PDA

View Full Version : I'm taking a break

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 16th, 2004, 04:24:11 PM
This weekend, I won't be online at all from the time this is posted till Monday morning.

This is tiring. It really is. And I'm not talking about trying to work things out about the power shift. I'm talking about the fact that when people have problems with each other, I'M the one you all go to to vent. And while I don't mind people venting at me in the least, it's when upwards of 5 people come to me with problems they're having with others that my vent stores get very full, very quickly.

Yes, the Empire rising back to power was my idea, but I can't be the emotional support for everyone here who has a difference of opinions with someone else. Work your problems out with yourselves and not through me. I don't care if that means sucking in your pride to initiate the conversation - just do it. I can't be any sort of middleman, as all of you I consider to be my friends - and I most certainly won't take sides against any one of you.

Tomorrow is my birthday, and so far this week (on top of problems at work which I have explained to a few of you) I've had massive conversations - no less than two a day - with some of you about how someone is singling them out, or how someone is trying to stop them from RPing. Or, that people hate them.

HATE them? In a community such as this, that is the absolute last thing I want to hear. Nobody should feel like that; especially here. I understand everyone is different, has different tastes, likes, and dislikes, but that's what made this place so unique. We're not StarWarsRPG, and we're not TRF. We're SWFans.

I understand also, that this was completely inadvertant on everyone's part. There's no way any one of you could possibly know that others come to me with very much the same sort of problems, and so I don't fault you for that at all. It's just that, to have all of this culminate and come to a head on the day before my birthday is not exactly what I had planned. I don't list my birthday on the calender because I don't generally want it known when it is. Just personal preference, but sometimes things happen and I can't help but feeling like I've recieved a present in the form of emotional dumping and other stress-related issues.

So work things out civilly and on your own. Until Monday I will be gone. If you absolutely need to get in touch with me, Charley can provide you with my phone number if you don't have it.

I will see you all on Monday morning.

Darth Vader
Dec 16th, 2004, 04:30:59 PM
Hey, you're the one who took the job. You ignored the warning signs at your own peril :p

And no guys, you won't even get her phone number, so don't ask >D I have plans.

AmazonBabe
Dec 16th, 2004, 04:36:24 PM
I already have her number. So, mneh. :p

Have a wonderful birthday, Christin. See you when you get back. :)

Darth Vader
Dec 16th, 2004, 04:38:49 PM
Originally posted by AmazonBabe
I already have her number. So, mneh. :p

Which is useless if the phone is unplugged.

AmazonBabe
Dec 16th, 2004, 04:44:57 PM
Well, duh. But I wasn't planning on calling her anyways. So you can cool your jets now. :rolleyes

Darth Vader
Dec 16th, 2004, 04:56:24 PM
No way. My jets only have one setting. Fuego.

Telan Desaria
Dec 16th, 2004, 04:59:35 PM
I have her number....

but u wont get it from me either.

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 16th, 2004, 05:17:01 PM
Take it easy, sI. Totally understand. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 16th, 2004, 05:38:40 PM
:hug OH GREAT NOW EVERYONE WILL COME TO ME WITH THEIR PROBLEMS!!!

;) have a happy birthday/break!! :D

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 16th, 2004, 06:04:00 PM
Originally posted by Darth Vader
Hey, you're the one who took the job. You ignored the warning signs at your own peril :p

I feel the need to clarify this real quick - it's been going on for longer than I've been an RP mod, it just came to a magnificient head this last week.

And thank you, I'll do my best to enjoy my weekend *insert tired smily here*

Zasz Grimm
Dec 17th, 2004, 02:59:01 AM
Enjoy it Christin, it's obvious that you need it. Chill with chuckles, catch a flick, go out on your birthday. Enjoy yourself.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 17th, 2004, 03:43:00 AM
get a stripper (that was directed toward Christin)

Khendon Sevon
Dec 17th, 2004, 08:41:40 PM
Relax, that's an order! :) and happy birthday.

Pierce Tondry
Dec 19th, 2004, 12:34:06 PM
I tried to call you to wish you a happy birthday, Christin, but maybe I've got the wrong number down for you. Either way, I at least wanted to say it somewhere.

Hope the stress has boiled off a little bit at least.

Sanis Prent
Dec 19th, 2004, 12:40:15 PM
I'll deliver the message to her. She says thanks.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Dec 19th, 2004, 03:19:59 PM
I'm coming back a little early :)

First, thanks to everyone and their kind words. I had probably the best birthday I've had in six years, and I feel completely rested and my mind cleared. Charley said he would give me the best birthday I've had in a long time, and he didn't lie. It was peaceful, quiet, and without distraction.

I can't tell you how wonderful it was to just sit back and relax, watch a few movies, and wallow in my time off. But, I'm also itching to get back to writing. I love talking with all of you, and I love writing with all of you. The last two and a half days have been just the pause I needed to recharge myself and let things stew (the good kind of stew) in my brain. Though the last thing I want to pull is a Xazor and be back the very next hour afte saying I was taking a break, I don't feel that I've done that. I took my days off, and made the choice to come back a little bit earlier than I said I would.

So I'm back and ready to have fun :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 19th, 2004, 05:08:14 PM
It was awful while you were gone. I missed you so much! :cry

:hug glad you're back.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 19th, 2004, 09:18:31 PM
It was so very nice and quiet.

AmazonBabe
Dec 20th, 2004, 02:33:05 PM
:wave

Hi s'Il! :hug Welcome back from your break! Glad you had a wonderful bday! ^_^