PDA

View Full Version : Application (If You're Still Taking Any!)

Artimus Devaneaux
Jan 7th, 2005, 12:37:00 PM
Character Name: Artimus Devaneaux

Character Profile: At 41 he is fairly old, but he remains as strong and quick as he was in his youth. He is silent and calculating, known for his icy, unflinching stare - with only his left eye, his right eye white and sightless.

Character History: Artimus is the deposed warlord of his homeworld of Reydovan Prime. He conquered the planet and held it with an iron fist, and then razed it to the ground when his son overthrew him. The Devaneaux family had maintained a long-standing association with the Jedi Order by sending each of their children to Coruscant around their twentieth year, a tradition dating back to the Mandalorian Wars 4,000 years ago. Artimus was the eldest - but Artimus, with his cold aura of cruelty, should never have even been considered. His son Kieran, however, met the criteria for Jedi training, a fact Artimus is both amused and jealous about.

Character Motivations: "If you can't be in one, you must be in the other" has been Artimus' long-standing philosophy. While not seeking Sith training for revenge per se, he still resents the power and martial strength that Kieran possesses. The battle between them (where both became blinded in their right eyes, and Artimus lost the tip of his right index finger in the process) still remains fresh in Artimus' mind. He wishes to be more prepared when the time comes for father and son to meet in battle again.

Character Skills: Artimus is an excellent mechanic (he doesn't know the physics of a hyperdrive, but knows how to fix one), and also is a good melee fighter - missing eye and finger aside. Despite his age, he is still very strong and possesses the same degree of alacrity that he had in his younger years.

Why Should We Accept You?: Artimus feels that his skills are better used for someone who would appreciate them. He saw the Jedi as unappreciative of the skills he possessed - which, ironically, his son Kieran possesses as well (and he was accepted into the Jedi Order).

Do You Understand That Your Application Can Be Rejected?: Yes.

Have You Read the Rules?: Yes.

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 7th, 2005, 12:57:07 PM
Yes, conditional upon that roleplaying example.

Rasha Vill
Jan 7th, 2005, 01:12:30 PM
I say YES, again pending a roleplaying Example.

Southstar
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:49:56 PM
Yes, once you give a roleplaying example

Artimus Devaneaux
Jan 7th, 2005, 06:56:04 PM
((Since I control both Artimus and Kieran, would an RP, in essence, with myself count? Just out of curiosity.))

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 7th, 2005, 07:15:45 PM
*shrugs* I did it with another one of my characters, and nobody objected.

Artimus Devaneaux
Jan 7th, 2005, 07:35:04 PM
Where do you want it? Here?

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 7th, 2005, 07:40:29 PM
Yep. A link, right here.

Artimus Devaneaux
Jan 7th, 2005, 07:40:53 PM
Oh, a link. Okay. I'll be with you momentarily.

Artimus Devaneaux
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:21:42 PM
Shattered Past, Shattered Worlds (Open) (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37610)

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 8th, 2005, 10:40:35 AM
Yes.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:10:57 AM
Yes.

Southstar
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:39:18 AM
Yes... again.

Rasha Vill
Jan 8th, 2005, 01:08:32 PM
Yes

Je'gan Olra'en
Jan 11th, 2005, 03:33:36 PM
Fifth vote, anyone?

Zereth Lancer
Jan 11th, 2005, 09:43:55 PM
I, voting for the first time, Say YES.

Lady Vader
Jan 12th, 2005, 11:10:01 AM
Looks like we have all the votes we need.

Welcome to the Order, Artimus. :)

Artimus Devaneaux
Jan 12th, 2005, 09:05:40 PM
Thank you, Lady Vader. Now shall we go ungrateful son hunting? :D

AmazonBabe
Jan 14th, 2005, 12:09:55 PM
By all means. You may begin posting in the Palace and perhaps ask some of your fellow Sith to come with you.

Alas, due to time constraints, I may not be able to join. But I know others would be most eager. :)

Artimus Devaneaux
Jan 14th, 2005, 03:55:14 PM
Ooh, fun! And whoever the moderators are here who handle custom titles: Thank you! It certainly fits. :D

Rasha Vill
Jan 14th, 2005, 05:09:46 PM
I'm glad you like the CT :D ;)