PDA

View Full Version : people bringing over ranks from other boards?

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 6th, 2005, 01:29:41 PM
Originally posted by Maim
Diete Somir, known as the Sith Master Maim, moved from the all concealing shadows to his wife's side. Offering a slight nod of his head he spoke to Lady Vader.

"It seems many Sith are forced to hide and work in secret these days." he said, his voice even. "Perhaps one day we will be free to move about as we once did and rule what is rightfully ours... the entire galaxy." He said, his tone a bit more firm.

His sweeping gaze took in the new location and he nodded a bit with approval. Dark cloak swirling around him as if in some unfelt breeze, he looked between his wife and Lady Vader.

o_O is he allowed to do this? as far as I'm aware, Maim got his rank in the chats (someone correct me if I'm wrong) and hasn't ever had it contested on the numerous boards he's RPed at (SWRPG, TRF, etc)... but I wasn't sure if that was (or had been?) the case here.

If any of that makes sense :huh

Morgan Evanar
Jan 6th, 2005, 02:33:27 PM
That shit don't fly here.

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 6th, 2005, 02:38:35 PM
He has to start from the very bottom then, right?

Morgan Evanar
Jan 6th, 2005, 02:40:36 PM
Yes. I don't know of any time that we grandfathered anyone in with full master status, except maybe 6 months before I showed up. A few times someone has shown up as a Knight, and 9/10 times that is shot down, too.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:17:27 PM
The only person who's gotten away with it is Rivin, thanks to TSO completely ignoring the fact that people always have to start at the bottom.

He must start at the bottom. We told the people at AraMir that if they wanted to be a part of SW-Fans that they had to uphold our rules, and the same should go for TSO, or whatever group would want to harbor these individuals/characters. Uphold board policy or get the boot.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 6th, 2005, 03:24:03 PM
I've PMed him and told him that he needs to downgrade himself to Apprentice.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 7th, 2005, 05:48:07 AM
Maim wrote on Today 12:13 AM:
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=24179&highlight=Maim

For your reference.

???

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 7th, 2005, 11:01:40 AM
ok now I'm confuzzled. Did he bring his rank over TWO YEARS ago and no one raised a fuss at TSO?

Morgan Evanar
Jan 7th, 2005, 12:42:24 PM
AHAHAHAAH no. He doesn't have any actual posts.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/search.php?action=showresults&searchid=153486&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

lollerskates. Sorry, buddy. you have no credit with us. TSO has always been asleep at the wheel.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 7th, 2005, 03:31:14 PM
tso or... no I won't say it.

Someone should have a conference with the leader of TSO though. Or is that you now, Jenny? Or are you sort of like a vice president?

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 7th, 2005, 04:53:28 PM
LV ultimately makes all of the decisions. I just chip in my two cents :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 7th, 2005, 08:23:34 PM
and she gives you your change back, am i rite?

:p

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 8th, 2005, 05:56:31 AM
:lol :rolleyes shush you

TheHolo.Net
Jan 8th, 2005, 10:12:08 AM
I took a look at Maim's post at TSO from 2 years ago. He mentions a lot of names and the only one I recognize is Athena, every single other name he mentions was never a part of the RP scene here. I do not believe his "Master" rank applies here.

What I recommend be done is that he be asked to provided links to training threads/RPs he was involved in here at Fans that substantiaite his rank/training. If they cannot be provided then he gets to do what all the other transfers do, start from the beginning.

Even though he is no longer a mod, it might be a good idea to talk to Charley via PM or IM and get him involved in presenting the questions of legitimacy to Maim. Charley was always very good at stating the position of the community when it came to rank issues carried over from other RP sources.

I'd rather not drive new blood away from the forums, but we do need to keep fairness to the members, who have spent years here earning their rank, at the top of our list of priorities in this situation.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 8th, 2005, 11:07:40 AM
I've offered Maim the chance fo supply links to training, etc to keep the rank. I wouldn't worry about driving away new blood though. Maim isn't exactly well-known for sticking around. He just drifts about from board to board (usually following Athena), claiming a Master rank and doing very little else thereafter.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 8th, 2005, 09:22:36 PM
His posting history suggests exactly that.