Sorsha Kasajian
Feb 9th, 2005, 05:36:48 PM
no

Morgan Evanar
Feb 9th, 2005, 05:44:36 PM
Terrible idea.

Zereth Lancer
Feb 9th, 2005, 09:20:01 PM
My older brother got one and his tongue swelled and he couldn't talk and he could barely eat, and it stayed swelled for a few days.

I don't think its all its cracked up to be. I vote no.

Kyashi
Feb 9th, 2005, 09:58:57 PM
I personally wouldn't get one. I know people who've gotten them; they gurgled listerine for a few weeks and didn't have a problem.

Callomas Savoc
Feb 9th, 2005, 10:21:55 PM
Not really. It's what every cheap slut in the world does, besides the obligatory tattoo on the small of the back.

Get your nipples pierced instead :D

Dae Jinn
Feb 9th, 2005, 10:56:34 PM
Yeah, but be careful getting in and out of sweaters if you do that. ^

Dan the Man
Feb 9th, 2005, 11:20:32 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
Yeah, but be careful getting in and out of sweaters if you do that. ^

Yes, put a bra on :mneh

Rognan Dar
Feb 10th, 2005, 12:12:19 AM
Nay. It is not all that attractive....at all. Not to mention it would put a lot of wear and tear on your teeth. Though, I never really hard something bad with the teeth thing. Its just something that really makes me want to turn away when I see someone stick their tongue out and you see this big...whatever you put in...right through their tongue.

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 10th, 2005, 01:39:33 AM
I'd have to agree with the masses here. Ironically, because I think it's the predictable and unoriginal thing to do these days; as Charley said, it's the equivalent of the "obligatory tattoo on the small of the back".

I wanted to get my lip pierced a few years ago. I wish I'd tried it. :(

Wei Wu Wei
Feb 10th, 2005, 09:02:17 AM
Did you ever see that movie Rat Race? The one guy had the tongue piercing and he drooled all the time, couldn't talk, and generally made a mess of himself.

Most any kind of body piercing other than ear piercings creep me out. Belly button piercings are ok most of the time, but I hate it when girls play with it. For some reason it just makes me want to vomit.

AmazonBabe
Feb 10th, 2005, 01:01:09 PM
Ear piercings I like (hell, I have em). Belly button peircings are ok. Nose is semi-ok. Eyebrow starts to get weird. Lip kinda freaks me out. Tongue, nuh-huh. And other stuff, well, I just dun wanna think about it.

:lol I'm so plain. I like all natural as much as possible. :)

James Prent
Feb 10th, 2005, 03:39:29 PM
I voted no as well. :mneh Too many complications can occur, I'd never do it. ^_^;

Guy Barak
Feb 10th, 2005, 09:48:59 PM
Originally posted by James Prent
I voted no as well. :mneh Too many complications can occur, I'd never do it. ^_^;

Also you can't drink milk either. At least for a week or so afterwards.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Feb 11th, 2005, 11:48:43 AM
Ear piercings are fine. Anything else is just to weird for me. I voted no.

Crystal
Feb 11th, 2005, 08:07:53 PM
I don't think it would suit you... but if it's something you want to do, go for it.

I'm not sure if your tongue can heal up if you just leave the stud out like ears do. If you change your mind, I mean. Check into that.

Vampyre Dalamar
Feb 12th, 2005, 12:46:34 PM
Lets see.... HELL NO... that sums up my opinion in a nutshell... Still luv ya though:D

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 12th, 2005, 12:59:44 PM
Wow. I didn't think everyone would say no :eek

Quay'Na Rakai
Feb 12th, 2005, 01:52:00 PM
I vote no too, I think it's gross...

Kieran Devaneaux
Feb 12th, 2005, 02:09:09 PM
Depending on if you get a bolt or not, you'd knock out all your teeth. Not a good thing. :) Then again, I think it's unsanitary and disgusting anyway...so I say not just no, but OH HEEEEELLLL NO! :D

Lady Vader
Feb 14th, 2005, 04:53:02 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
Wow. I didn't think everyone would say no :eek

Well, one person voted yes... and I'm damn curious as to who the hell that was too :lol

Rognan Dar
Feb 14th, 2005, 09:05:11 PM
Well, one person voted yes... and I'm damn curious as to who the hell that was too

Same here. And it looks like a lot of people voted and didn't comment.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 15th, 2005, 03:53:01 AM
Originally posted by Lady Vader
Well, one person voted yes... and I'm damn curious as to who the hell that was too :lol

My money goes on Shabby :D

Kathrine
Feb 15th, 2005, 12:32:05 PM
Oops...I was hoping for that to go unnoticed. I accidently did that on my other account. Then I switched to this one and voted no. Don't do it.

AmazonBabe
Feb 15th, 2005, 02:10:10 PM
Ah, so the "yes" was an accident.

Well, then, if we ignore the "yes", then in reality everyone has voted "no".

I guess it's unanimous!

:lol I just realized that Mods can edit the poll count! So, Kathrine, if you want me to remove your "yes" just let me know.

Figrin D'an
Feb 15th, 2005, 05:18:58 PM
Even if you did get it pierced, and later decide that it was a bad idea, it's not a big deal. The tongue heals very quickly. That's why people who have studs generally don't take them out for long, because the opening will begin to close up. Said hole will be completely gone in about a week to 10 days after removing the piercing.

Just don't get a metal stud if you do get it pierced. Not good for the backs of one's teeth.

Shade Magus
Feb 15th, 2005, 06:05:17 PM
Please remove no then. Thanks!

AmazonBabe
Feb 16th, 2005, 12:32:22 PM
Wait, what did Shade just say? :huh

Hart
Mar 11th, 2005, 09:23:18 PM
Please don't. Most guys I know wouldn't like a girl with a tongue piercing. The only types of guys that probably would are objectifing bastards or guys who happen to have a giant powerful magnet on their crotch.

Dasquian Belargic
Mar 12th, 2005, 06:04:47 AM
Originally posted by Hart
Please don't. Most guys I know wouldn't like a girl with a tongue piercing. The only types of guys that probably would are objectifing bastards or guys who happen to have a giant powerful magnet on their crotch.

Attracting guys really isn't an issue for me, what wth being gay and all :lol

Hart
Mar 12th, 2005, 10:58:34 AM
Hmmm, well I imagine in any case that it'll damage a lot of your nerve endings on your tongue. Wouldn't it feel HORRIBLE if your favorite food was less enjoyable? Imagine having delicious chocolate or something, and only having dulled satisfaction from it! It would be a tragedy!

Zasz Grimm
Mar 24th, 2005, 03:27:24 AM
I voted yes. If it's what you want, it's what you want. Personally, I don't see anything wrong with it, and a few of my old coworkers had it done.

And to add, if you do...you can have no spicy food for like the first year or so. unless you want to OMGITBURNZ at mealtime. And have a numb tongue for a while.

Or so I've heard.

Morgan Evanar
Mar 24th, 2005, 07:58:19 AM
This is one of those things where he positive 'it looks cool' is completely overwhelmed by the negative (infection, tooth damage, can't eat certain foods for x time, additional maintaince.)