PDA

View Full Version : The updated list

Southstar
Jan 20th, 2005, 01:19:06 PM
I noticed the updated member list in the Database and was thinking. If soemone goes AWOL for over a month or two, they need to be deleted. And we need some sort of policy (maybe just for apprentice levels) that their character and events pertaining to them will be voided after that month or two. Just to keep things a little cleaner. Anyone agree?

Lady Vader
Jan 20th, 2005, 04:20:52 PM
That's not a bad idea. It certainly would keep things more organized.

What say the rest of ye?

Dark Lord Rivin
Jan 20th, 2005, 04:32:28 PM
Really doesn't matter to me... How long till somebody is considered AWOL?

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 20th, 2005, 05:12:05 PM
Three or four months seems good.

Lady Vader
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:05:21 PM
Save for some exceptions: Live Wire, Dyzm, Vicsera (though he's not really AWOL, jus hasn't posted here in a while)

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 20th, 2005, 06:14:33 PM
Oolana Taine and Makoto Neo should really be exceptions; they pop in every now and again, and after all, they've both put some work into their characters.

Wiping out status and membership should probably just be applied to Apprentices, IMO - like Southstar said.

Lady Vader
Jan 20th, 2005, 07:04:59 PM
Well, not just Apprentices, as you can be an Apprentice for a good year if that's what you want for your character. Lets say that a wipe should be implimented after an amount of 4 months or so after the character has been created AND when there is little to no activity with said character. So essentially newbies.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 20th, 2005, 08:03:08 PM
Suggested deletions:

Sith Apprentices
Arcanus Kaze - Join date: August 31st, 04. Posts: 8
Damon the Shade - Join date: March 25th, 03. Posts: 64
Dark Daylight - Join date: April 3rd, 04. Posts: 136
MiHalla Dashquei - Join date: September 13th, 03. Posts: 80
Rakkel Thunderwing* - Join date: October 13th, 03. Posts: 40
Razvan - Join date: March 23rd, 04. Posts: 72

*I think the guy who plays Rakkel is still active under another name.

Zereth Lancer
Jan 20th, 2005, 11:40:43 PM
Do you think we could add who the apprentice's masters are and mark those that are masterless?

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 21st, 2005, 10:25:03 AM
I'll do that.

Southstar
Jan 21st, 2005, 12:19:48 PM
Perhaps it doesn't need to be a set rule with a time limit or anything. I think that we should add a point to the rule list or faq... whatever we have (if we have it) that we reserve the right to do so within reason (ie the person has been gone for quite some time.)

Then go into the bit about the stories with the deleted characters being voided.

Also, knights and masters should be exempt from this rule... perhaps placed under a different catergory like 'on leave' or 'in absence'

Nayala Palain
Jan 21st, 2005, 09:29:46 PM
I like it but also being a very busy person I was gone for A LONG time... but I pop in and out and I am trying to make it here at least 2 a week. I might even bring some others back to FANS...

But thats just me.. I speak with Arcanus at another board... where I train a different name of theirs. I will remind them of Fans and kick him in the <smallfont color={hovercolor}>-Censored-</smallfont>.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:31:36 AM
I'll be reclaiming the Baracc Olra'en account from my little sister, who's lost interest.

Arcanus stays on the list - for now.

I'll PM Rakkel's alter ego, if I can remember it.

Jen? Any word on Maim's rank? And 'Thena, if it doesn't go through will he still be here as an Apprentice?

We should get a group mission going - we've got a few masterless apprentices. Or else people can just take apprentices...

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:47:21 AM
Jen? Any word on Maim's rank? And 'Thena, if it doesn't go through will he still be here as an Apprentice?

Unless he provides links from SWfans to prove that he has trained to achieve the rank, he will remain an Apprentice.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:49:49 AM
I've got a few spare minutes; I'm actually going to try to look some of those up. He's a busy guy - and just now, I am as un-busy as it is possible to be.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:52:21 AM
BTW Rakkel's most active alternate account is Travis North

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:55:03 AM
Thanks.

Nayala Palain
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:20:09 PM
Maim found an old role call from TSO (From 2002) where his rank as Master but either way no Maim will not be here. Hes bogged down helping me Admin the Oasis once more.

Arcanus I spoke to last night he said to get rid of his name he wont be back.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:28:17 PM
Originally posted by Athena
Maim found an old role call from TSO (From 2002) where his rank as Master but either way no Maim will not be here. Hes bogged down helping me Admin the Oasis once more.

Yeah, I found that and his original recruitment thread - LV, LW and I believe DV accepted him with no question as to his Master rank.

Arcanus I spoke to last night he said to get rid of his name he wont be back.

Too bad...but oh well. We've got plenty of Apprentices.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 22nd, 2005, 01:44:37 PM
Yeah, I found that and his original recruitment thread - LV, LW and I believe DV accepted him with no question as to his Master rank.

They did, but unfortunately their word isn't good enough to allow him to completely bypass the system the boad has in place - which requires years of participation at SWFans for someone to achieve Master rank. Anyhoo, moot point now that he won't be here.

Nayala Palain
Jan 22nd, 2005, 02:26:56 PM
*says nothing....*

*speaks once more*

Yeah Arcanus is over promised at more boards then he knows what to do with.

Jen- Stop by the Oasis I would love to see ya.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 23rd, 2005, 05:42:52 PM
OK, I talked to Travis/Rakkel, and he said he probably won't be playing Rakkel 'for a long while'. I'd be willing to keep him on the list, personally.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 24th, 2005, 11:00:56 AM
Jen- Stop by the Oasis I would love to see ya.

I have no idea where it is :p

Nayala Palain
Jan 25th, 2005, 12:44:27 AM
Pm ya love... I pmed ya .

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 25th, 2005, 10:28:49 AM
How many incarnations of the Oasis have there been now? I remember going to the original one on EZboard, where I had a subforum!

Nayala Palain
Jan 28th, 2005, 02:36:57 PM
this is the Oasis reborn.

And you post you get it again love.

Eve Siren made her debute.