PDA

View Full Version : Boogeyman

Zasz Grimm
Feb 6th, 2005, 07:19:51 PM
I saw it yesterday at a matinee showing, cause my room-mates girl called, said we should see it, cause it was good. We, having nothing better to do, did.

I was impressed. I enjoyed it far more than any other 'scary' movie that I've seen. Made me freaked out/jump several times.

I'll be grabbing it when it hits DVD.

What I can't believe is how they actually showed the boogeyman in a somewhat 'corporeal' form. Right before he's going to nab Kate, how Tim stops him. Just the roar/hiss he emits after you see him is extremely creepy.

Also, in the beginning, when his dad was sucked up, that was creepy. Things coming to life, that is.

Phantom
Feb 7th, 2005, 12:26:45 AM
I wasn't expecting much when I went to see it and to be honest I only saw the movie because it was a Raimi film, but I actually thought it was a great movie.

The beginning was awesome, when they took his dad.

Dasquian Belargic
Feb 7th, 2005, 11:04:21 AM
I saw a trailer for this before 'Creep' and I thought it looked pretty... creepy, for lack of a better word :lol, so I'll definetly be checking it out.

Quadinaros
Feb 7th, 2005, 10:39:09 PM
I couldn't disagree with you guys more.

In an age when intensity is less important than audience 'scares', Boogeyman goes for broke. The movie is less about story than anticipating the next stinger. In my humble opinion, Boogeyman is the worst movie I've seen in some time...

I found myself continuously thinking of the scare factory of Monsters, Inc. Picturing the Boogeyman thinking of which closet to haunt next.

Boogeyman pulls all the necessary tools, including the bathtub pull and the obligatory dead person, but in the end is just a mess...

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 8th, 2005, 05:25:55 PM
hey WB Quad. :wave Long time no see!

Zasz Grimm
Feb 8th, 2005, 07:06:25 PM
Originally posted by Quadinaros
Everything he said.

Shouldn't the stereotypical scares be in a movie after the 'Boogeyman'. Their like requirements.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 8th, 2005, 07:10:54 PM
*blink* what?

Loki Ahmrah
Feb 8th, 2005, 07:32:07 PM
Originally posted by Dasquian Belargic
I saw a trailer for this before 'Creep' and I thought it looked pretty... creepy, for lack of a better word :lol, so I'll definetly be checking it out.

Creep... Creep... Creep...

:huh

... CREEP IS A FILM WHICH SHOULD'VE BEEN ABORTED BEFORE IT WAS EVEN A FETUS!! :verymad

Aaaaaaaah. :)

Zasz Grimm
Feb 8th, 2005, 07:53:03 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
*blink* what?

the scares, the play on shadows. etc. I was saying they would definitely be in a movie named after and for the 'boogeyman'

Quadinaros
Feb 8th, 2005, 10:14:07 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
hey WB Quad. :wave Long time no see!

Hi, Lil. I'm getting ready to make my presence felt again as Episode III approaches. >D

And Zazz, I just thought it went way over the top with all the stingers in the soundtrack, and false scares. By the way, I didn't even realize Raimi was involved with this movie until I saw the end credits.