PDA

View Full Version : Whistle while you work (open)

Jacen
Feb 6th, 2005, 08:48:33 PM
OOC-I'd prefer someone that has built a lightsaber for their character to join this thread to kinda guide Jacen along, but if not then that's still koosher (sp?). They can lean together.

"Ok...this goes here...no wait! It goes here!" Jacen exclaimed as he put the wire in place and used a small soddering tool to connect the wire to the circutry. He reached over and grabbed another wire placing it in the place of the one he had almost accidently misplaced. If he would have then he wouldn't have an arm left to use it with.

Sweat beaded on his forehead as he connected the wire. He placed his tools down and stood up stretching his body's muscles. They were tired and beginning ot get cramped from sitting cross legged and hunched over for so long. When he looked at the parts of the lightsaber under him though, he knew it would be worth it. A lot of Jedi he knew got lightsabers from their family, like a heirloom. For him however, he had to build his and so far it was coming along superbly. A few minutes of resting and then he would sit back down and return to his project. He just hoped that he connected the wires correctly and got the right jewels for his lightsaber. He had found them on a training exercise wtih Rognan and had just finished cutting them so they would fit inside the casing. He knew these were the ones he was supposed to have. He could fill that through the Force. He only hoped they were the color he had hoped they were.

Jacen
Feb 15th, 2005, 12:02:30 PM
Red goes over the green...or is it blue? Jacen scrunched his face in concentration. He had been at work on his lightsaber for about eleven hours now and his vision was beginning to blur. He had been drawing off the Force subtely and so far it was working. He could stay awake, but every once in awhile his vision would blur and he would almost cross wires.

Come on just a little more to go and you are through, he said to himself. In reality though he had quite a ways to go since he was just working on the insides right now. He hadn't even begun to try and work on the casing's designs, though he would probably take a short nap before doing that. Then he still had to cut the jewels to make sure that they fit properly.

He leaned back on his hands and sighed. This was more tiring than he had originally thought, but the finished product would definitely be worth it. he brought his hand up and wiped some sweat from his brow. Jacen then leaned back down and went back to work splicing and soldering more wires into place.

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 15th, 2005, 06:18:25 PM
Falcon Gyndar had been watching for some time now. Young Jacen was progressing well, and his old friend Rognan was a better instructor than he thought.

The man should have more faith in himself....

Knight Gyndar had met Jacen quite some time ago, and despite what little the young man knew of Falcon's trials and tribulations, he was supportive. Now he was building his first lightsaber, and it had been many hours before he had eaten or moved from that spot.

He needs a rest. At least a short one to get some sustenance into him, and refocus his mind...

With that, Falcon Gyndar approached, and came up close into the young man's perephrial vision. "What I would like you to do is stop a moment, young padawan, and take a deep breath." Falcon stood there, arms crossed, a gentle smile on his face.

Jacen
Feb 17th, 2005, 11:06:30 PM
Jacen looked up quickly and surprised. "Huh?"

He saw Falcon and smiled. He had met the Jedi once before, albiet breifly. "Oh, hello Master Falcon."

He set the tools down and stretched out. "Why do you want me to stop? I'm almost done."

Falcon Gyndar
Feb 22nd, 2005, 06:23:47 PM
Falcon gave the boy a small smile.

"I have been watching you nod off while working, and I am sure your master would not like for anything to happen to you, say, if you crossed your wires wrong. An exploding lightsaber is not too terribly impressive, I fear."

He said this with a small chuckle. "And I am sure you are hungry."

Jacen
Feb 22nd, 2005, 07:35:30 PM
Jacen was about to say no when his rumbling stomach answered for him. The young Padawan scratched the back of his head and smiled sheepishly. "Guess I lost track of time. It was just getting so complicated and I couldn't tear away from it."

Falcon Gyndar
Mar 11th, 2005, 11:30:45 AM
He smiled.

"I did the same thing when I built my first lightsaber. I learned better with the second one." He took both of them off his belt, and showed them to the boy. "Time-absorbing work. "

He replaced them to his belt. "Get up. We are going to eat, and talk."

Jacen
Mar 11th, 2005, 11:40:42 AM
Jacen looked at his unfinished lightsaber for a moment and for a fraction of a second thought about saying he was fine until his stomach rumbled once more. "I guess I could use some food and some time to clear my head."

The young Padawan stood up and brushed his hands off. He picked up a discarded tunic and put it on. He wrapped it around him and put a belt on over it. When he was finished he looked up at the Jedi and smiled. "Where to?"

Falcon Gyndar
Mar 14th, 2005, 05:16:42 PM
Falcon folded his hands behind his back and thought a moment.

"We will go to my quarters. I do enjoy preparing food as much as one enjoys consuming it. There, you can browse through my personal library...many volumes of which are my own writings."

Jacen
Mar 14th, 2005, 10:05:39 PM
Jacen's eyes lit up now. He loved to read about new things. It always excited him more than anything. His mind was a sponge and it just soaked up everything to where sometimes he thought he should cut back, but those thoughts only pased momentarily in the young Padawan's mind.

"What kinda things did you write about?"

Falcon Gyndar
Mar 15th, 2005, 05:39:31 PM
Falcon patted the boy on the back.

"Anything that I have done through the years of my life, in training and being trained. It is nearly comparable to my mind being on file. I do have a volume that may help you with your work..." He gestured to the incomplete lightsaber.

"...it is my processes in the construction of both my lightsabers, neither of which have ever failed me. I have also studied in concordance with the various gems that are used in the constrcut of the weapon."

Jacen
Mar 16th, 2005, 02:44:12 PM
"Ohhh..." Jacen whispered as they headed out of the room. Once they were one thier way Jacen thought of the reason they were leaving and smiled. "What you cooking?"