PDA

View Full Version : wondering...

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:42:33 AM
Since this group (from what I know) is mostly just one on one pairings with Master and apprentice, not really being a "group" persay,...

Is Iziz still like, the "meeting" place or home of KA members?

Redeemer
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:44:27 AM
Good question. I have neither Master nor Apprentice, so I'm in the same kind of loop as you I guess.

Razielle Shadana
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:48:05 AM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36789

:D

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 1st, 2004, 11:56:52 AM
Ahhhh, ok.

So, say someone has no relations or contact with LD or Silus, or really anyone else in the "group", how are we suppose to know, IC, who *use* to be part of the group, or meet others who use to be a part of the group?

*feels like a newb*

And I can be your master, Redeemer. ;)

Razielle Shadana
Dec 1st, 2004, 12:33:15 PM
guess you are going to have to go for the random run-in approach? O_O I dunno...

Awww, Ree and Snackie = too cute. Watch out Snack, she bites. ;)

Redeemer
Dec 1st, 2004, 12:34:43 PM
Ooooh Snackie....would ya? ;) Could see the possiblities with that um, joining!

And yes, I bite :D

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 1st, 2004, 12:44:37 PM
Meh, I'll just force Jared to introduce me to everyone, and have him spread the name of Snacky around. :p Or Razzy! I know Razzy, I think. :lol

And yes, I bite :D

Everyone seems to bite with me... >D

And it's a possibility. :)

Redeemer
Dec 1st, 2004, 01:22:06 PM
*bats her long eyelashes and pouts prettily at him*

Razielle Shadana
Dec 1st, 2004, 02:10:11 PM
Yeah I can do that, Jared and Raz train together too, so this is a good possibilty Snackums :)

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 1st, 2004, 04:38:19 PM
Aww, how can I say no to that? =)

Redeemer
Dec 1st, 2004, 05:27:03 PM
Originally posted by Nathanial K'cansce
Aww, how can I say no to that? =)

:love

Should I call you 'Master' now? ;)

:crack

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 1st, 2004, 09:32:51 PM
Yes, yes you can

or should. should would have worked better there.

'Yes. Yes you should.'

Yea, that's the way.

Han Fernua
Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:13:29 AM
Should we get the their own "private" room? I think there is quite a few around...

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 2nd, 2004, 01:56:45 AM
To 'get' a master, you would have to OOC set up an IC meeting, where your master would take you on as their apprentice.

OOC we're a group, IC, some of us might not even know each other.

If Dalamar wants some training in the Dark Side, it would make sense for one of our vampires to train him, except that there are no vampires of a higher rank in the Force than him, only equals.

Oh, speaking of vampires, I'd like to know what you consider your 'race's' inherent abilities are. As far as I know the Shrine and the Cabal RP their vampies very differently, and I'd like to be educated on the differences.

Somara Ave
Dec 2nd, 2004, 06:35:33 AM
you know that saying "if you have nothing nice to say"?

I'll PM ya ;)

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 2nd, 2004, 01:25:10 PM
thanks for the PM ;)

Silus Xilarian
Dec 2nd, 2004, 04:14:03 PM
I think everyone rps their Vamp's abilities differently =P

Vampyre Dalamar
Dec 2nd, 2004, 09:48:39 PM
Well I don't have wings, I don't fly. I'm strong,fast and hard to kill. The sun will kill me. I don't read minds but can pick up thougts and emotions. Have very small Illusion powers, I can't morp or change shape. I will rp vampyre spells and events but always just to spice the story and usually with npc characters. Example Heart of the Dragon storyline. I cast a spell to start the story. Stuff like that.

No Telekinetics, has the force so I feel whats the point.

There is one exception to reading minds. If I place a bloodcall on someone I know them inside out. I can also track them. I can also hear the blood and heartbeat of most people.

Sum up

No wings
No Flying
No Morph
No Telekinetics
No mind reading (Unless blood call attached)
Killed by the Sun

Strong,Fast
Small Illusion powers
Picks up surface emotions and thoughts
Sense's blood and heartbeats
Sith Magic, Sometimes Vamp magic to enhance the story.

If we could just get a breakdown of powers and abilities Somara?

Silux is Darren a member of this board also?

Hope that helps.
:smokin

Silus Xilarian
Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:11:10 PM
Darren isnt. He's very loosely affiliated with SFF now, as in, Hera gives him money sometimes.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 3rd, 2004, 12:51:52 AM
So - no super healing abilities? Because the super healing is what I mostly have a problem with. Yeah, I have problems with vampies, but I'm working on it. ;)

also - are you guys RPed as a race, or as the supernatural undead?

Somara Ave
Dec 3rd, 2004, 03:44:16 AM
We were RP'd as a race until certain parties evoked certain changes that brought about a cataclysmic downfall and everyone lost control of the vamps, because of it. It was controlled and uniform - we were all the same and now SHAZAM!!!! Mass chaos! >_<

Now, like Lestat said - all one need's is a pair of fangs.>D

So I gather how it will go from now on, the different sects can have their own storylines. Let them come up with whatever hogwash they will.. As for the races, its going to have to be like different offshoots of the same spieces. Or a Raz tells it in posts - different manifestations of the "virus". Its the only way to explain how different they are, and why.

The Cabal Vampyres do still adhere to the rules originally set up by the Coven, and Saurron. -insert salute for MIA buddy- . Strict rules, regarding not making things silly and god moding.. We would never have allowed someone in our group that we thought for a minute wouldn't stick with them. If someone did - we would be offering them a one way ticket to another vamp group and away from Kirrek. :p

If we could just get a breakdown of powers and abilities Somara?

I could do that, but then I'd have to kill you. :D

LOL seriously? The Cabal rules are pretty tight. :p ;)

Salem Ave
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:43:48 AM
Originally posted by Salem Ave
Okay, I don't want people here to think that being a certain rank within the Cabal grants you that rank elsewhere. I know most people understand this, but I just thought I'd make it crystal clear.

Things you do not get by becoming a vampire:
- mastery (or any kind of skill, for that matter) over sith magick (NO this is Sith Master level stuff)
- necromancing abilities (see above)
- automatic proficiency in the force (TRAIN you fools)
- ultrahyperuber superhuman strength/stamina (you get this through training with the Force)
- beauty (this is a stupid preconception, that by becoming undead you become this ghastly pale beauty - you don't)
- the ability to 'charm' (don't presume that because you are a vampire that everyone is suspetible to your preternatural charms)
- the ability to predict emotional reactions (as above, don't assume that simply by looking upon you, peoples hearts will be filled with fear - you just look like every other freak in the galaxy)

Things you do get:
- adversity to sunlight
- fangs/claws
- thirst for blood

Somara Ave
Dec 3rd, 2004, 06:48:47 AM
and thar you have it....

Vampyre Dalamar
Dec 3rd, 2004, 08:12:53 AM
Well I never really thought about them as a race. Seeing as almost every one that become one was through infection. Or Virus as Somara said. Yes, we heal quick but its not super healing. That being said I rped them as undead.

Being undead also has its advantages. Its not a healing atribute. But I could take more damage. Like a stab to the throat. I'm already dead. I could take that. Rip out my still beating undead heart. Nope I'm a goner. Cut off my head. Yeah, that would do it also. So I'm not invincible. Just harder to kill. Also sunlight will do it.

I really never thought about it. I never sat down and wrote it out until you asked me. I'm glad you did. I needed to define my character in this way. That way when the question comes up in the future I'll have an answer.

Is there anything that people would like me to alter. Within reason that is. None of this is written in stone. Like I said I never took the time to write a bio. Also for the others who read my other post you will know. I was against rping a vampyre back in the day.

I thought I would write a couple stories and then go back to my other characters. As for Martin and the Coven. I never meant to offend anyone. I now see what you mean about being exclusive.
There are vampires everywhere.

But I also think that no matter how hard Martin tried to be exclusive. Cheers to him for trying. Someone else would have made a board or created a vampyre group without his permission. I remember after I left the Shrine that they tried to cry the specialty of Sith Vampyres.

Morg and a few others shot them down. Saying that they where not exclusive. I know that the Shrine played a large part in making them 'popular' Loved, Hated. LOL Their board is dead now. Heh I made a funny. So I wouldn't worry about them to much.

I have no animosity for the Shrine. I just look at it as the past best forgotten. I also don't feel that there was a grand plot to steal Martins ideas. We or they rped it differently and made our own board. The general feeling at the time. (Before he made his feeling known.) Was that he would be (honored, Impressed). I haven't seen Martin in about 10 months. But the next time I do I will offer him my apology.

Hey I have a conceited thought. After I left they went down hill. Ahh the power of missed punctuation. It draws them in every time. :p

Are there any other questions?

Redeemer
Dec 3rd, 2004, 11:10:13 AM
er....(points upwards) what he said! :lol

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 3rd, 2004, 07:29:25 PM
Are there any other questions?

Can I have your John Hancock (sp?) in the blood of your slewn foes please? ^_^

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 3rd, 2004, 07:39:40 PM
Well, Dalamar, it's your call on how you RP your character. As far as having a mentor/master here, I need to ask Silus how he'd feel about taking you on.

Oh, Silussssss :love

Miranda Dunleavy
Dec 3rd, 2004, 09:45:27 PM
beh.. lovey dovey stuff

:: broods ::

Vampyre Dalamar
Dec 3rd, 2004, 11:52:15 PM
Dalamar Former Lord of the Shrine of the Damned.
Warlord Dalamar Protector of the Eye of the Dragon.
Vampyre Dalamar Knight of the prestigious Kuklos Ataxia.

SIGNED IN BLOOD. LOVE AND KISSES TO ALL MY FANS!!!

You have my autograph, now can I have Redeemer.

:rolleyes

Nathanial K'cansce
Dec 4th, 2004, 12:35:51 AM
For a night, then mine. :p

Redeemer
Dec 4th, 2004, 01:21:21 AM
*raises an eyebrow*

'cuse me??

:grumble

:p

Gav Mortis
Dec 4th, 2004, 09:23:14 AM
As much as I appreciate the vampire(I refuse to adhere to that loathsome spelling with a 'y' and similarly magic with a 'k'! :mad) characters, I'm still hesitant about them to a degree which I hope you will understand and would prefer to consider each character on an individual basis rather than accept every vampire character or reject them collectively.

For example, even when I had Gav take on Raz as an apprentice, I knew she was a talented and mature roleplayer but was still worried about the fact that she is a vampire character. What I was so pleased by was while Raz is beautiful, seductive and sensual, these attributes are character based and not some fallacy gained through being a walking corpse. As long as the vampires are logical and pretty much adhere to what Salem posted, that being a vampire is merely an attribute to character, then I'm perfectly happy with that.

Somara Ave
Dec 4th, 2004, 09:58:45 AM
:hug Thanks Gav! I try, really I do.. LOL

In fact that is why I had Raz join the KA to begin with. She was becoming "only a vampyre" and in so doing was becoming no better than "the enemy". She needed to embrace her former Sithliness in a bad way.. LOL

As far as as vamps go, my ending statement is: If you aren't in the Cabal I don't care how you present yourself. Have the gift of shooting lightning out yer arse, if it ticles your fancy. :lol The Cabal will just carry on as we have, keeping things within believeable limits and not going overboard with our nature. Because it is after all Star Wars and not Anne Rice, which the Shriners forgot at their own peril.

(Oh and Gav, I'm going to give you the magick, and vampyre speech later. Better start mentally preparing yourself :p )

Salem Ave
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:03:42 PM
I don't really like the idea that being a vampire allows you to sustain more damage (like the stab to the throat you mentioned, Dalamar). But then as Raz says, that is a Cabal thing, soooo.

I refuse to adhere to that loathsome spelling with a 'y' and similarly magic with a 'k'!

Likewise :)

Gash
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:39:29 PM
The only possible reason to spell it 'Vampyre' is if you're burning one alive. Period.

...sorry. Canadian humour :P

Miranda Dunleavy
Dec 4th, 2004, 02:47:22 PM
(I refuse to adhere to that loathsome spelling with a 'y' and similarly magic with a 'k'! :mad )

I picked it up from Sorsha and it kinda stuck

:: shrug ::

Vampyre Dalamar
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:00:59 PM
Halo' Salem Hah! another 'Vampyre' wird!! Do you believe in Magik. He hums.

Salem I have long wondered what are you? Since questions are being asked. You look so different from the rest of us. Are you a vampire? They talk like you are, But you also slurr your words. Or is that hissing?

Gav Mortis hmnn I have heard of you. Jk
Cabal I still don't know what your strength and weaknesses are? Is there a bio or bios that I could read. Then maybe I could see how much different we are. You know something to compare Dalamar to.

Salem Ave
Dec 4th, 2004, 05:10:25 PM
Salem's way of speaking is something left over from his life before becoming a vampire :) It's a half-stutter, half-slurr... something a bit like how Gollum speaks. and yes, Salem is a vampire. The way he looks is also in part a consequence of how he looked before he was turned, as he wasn't what you would call a "normal" human then (I can't remember the name of his species...) ... changing into a vampire amplified his grotesque appearance a bit, unfortunately!

as for the strengths and weaknesses of the cabal.... scroll up a bit :p I posted a list

Kyashi
Dec 4th, 2004, 10:37:53 PM
Originally posted by Gash

...sorry. Canadian humour :P

*insulted*

I was hoping to get Kyashi into the Cabal, but I'm waiting on posts.

Gash
Dec 4th, 2004, 10:42:35 PM
No insult intended, Dae.

*is Canadian*

Razielle Shadana
Dec 5th, 2004, 09:33:55 AM
Originally posted by Kyashi
I was hoping to get Kyashi into the Cabal, but I'm waiting on posts.

I'm coming, just waiting for you guys to tell me when I'm needed :D

I don't really like the idea that being a vampire allows you to sustain more damage (like the stab to the throat you mentioned, Dalamar).

Exactly. It is in my humble opinion, moding and utterly unbelieveble. For example: Raz is about to be for lack of a better term "staked" by Lord Vali, through the shoulder - not the heart. Yes, she is going to be in a very dire situation. If not for the fact that she holds the rank of Vamp Master - she would die. She is going to, quite possibly, drink his blood. She is not going to have a miraculous recovery where wounds slide shut like a zipper. Its just...not how things are done.

OK PEOPLE! Spell it however you want, but for those who wonder why I do things my way here is a brief summary:

Vampire: cheesy Count Dracula's running amuck in taffeta capes and talking with overly done eastern euro accents, worthy of an Ed Wood movie. :x

Vampyre: traditional old Greek spelling Vrykolakas, look it up if you want :p , tis where I stole my "Y" from.

Magic: Rabbits in hats, more taffeta capes, and pigeon poop in your sleeves. Standard presitadigitation,sleight of hand or stage magic.

Magick: The addition of the K at the end of the C, not in place of it, mind you, denotes spellcraft, metaphysical studies, or in my case - a witch.

Sooooooo, there you have it ;) Not saying you should adopt the spellings or anything, just explaining why I, and others stick with them.

:lol ok I'm done now...

-creeps away..-

Kyashi
Dec 5th, 2004, 01:54:14 PM
Well, I'm not sure what Gav wants to do, and I've got nothing to do otherwise (besides, you know, laundry, homework, christmas present wrapping :lol). So, post if you want. Or dont. *shrug*

Somara Ave
Dec 5th, 2004, 06:29:32 PM
I don't want to throw off your groove =P

I'll wait till you guys tell me :)

Vampyre Dalamar
Dec 5th, 2004, 10:53:30 PM
Just to clarify. The wound to the throat would hurt and it wouldnt heal like a zipper. I would bleed like a stuck pig. Even that type of wound would kill me if left unchecked. I just meant that it wouldn't be fatal to me. As a sole source of attack.

I rp my character as dead not a race. To be dead just means I'm harder to kill not that I can't be. I can be hurt easily. It just takes a different approach with me that is all. Its the same if you where alien and your heart was in your stomach. A blow to the chest would not be fatal. Thats not where your heart is. Now stab him in the stomach and he's toast. In some ways Im like a Zombie. Just better looking, I hope:rolleyes.

I'm not regenerating limbs or anything. I Pretty much can be killed the same as anyone else. You just have to hack a little longer and try a little harder.

Butttt.... If you all think that is still over the top, just let me know and I can change it. Its not a big deal and not a major change for my character. If the majority of you feel that I'm moding in that be honest and say so. You wont hurt my feeling. If the general consesus is a yes, I will alter it. I want to be fair and accepted by the board. So I will nip and tuck where I can to make Dalamar a more acceptable Villian.

Thanks for the feedback. I wan't to know how people feel about things. All I have is the printed words to read what people feel and think.

Dalamar bows before the more experienced rpers.

Deep in his mind he marks the words of those around him for future meditation.

Silus Xilarian
Dec 6th, 2004, 09:22:25 PM
IMO Vampires are easier to fit into the Star Wars universe as a race, rather than the undead.

Of course, I tend to look at RP more scientifically.

Razielle Shadana
Dec 6th, 2004, 09:32:45 PM
I'm going with Silus on this one :)

Raz has been going after strains of blood for a while now, sorting out the differences, genetically speaking. But my humble opinion is still... do whatever floats yer tookus :)

just...not in the Cabal! :p

Vampyre Dalamar
Dec 6th, 2004, 09:45:30 PM
Okay since I have never written it down before it will have no effect on me really. So now I am a race. I am not undead. Actually the idea is growing on me. I prefer your way Raz.

So... that being said. I should fit more into the sw universe. Not that anyone will notice the difference. But you guys will know. Thanks for the imput. ;)

Silus Xilarian
Dec 7th, 2004, 04:35:56 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Well, Dalamar, it's your call on how you RP your character. As far as having a mentor/master here, I need to ask Silus how he'd feel about taking you on.

Oh, Silussssss :love

I dont think im well suited for the job, im afraid. Ld, we can discuss this next time you're around.