Sanis Prent
Feb 7th, 2005, 06:51:08 AM
what?

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 7th, 2005, 07:09:31 AM
Uh.. wrong forumz?

Morgan Evanar
Feb 7th, 2005, 08:07:43 AM
Its the same thing in a smaller package with less expandability.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Feb 7th, 2005, 10:25:20 AM
I would have liked more than two words to describe this new ps2. A little more content would have been appreciated :(

Ibrahm Demir
Feb 7th, 2005, 11:54:17 AM
Like second rate graphics, system limping towards obseltion, still has awesome games, but will wait for PS3

Drake Shadowstalker
Feb 9th, 2005, 06:58:16 PM
Have fun waiting 2 years...

Dan the Man
Feb 9th, 2005, 08:19:34 PM
Or in the meantime, keep playing your PS2.

Khendon Sevon
Feb 9th, 2005, 08:55:44 PM
<--- loves his xbox (uh oh, that statement might start a war)

Phantom
Feb 9th, 2005, 10:30:29 PM
Don't worry, I got your back. Xbox ... ownz, lol.

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 10th, 2005, 12:31:53 AM
The only thing the X-Box is good for is man slaughter. Or so I imagine, given the sheer bulk of the thing, that and it's grotesque enough to not notice the bloodstains.

Aesthetics aside, I've simply never had much interest in the X-Box. All of its note-worthy releases have been reproduced in more impressive manifestations on the PC. First two that spring to mind are the Halo and Knights of the Old Rebuplic series.

When it comes to game consoles, I like my console to play games which are diverse, unique and best fitted for console gaming: Nintendo still dominates my console gaming interests. As far as I am concerned, Nintendo always has been and will be the most innovative and FUN producer of console games et al.

Drake Shadowstalker
Feb 10th, 2005, 11:19:19 PM
Originally posted by Khendon Sevon
<--- loves his xbox (uh oh, that statement might start a war)

IT'S ON!!! hahaha :P

Drake Shadowstalker
Feb 10th, 2005, 11:20:31 PM
Originally posted by Loki Ahmrah
The only thing the X-Box is good for is man slaughter. Or so I imagine, given the sheer bulk of the thing, that and it's grotesque enough to not notice the bloodstains.

Aesthetics aside, I've simply never had much interest in the X-Box. All of its note-worthy releases have been reproduced in more impressive manifestations on the PC. First two that spring to mind are the Halo and Knights of the Old Rebuplic series.

Exactly...I was to lazy to type that out...

Morgan Evanar
Feb 11th, 2005, 08:29:18 AM
Originally posted by Loki Ahmrah

When it comes to game consoles, I like my console to play games which are diverse, unique and best fitted for console gaming: Nintendo still dominates my console gaming interests. As far as I am concerned, Nintendo always has been and will be the most innovative and FUN producer of console games et al. I'll agree that N makes some of the more interesting games, but the main reason I'd pick an X-Box over it is that the X-Box has several racing titles the Cube lacks, and the Cube's randomly sized buttons annoy me a great deal. Yeah, the X-box is big and it doesn't have super-attractive exclusives, but the multiplatform titles almost always look and play better on it. The Halo PC port is stillborn, so the only crossover titles are Morrowind, KoTOR and a few others.

Khendon Sevon
Feb 12th, 2005, 04:10:33 PM
Let me start this by saying I have an operating Game Cube, Xbox, PS, PS2, Super Nintendo, N64, and ancient GameBoy the size of a first aid kit.

Wow… Loki, you’re a game cuber and you think Xbox is aesthetically heinous? When I see a Game Cube it reminds me of the power puff girls. I don’t know about you, but when I’m killing grotesque monsters I don’t want it to be on a console that looks like it was designed for my 7 year old cousin.

Additionally, the color schemes add to the “candy-like” look of the Cube and seriously remind me of an easy-bake oven or something. Even the black and silver designs are lacking due to a depravity of aggressive lines. Any serious gaming needs to be done on a machine that screams evil genius.

Xbox reminds me of a Star Destroyer, just in black and with a heart of lime. It doesn’t have childish rounding to its part, its anatomy isn’t cartoonish, and it sports a slide-out tray that acts like a tractor beam for your DVDs.

On to the controls: Game Cube’s controls fit into my hands nicely. So nicely that they get lost somewhere between my index finger and palm! You can tell Nintendo wanted to tailor to younger aged players. The buttons scream, yet again, candy. I think I would like the controller better if it were made of sugar.

On the other hand, Xbox’s original controllers remind you you’re gripping something. That and they give you a steady object to hold onto when you’re going crazy trying to obliterate your buddy in Halo II. Additionally, the buttons are well placed and it doesn’t require any fumbling to unlock the full potential of the controller.

Personally, I haven’t played a Nintendo game since N64 and that was when I was… wow, hmm. Younger.

Most of the games I play are released for both Xbox and PS2. However, I always get the Xbox version. I tend to only get games for PS2 if they’re PS2 only. My bro is the only one who plays the Cube.

Now, on a very important note: the Cube has to be one of the most horribly designed consoles hardware wise since… Pork fried rice! My bro has gone through three cubes since its released! Three! We’ve crippled one PS2 (something burnt out) and have had the same Xbox since its release. (We’ve also gone through one PS and a spring died in our Nintendo long ago.)

The guys at my local EBX say Xboxes never get returned for damages. Yet, they also enjoy noting that PS2 and Game Cubes are often returned!

Alright, that ends my highly opinionated war post.

Zasz Grimm
Feb 12th, 2005, 08:13:36 PM
And to add, several games, to play multiplayer, require a GBA. how lamecore is that? And you can tell multi-platform games always suck on a gamecube, mainly due to FPS.

I'll be waiting for the PS3. But I'll most likely grab the Xbox 2 later this year.

Morgan Evanar
Feb 12th, 2005, 08:29:33 PM
Originally posted by Zasz Grimm
And to add, several games, to play multiplayer, require a GBA. how lamecore is that? And you can tell multi-platform games always suck on a gamecube, mainly due to FPS. Actually the PS2 is the console most likely to suffer framerate issues. I've seldom seen a gamecube came that choked much more than an X-box. I'm unwilling to attack a system because of asthetics. Frankly, I don't care what the console looks like as long as it has the games I want, and a controller I like. If I didn't find the Gamecube's controller annoying I'd be looking much more closely at getting one instead of the X-box is huge, LOL. I don't even consider the playstation because I find it's graphics output intolerable.

Nathanial K'cansce
Feb 14th, 2005, 10:04:34 PM
Actually the PS2 is the console most likely to suffer framerate issues.

Good lord framrates on the PS2 can get atroscious. (sp?) Soul Calibur 2 has some horrid frame rates in it.

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Feb 23rd, 2005, 01:57:02 AM
Heh, I didn't really love the GC controller, so I jsut got a controller adapter and use a PS2 controller on it. Love the fun factor of the games, so it's still a great console by me.

Now, to save fifty bucks to get Star Fox Assault...

Morgan Evanar
Feb 23rd, 2005, 09:18:53 PM
There are PS2 -> Gamecube controller adapters? WHERE!?

imported_J'ktal Anajii
Feb 26th, 2005, 04:19:36 AM
Wal-Mart.