PDA

View Full Version : Working Girl (open)

Azumi Rae
Dec 6th, 2004, 10:49:42 PM
..//..begin.recording..//..galactic.date..//..06.12.2004..//..

Am v. excited. Am starting fabulous new carreer as an "attache" in the Imperial Sovereignty. Have been told I'm "moving up in the world", but I still feel like the same old me.

Have no idea what an "attache" does exactly - possibly involves luggage? V. confused. Was not told about being a luggage carrier for Imperial officers. I suppose I will find out once I arrive at new job.

Have been exploring new home and am v. excited at the thought of working with Imperial officers. They're known for their...exceptional posteriors. And from what I've seen, these rumors are in fact, true. Imperial uniforms also seem to be designed with this in mind. Must find their tailor and congratulate him.

Am now sitting in the waiting area. V. nervous. Feel like I stick out like...a big pink thumb. Am patiently waiting to meet new employer, who-ever he is. An Admiral I think, but am not sure....

Azumi Rae set aside her datd-pad, trying to sit up straight without showing off too much leg in her short skirted Imperial uniform. She had been waiting for a few minutes for her meeting with her boss. She had been a member of the Empire for some time - an odd thing for a Zeltron, who are known for their lazy, partying ways. She had originally been hired as arm-candy for high ranking officers, but eventually worked her way into doing small office tasks. Now she was sitting in the plush surroundings of a large waiting area, not really knowing what she was about to get herself into.

Telan Desaria
Dec 6th, 2004, 11:09:35 PM
Grand Admiral Desaria passed between the ceremonial guards posted at the entryway to his office deep in High Command, very glad to have the pair nearby. Though their uniforms exuded the regality the Empire was so famous for, they acted as silent sentinels keeping the unwanted out - - as now, several staff officers withdrawing quietly as the Grand Admiral disappeared to his inner sanctum.

Moving past his private secretary and her antechamber desk he continued on past another set of guards and into his office proper. It was a large and expanse chamber, decked out in opulent dark wood furnished atop cold steel. From every window could be seen Xucphra City, the office in the central tower of the Imperial Command and Control Complex.

With a casual shrug Desaria removed his field-grey geat coat and placed it on the nearby rack, his visor cap following. He retired to the comfortable confines of his chair. All the while, he had ignored the female seated below the tall windows on a small sofa.

" I assume you are my new Attache, no?"

Azumi Rae
Dec 6th, 2004, 11:16:24 PM
"I guess so."

She couldn't believe how meek she sounded. Normally, she was a bubbly ball of energy. But he had walked right by, without so much as a glance at her. Part of her wanted to use her natural pheromones to...ease her mind and lighten the mood.

"You're Grand-Admiral Desaria, right?" She didn't move from her seat, tilting her head slightly to look at him.

Telan Desaria
Dec 6th, 2004, 11:26:43 PM
The Grand Admiral was taken aback. This girl seated before him in his office had the impetuousness to speak to him in a such a manner. On the field in the head of battle he could tolerate such wording from a subordinate, decorum a little needed concern. But here, on Thyferra, at High Command, it was intolerable.

Desaria decided to toy with her before he had her smited and sent to finishing school. He was glad to see her blazer did not have any insignia whatsoever.

" I am indeed. So, whomever are you? I assume from your rather slovenly demeanor somone from the work-release programme?"

Azumi Rae
Dec 6th, 2004, 11:40:30 PM
A little smirk crossed her well-glossed lips. "No, actually."

She rose from her spot on the couch, fixing her skirt as she walked towards him. "I'm Azumi. I guess we're going to be working together, so we should try to get along. I know you're probably used to a more...formal introduction, but that's just not how I am. If that's going to be a problem, maybe you should send me back to my old job."

She had picked up on his emotions right away, and wasn't too pleased. A smattering of pheromones was in the air now - more of a defensive reaction then anything else.

Telan Desaria
Dec 7th, 2004, 11:11:25 PM
The Grand Admiral scowled, but quickly perked up. This was going to be fun - - frowm pauper to princess, perhaps.....

" Well - you know I assume what your duties will consist of. You are a civilian but an Imperial citizen all the same. I am a Grand Admiral and cannot spend my time typing out memoranda and organizing a calander. My staff is able enough but they are occupied by military matters. Your function will to do the various and sundry things of a non-military but still vital importance. Dictation, et cetera."

The Admiral smiled tightly.

" You are aware, of course, that in doing this you will accompany me on my journeys, often into combat and certain death?"

Azumi Rae
Dec 7th, 2004, 11:21:36 PM
She shrugged. "As long as it's not boring."

Azumi sat on the edge of his desk, picking up some papers and leafing through them. "So, what did you want me to do first? Tidy up this office?"

She made a face as she picked up another pile of papers, "It's...really lived in, isn't it?"

Telan Desaria
Dec 13th, 2004, 08:23:58 PM
" It is indeed."

The Grand Admiral stood, placing his hands on the desk for support.

" Madame, this is not your office, it is mine. Yours will be adjacent." He pointed through the doors. " Among your first duties will be to acclamate yourself to the Imperial Operations Manual for Civil Affairs and the General Orders. You will find some of the latter doubtless a tad uninteresting to you but important nevertheless. I have had all eight volumes of the former and sixteen of the latter placed on your desk. "

Desaria gestured through the doors.