PDA

View Full Version : Vice?

James Prent
Jan 9th, 2005, 07:49:24 PM
There's a character called "Vice" who is posting in the GJO Grounds. I dont' think he has permission to do that, and I would like to know if he is a Jedi..?

Dae Jinn
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:03:40 PM
Um, yeah.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37582

There's his recruitment thread, which is 2 posts long. :rolleyes

Navaria Tarkin
Jan 9th, 2005, 08:56:42 PM
no he isnt a Jedi .. I know he did not get permission from me. where is the post?

Rognan Dar
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:13:06 PM
I see that he has posted in this tread in the grounds: http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37629

Other then that I dont know where else he has posted.

EDIT: There is now twp post from him in that thread.

Jacen
Jan 9th, 2005, 09:18:09 PM
I don't think it has been any others.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 9th, 2005, 10:06:08 PM
Hopefully I can nip this in the bud. I really wish people would read FAQs.

James Prent
Jan 10th, 2005, 11:13:56 AM
hahahahahahaha!!! Read a FAQ??? you must be joking. :)

Morgan Evanar
Jan 10th, 2005, 05:21:25 PM
I can pretend :(

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 10th, 2005, 08:51:02 PM
Some of us read it. I knew to wait. :D

Shanaria Fabool
Jan 12th, 2005, 11:52:47 AM
I did read them too! Only because I got bored and had a 4 hour break between my classes a few years back.

Kyle Krogen
Jan 13th, 2005, 10:55:00 PM
Ok, Big problem. Vice is posting in this thread http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37652 (post 4) saying he has a lightsabre? Is it ok for him to just suddenly have a lightsabre? because it seems wrong to me.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 13th, 2005, 11:11:59 PM
PM him and ask where he got his lightsaber from? Communicating a little can go a long way.

AmazonBabe
Jan 14th, 2005, 11:38:45 AM
Originally posted by James Prent
hahahahahahaha!!! Read a FAQ??? you must be joking. :)

Ok, so I guess it's a bad thing that I've been posting here for almost 5 years and I've never really read the FAQ. Some role model I am. ;)

(Of course, I can counter that with having loads of expereince, and, well, having helped throw ideas out for the FAQ ^_^; )

As for Vice, I've seen him post in the OOC forum before, but I never heard of him being accepted into the Jedi. Did he even fill out the "recruitment form"?

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 14th, 2005, 11:39:24 AM
Do you really expect him to tell you? He doesn't seem to be one of those guys who enjoys obeying rules and reading FAQs, from the looks of him. :rolleyes

Originally posted by AmazonBabe
As for Vice, I've seen him post in the OOC forum before, but I never heard of him being accepted into the Jedi. Did he even fill out the "recruitment form"?

No, he didn't; he just went into Recruitment and said he was looking for a master. http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37582

AmazonBabe
Jan 14th, 2005, 11:42:35 AM
Wait a minute... isn't Vice played by Dalamar? Or his newphew? Or something like that? :huh

EDIT: OK, I answered my own question: http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37093

But I do believe Dalamar does every now and then log onto Vice's account.

Anyways, I don't think this had any importance to Vice not having recruited properly to the GJO. :)

(Oh and just as an aside... Morg... you and Shawn essentially said the same thing. In the link I posted, post #13, Shawn says "nip this one in the bud", and then you go ahead and say it up above. I think you guys are psychically connected or something... albiet by several months of posting. :lol )

Dae Jinn
Jan 16th, 2005, 08:18:12 PM
He's also posted in the rp forum sayinghis grandfather was a great jedi on Tattoonie.

I think Dalamar has somewhat better grammar than Vice, AB.

Shade Magus
Jan 17th, 2005, 01:32:36 AM
Yeah...that was my thread he did that too. I'll pm to ask him to change some things (ie grammatical errors and such), but if not I'll just pm the other person and ask them to ignore him. I've seen how he got attatched to Kyle and I just don't want him doing that to me just yet.

Maybe he has better grammar, but jury is still out on rping skills.

Edit: Oops. It wasn't my thread he did that in, but I did see it. Just can't remember where.

Dae Jinn
Jan 17th, 2005, 09:44:21 AM
He's in MY thread...and I'm just going to kick his head in! :mad

It's my own fault for making an open thread. :x

Rognan Dar
Jan 17th, 2005, 09:17:07 PM
Dont you love how it being open can come back to haunt you?

Jacen
Jan 17th, 2005, 09:32:39 PM
You and me both

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 17th, 2005, 09:39:59 PM
Originally posted by Dae Jinn
He's in MY thread...and I'm just going to kick his head in! :mad

It's my own fault for making an open thread. :x

Calm, Dae, calm. Let him annoy the wrong people, then ask them if you can kick his head in. :D

Shade Magus
Jan 17th, 2005, 09:47:43 PM
I sent the kid a pm and he is just like...I'm only 11.

Rognan Dar
Jan 17th, 2005, 09:50:56 PM
sent the kid a pm and he is just like...I'm only 11.

Then read more and write less. My goodness...he is everywhere....He just needs to calm down and think more about what he writes and maybe just needs better reading comprehension.

Shade Magus
Jan 17th, 2005, 09:51:59 PM
lol...those were almost my exact words!

Dae Jinn
Jan 17th, 2005, 10:20:17 PM
Originally posted by Kieran Devaneaux
Calm, Dae, calm. Let him annoy the wrong people, then ask them if you can kick his head in. :D

No. I know, it IS an open thread (I try NOT to make open threads, because I hate them so so much...), and I can't really complain about him posting there. So, I'll make the best of it, and just kick his butt IC, since he has no clue what's really going on in there.

Rognan Dar
Jan 17th, 2005, 10:22:23 PM
I dont think you'll have much luck with that. From what I hear, I doubt you can even touch him with your boot.

Kyle Krogen
Jan 17th, 2005, 10:29:06 PM
The guy is stalking me I tell you! He follows one of my chars around (Xel-Naga) and it gets annoying when I start two open threads at the same time (with different chars) and the guy posts to both. I guess I'll have to stop making open threads from now on.

I think he just needs to stop posting to every open thread he sees

And He RPed (in his "murder" thread) saying it was snowing on Tattooine....

Dae Jinn
Jan 17th, 2005, 10:36:29 PM
Originally posted by Kyle Krogen
And He RPed (in his "murder" thread) saying it was snowing on Tattooine....

lmao. I read that. :lol Make your threads semi-open, or "ask for an invite" only, Kyle.

Rog, he said that I hit him. If he godmodes, I'll call him on it. *shrug*

Daerlayne
Jan 18th, 2005, 12:53:32 AM
Personally, I think that "Uncle" Dalamar should be doing a better job of helping him along. It's not like this isn't the first incident of him being a bit disruptive.

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 18th, 2005, 09:39:43 AM
Originally posted by Kyle Krogen
The guy is stalking me I tell you! He follows one of my chars around (Xel-Naga) and it gets annoying when I start two open threads at the same time (with different chars) and the guy posts to both. I guess I'll have to stop making open threads from now on.

Nothing wrong with me, is there? I posted - with two different Cs - in that one thread, and Vice was all "big macho guy". Me, I think he's a pathetic loser, but that's just me.

Angelica Shin
Jan 18th, 2005, 12:29:59 PM
Originally posted by Shade Magus
Yeah...that was my thread he did that too. I'll pm to ask him to change some things (ie grammatical errors and such), but if not I'll just pm the other person and ask them to ignore him.

Done and Done Shadu.

Yeah, I'm Bobby, and I've put vice on my ignore list, I suggest if he continues to be a nuance to do the same.

AmazonBabe
Jan 18th, 2005, 12:36:04 PM
Originally posted by Daerlayne
Personally, I think that "Uncle" Dalamar should be doing a better job of helping him along. It's not like this isn't the first incident of him being a bit disruptive.

Perhaps PMing Vice isn't going to help any of us. But perhaps PMing Dalamar to bring his newphew into line might.

But so far, all I see that Vice has done is essentially annoy people in open RPs. But the minute he does something that's serious, let the mods know and we can bring it to his attention and Dalamar's attention (there is a reason why adult consent is needed for younger kids for posting at these boards).

Wei Wu Wei
Jan 18th, 2005, 01:06:48 PM
Well, considering he's 11 years old, what do you expect as far as reading, writing, and interacting with other people?

Of course he's going to do all this stuff. He's still a little kid. He's still learning and still growing up, and so he's going to do things like follow people around like a little lost puppy, especially if he admires/looks up to the person he's following around. Not to mention he's probably aware that most of the people on this board are in their early teens up to the late 20's. He's going to try to do his best to write a character that's powerful and impressive to try to earn your approval because you all are "big people" and so you are automatically considered to be "cool" or otherwise "awesome."

Most people nowadays that I've seen will never grasp spelling and grammar any better than an 11 year old, so just keep praying and maybe some day God will perform a miracle and people will be able to communicate in written language on an adult level.

I also realize that many of people on this board have little patience for people who take longer than they do to learn how to do things properly around here. Maybe you guys could pick up where Dalamar didn't and patiently teach him how to RP, rather than chew him out behind his back and pick on him in all the many threads he's become involved with and make him feel bad.

I have learned from experience that people are most willing to shape up their act if you treat them with a little kindness, patience, and decency.

AmazonBabe
Jan 18th, 2005, 01:25:12 PM
Wei... you have wisdom beyond your years. :)

Kieran Devaneaux
Jan 18th, 2005, 03:19:32 PM
Originally posted by Wei Wu Wei
Well, considering he's 11 years old, what do you expect as far as reading, writing, and interacting with other people?

He's 11?! Jesus Christ and General Jackson! They make them young and stupid these days! Of course, I was the same way, but almost six years of RPing have given me a degree of experience. :D

Rognan Dar
Jan 18th, 2005, 09:53:59 PM
And those six years didn't just come out of no where. I agree with you Wei, as I usually do. I was thinking on the lines of what you said, but never really commited on the thought. I have not yet had dealings with him, so I'm not all that effected and it might seem easyer for me to say these things.

Of course he is young and doesn't know how to write well. I know I was not any better, if not worse, at his age. Heck, I might have eve been at that level when I started. But I learned, yes. And so will he, if given the chance. But I do think that we might need to talk to Dal and have him pass a few words along to his nephew in order that Vice might listen to him better. I dont have a problem with him trying to fit in or try and be cool, but he needs to keep some things in mind. One would be for him to read more then he is writing. If he just watches how things were done a little more he might be able to understand better and then write better. Second is that he should stop jumping into every thread he can just because he has the time and wants to do something. Third is that he might just need someone to help him along with what is going on and maybe just help him with a RP or two and point out some thing like Vocab and spelling and how this would effect you that way. But thats me.

Shade Magus
Jan 22nd, 2005, 09:37:22 AM
Well I pm'ed the guy about it and even offered to help him with basic writing and stuff like that and..he said his uncle who plays Dalamar would help him.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:12:38 AM

No excuse. Case in point: Fire Hazzard.

rofl, just kidding

Well I pm'ed the guy about it and even offered to help him with basic writing and stuff like that and..he said his uncle who plays Dalamar would help him.

If you're up for helping him, still offer to do so regardless of whether Dalamar is. It's quite probable that Dalamar would go easy on him, since they are related - where as you can be as tough as you like without feeling bad about it! :)

Shade Magus
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:21:03 AM
I did, but Dalamar appears to be the only answer I can get from him.

James Prent
Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:02:24 PM
Fire Hazzard wasn't even 11. :p

Shade Magus
Jan 22nd, 2005, 04:16:22 PM
Wasn't even 11? I thought Fire Hazzard was atleast 12...man...where was I?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 22nd, 2005, 05:20:32 PM
IIRC, she was 9 (though I'm not sure that adds up with the rest of the timeline of the Xazor saga o_O)

James Prent
Jan 22nd, 2005, 06:15:44 PM
Since we all know Fire Hazzard was also Xazor, the story of her being 9 certainly doesn't mesh with Xazor being...17? I'm not sure whether either age was the truth.

Shade Magus
Jan 22nd, 2005, 06:16:41 PM
You and me both.