PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Four Trailer

JMK
Jan 28th, 2005, 10:26:59 PM
http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox/fantastic_four/FF_large.html

Looks...fantastic! ;)

JediBoricua
Jan 28th, 2005, 11:59:41 PM
My sentiments exactly are well expressed here (http://www.penny-arcade.com/view.php3?date=2005-01-24&res=l).

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 29th, 2005, 01:23:57 AM
Still not coniviced I think Batman Begins looks like 100 times better.

Master Yoghurt
Jan 29th, 2005, 04:20:45 AM
Comic book fans will probably be disappointed, as I hear its not faitful to the books, especially in regards to the story and origin of Doc Doom. Personally, I just think everything I saw in that trailer indicates this movie is going to tank horribly.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 29th, 2005, 05:38:03 AM
Ew :( At least the 1994 version ( http://imdb.com/title/tt0109770/?fr=c2l0ZT1kZnxteD0yMHxzZz0xfGxtPTIwMHx0dD1vbnxwbj 0wfHE9ZmFudGFzdGljIGZvdXJ8aHRtbD0xfG5tPW9u;fc=3;ft =21;fm=1 ) was hilariously bad. This just looks bad.

Jedieb
Jan 29th, 2005, 05:27:56 PM
Good gawd, Alba is a hot!!!!! But this movie still looks like it's going to suck.

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 29th, 2005, 05:33:27 PM
Yeah it has that bomb tag starting already. This is going to hurt future Marvel films, IMO. On the other hand if Batman Begins does well that could spell we will have a rush of DC films.

Gav Mortis
Jan 29th, 2005, 07:30:04 PM
Saw this trailer a few days ago and decided there was no need to bring it to the forum's attention. It looks terrible.

Zasz Grimm
Jan 29th, 2005, 10:12:12 PM
I, like always, have the reverse opinion on most on this board.

I think this movie will be great. I will see it in theaters enthusiastically.

Julian McMahon will rock as doom.

PS:

The trailer music is awesome. I want it.

Shawn
Jan 31st, 2005, 11:54:06 AM
I hate the casting, I hate the changes to the plot (ie, giving Dr. Doom superpowers), but it looks like it might be marginally entertaining otherwise.

Drake Shadowstalker
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:13:27 PM
should be hella sweet. Marvel has yet to truly disappoint me with any movie.

James Prent
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:16:08 PM
I thought it looked cool - but I really don't know all that much about the Fantastic Four.

JMK
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:17:33 PM
Originally posted by James Prent
I thought it looked cool - but I really don't know all that much about the Fantastic Four.

That pretty much sums up exactly how I feel about it.

Drake Shadowstalker
Jan 31st, 2005, 03:23:17 PM
i just know that there is four of them and that they are fantastaic. And jessica alba is hot.

Jedieb
Jan 31st, 2005, 08:22:03 PM
I hate that they're making such drastic changes to the origins of the FF. They're some of Marvel's oldest characters and I'd rather they stay as close to their origins as possible. I really don't like any of the Doom changes I've heard. And why the hell isn't Johnny blonde?

The best FF stories I've read these last few years have been in Twisted Toyfare. Reed's clueless, Sue's a ho, Ben's a jerk, and Doom is a total loser. Ah Toyfare, how I adore thee....

Jedi Master Carr
Jan 31st, 2005, 09:42:49 PM
Yeah I am hoping this movie just bombs like I think it will. I mean compare this film to Batman Begins which comes out two weeks before this one. Batman has one of the best cast assembled and they are sticking to his orgins and not doing anything crazy unless you count the Batmobile :p

ReaperFett
Feb 1st, 2005, 11:16:42 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
Comic book fans will probably be disappointed, as I hear its not faitful to the books, especially in regards to the story and origin of Doc Doom.
Doom seems very Ultimate Doom.

At the end of the day, we saw nothing except a few SFX shots, so it is hard to say. Thing looks great, Doom looks decent, Reed looks the part, all played by good actors.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 3rd, 2005, 05:51:30 PM
I wouldn't call Alba or that guy playing the Human Torch good actors though. To me the casting is blah.

ReaperFett
Feb 3rd, 2005, 08:34:45 PM
People said that about Spider-Man and X-Men too :)

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 3rd, 2005, 09:10:43 PM
You see X-Men had a great cast they had two oscar nominees in Paquin and Mckellan, Stewart and Berry were well known at the time and Bruce Davidson who was a well known face in movies. Spiderman had Macqure and Dunst both very well known at the time and William Defoe was a big actor and had a supporting cast with people like Cliff Roberinson was just a great actor. There is nobody in F4 who fits that. Alba is known but not for her acting. Chicklas has done nothing outside TV. The same with the guy playing Doom, the torch actor has done some horrible teen movies. Finally, the lead hasn't done anything big except King Arthur which was a Box office disapointment. I just don't see the cast exciting especially considering I hear that the script is horrible.

Shawn
Feb 4th, 2005, 01:02:06 AM
I still say Simon Templeman should have been cast as Doom. And someone who doesn't look like a supermodel for Sue.

Keerrourri Feessaarro
Feb 4th, 2005, 07:05:09 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
You see X-Men had a great cast they had two oscar nominees in Paquin and Mckellan, Stewart and Berry were well known at the time and Bruce Davidson who was a well known face in movies. Spiderman had Macqure and Dunst both very well known at the time and William Defoe was a big actor and had a supporting cast with people like Cliff Roberinson was just a great actor. There is nobody in F4 who fits that. Alba is known but not for her acting. Chicklas has done nothing outside TV. The same with the guy playing Doom, the torch actor has done some horrible teen movies. Finally, the lead hasn't done anything big except King Arthur which was a Box office disapointment. I just don't see the cast exciting especially considering I hear that the script is horrible.

You leave Chicklas out of this. He's the best thing that F4 has going for it.

Jedi Master Carr
Feb 4th, 2005, 08:59:19 AM
I thought Irons should have been Doom he has the look and voice, IMO.

Jedi Master Carr
May 20th, 2005, 09:45:30 PM
Who else thought the trailer attached to Star Wars looked like crap? I have no hope for this film. I hate what they are doing to Doom, most of the actors look awful (the guy playing Torch is just horrible in the trailer and Alba is not far behind), and plus the trailer makes the movie look boring. I think next time I go see Episode three I might arrive late just to miss it :p

Lilaena De'Ville
May 20th, 2005, 10:54:47 PM
I thought it looked good. :) The part where the truck hits the Thing and goes flying up was pretty cool.

AmazonBabe
May 20th, 2005, 11:45:15 PM
I saw the FF and BB trailers before ROTS. The FF trailer looked cool, but it didn't get me all hyped. The BB trailer on the other hand got me hyped.

But then again, I have a bias towards DC and Batman in general. ^_^;

JMK
May 21st, 2005, 07:06:03 AM
I still think it looks cool. I don't appreciate the fact that they're changing Doom's origins but that's the way it goes sometimes. I'll still see it, but it probably won't be a priority.

Morgan Evanar
May 21st, 2005, 08:30:15 AM
The only casting they got really right was Johnny. The movie looks like a popcorn flick at best. Alba doesn't look like Sue Storm at all. Her skin tone is wrong etc.

Jedieb
May 21st, 2005, 11:00:06 PM
I was surprised by the FF trailer. It looks halfway decent. Don't think I'll be catching it in theaters, but it looks like it's worth a look on DVD. The WB BB footage I saw the other day looked amazing. I'll definitely be taking the boy to see that.

Jedi Master Carr
May 24th, 2005, 09:25:03 AM
Yeah Batman looks like the real deal, that is the next movie I can't wait for now.