PDA

View Full Version : The Aviator

CMJ
Dec 25th, 2004, 05:13:01 PM
I don't have a great deal of time, because I'm visiting my folks and we're busy as all get out. Nonetheless, I saw Scorcese's new movie this afternoon, and I just had to put up some quick thoughts.

Terrific picture guys. DiCaprio hits one out of the park with his performance. Heck, everyone involved should be proud of this sucker(Blanchett, Reilly, Alda, etc). It's BIG in every sense of the word. Technically the film is flawless, expect numerous nods from those Acdemy branches. It's my favorite of Scorcese's films - so obviously, run to the theater.

I believe this is our Oscar winner.

Master Yoghurt
Dec 25th, 2004, 05:20:52 PM
I look forward to see this :)

Sarr Koon
Dec 25th, 2004, 07:34:16 PM
:zzz

Callomas Savoc
Dec 25th, 2004, 07:53:37 PM
This is my must-see movie of the winter season. I can't wait to see it.

Zasz Grimm
Dec 25th, 2004, 09:04:03 PM
Originally posted by Sarr Koon
:zzz

gogo gadget AvP

On another note, I want to see this. DiCaprio looks like he's doing good in it. I liked him in The Man In The Iron Mask. Alot. I dunno if I'll get a chance to hit the movies, but I'll try.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 25th, 2004, 10:30:31 PM
My appreciation for DiCaprio jumped quite a bit after watching Catch Me If You Can, so I'll definately be seeing this movie when I get the chance.

Sanis Prent
Dec 25th, 2004, 10:33:19 PM
He made me a fan after The Quick and the Dead. His character stole the show in my opinion. Catch Me If You Can was more of the same, and with the exception of The Beach and Titanic, he's really done no wrong.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 25th, 2004, 11:08:45 PM
I forgot about The Quick and the Dead. That's probably one of the only westerns I really truly like. And yes, DiCaprio was great in it.

Telan Desaria
Dec 26th, 2004, 11:42:31 AM
Titannic soured me a bit but Catch me if you can was excellent - - as was Man in the Iron Mask - - - - what a wonderful era to live in, no?

I will see this later today actually. I will return with a critique.