PDA

View Full Version : araMir

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 25th, 2004, 12:18:49 PM
http://p210.ezboard.com/baramir

This little board was started by Mylia/Jacali/Natia/someone/etc and they have told me that it is simply a planet in the SWFans galaxy, not a separate universe like TRF or TGC.

But they are using already claimed characters as sigs, and mucking things up in other ways, such as people are Jedi masters there that aren't at Swfans, etc...

I was going to have a talk with Mylia (board admin) about it, but I was wondering if it was worth getting them all worked up about?

Shawn
Nov 25th, 2004, 12:45:36 PM
Tell them that, if they don't adhere to stuff that's already established here, then they'll be considered an outside group like TGC or SWURP.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 25th, 2004, 01:44:37 PM
okay, that's what I was *going* to do, just wanted to double check.

An OOC note from Sw-Fans.Net Staff This is for the admins and mods of this board. I, and the SW-Fans.Net staff, was under the impression that this board was an alternate universe, like The Rebel Faction, or The Gungan Council. As such, it would not be subject to the rules governing Sw-Fans.

However, it was told to me that this board represents merely a planet/system in the Sw-Fans.Net galaxy, and as such is part of the Sw-Fans.Net universe. Things that happen here can and should effect Sw-Fans, and things at Sw-Fans should affect things here. As this is the case, character pics should remain the same. The fact that new characters start at the bottom and not as Jedi Masters would have to remain the same.

In short - this board should be governed by the same set of RPing rules as Sw-Fans, and if it is not this will be considered an alternate universe along the lines of The Gungan Council.

If you (the posters here) would like what happens here to affect your character at Sw-fans, and for this to be considered a group board, rules will have to be followed.
http://p210.ezboard.com/faramirfrm7.showMessage?topicID=22.topic

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 25th, 2004, 03:53:54 PM
http://p210.ezboard.com/faramirfrm7.showMessage?topicID=15.topic they even have their own separate "rules" thread. And a character database thread. oy vey

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 25th, 2004, 05:08:48 PM
AFAIK, it's a total seperate RPing "universe"... they just happen to be using the same character names/concepts/whatever as they do here

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 25th, 2004, 05:37:13 PM
that is bizarre :lol I mean if you're going to take that much time and energy to start another board and use the same ideas at the other board, why not put that energy here.

but that is just me :)

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 26th, 2004, 02:09:44 AM
I think they used the reason that Swfans has too many rules / is too complicated... and too busy o_O

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 26th, 2004, 04:39:57 AM
too... COMPLICATED!? HOW?! O_o

Mylia is throwing an impressive hissy fit over there now, and playing the "Swfans isn't fun" card. I... simply cannot respond to anything she's saying.

posted by Mylia in response to a thread about the history project at my board:
Well, I guess you can take this off Meras... if I knew still being affiliated with Fans would mean that I could not run my board how me and my mods want to run it, then we have no affiliation with Fans anymore. Like I said, I am sorry if this means that some people have to stop role playing with some of their characters.

waaaaah! :cry /:rolleyes

Shawn
Nov 26th, 2004, 07:59:12 AM
My response would be as follows:

If by "Run my board the way I want to", you mean "break the rules", then no, you can't.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 26th, 2004, 09:02:22 AM
The explanation for AraMir given to the History Project:
Established: October 17, 2004

Founding Members: Mylia Basque, Ridge Kincaid, Natia Telcontar, Shanaria/Eia Fabool.

History:

This is the Newest split off from SWFans. Due to it's young Age it does not have much history. Thought it was started (As Far as I know, You would have to ask Mylia) Just Because people wanted to get back to just the plain symple rules of common sence, and Mylia and Ridge wanted their own planet.

As of Yet the Board is still getting started, but with 30 members after only a month and over 800 posts under it's belt in the same amount of time, It looks as if AraMir and it's Jedi Temple are just picking up speed.

Sith on this planet are currently restricted to just two. Dark Lord Rivin, and Darth Shule(AKA. Je'gan), thought the sith will likely find a home on or near this world after the Jedi are more settled.

... and Mylia's answer to that?
Every thing is pretty much correct. Basically we just wanted our own planet. Fans was just getting too busy for us.

And so now that - by default due to their own given explanation - their parent board has told them to clean up their room, she posts what Holly quoted.

She's contradicting herself magnificiently.

Personally, if they're going to act in such an unreasonable manner, then fine - it's been fun having them around, and I wish them success in running their board.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 26th, 2004, 09:57:01 AM
They seem to be magnificently stupid.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 26th, 2004, 07:14:48 PM
They don't have Mark to hang around with anymore. :x

Morgan Evanar
Nov 26th, 2004, 10:31:02 PM
So they're following in his tradition: total disconnection from reality? They're consistent, I'll give them that.

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 2nd, 2004, 08:31:49 PM
originally posted by Ajorrah Gyndar
Well, all my chars are going to be gone from Fans here shortly, so I won't have to worry about it. It's too bad it had to be this way, perhaps we should have just kept quiet...

whaaaat

Too bad it had to be 'this way'? Your own decision, since you didn't want to play by the rules.

And I'm sorry, Quay, no one's going to miss Dr. Hayden Raynor from the GJO, I don't think. :rolleyes

Dasquian Belargic
Dec 3rd, 2004, 05:04:52 AM
Fans was just getting too busy for us.

Quay is partly responsible for that anyway :rolleyes since she has about a million characters of her own

Morgan Evanar
Dec 3rd, 2004, 02:59:08 PM
Soap Opera woman demands more respect!

Lilaena De'Ville
Dec 3rd, 2004, 03:23:01 PM
R-E-S-P-E-C-T!

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 25th, 2005, 02:07:33 AM
http://p210.ezboard.com/faramirfrm7.showMessage?topicID=33.topic - they posted up my/our Force specialization thread without giving anyone who wrote them credit for them. I have requested they put in our bylines, so that the people who put work into those will get credit for them.

Dasquian Belargic
Jan 25th, 2005, 08:20:27 AM
:rolleyes nice of them

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:05:18 AM
Yeah I thought so too. ^_^;

http://p210.ezboard.com/faramirfrm7.showMessage?topicID=42.topic my post concerning the matter.

edit: I'm sick of their attitude. Morgan suggested I simply report them, and so I did.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 26th, 2005, 02:10:32 PM
What jerks. They still haven't done it, even though they say it's been fixed.

edit: LOL I posted a second thread (they closed the first) about it to clarify my position and to re-assert why I thought they still hadn't fixed the problem... and they deleted it.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 26th, 2005, 05:46:45 PM
I really hate it when people behave like this.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 26th, 2005, 06:04:49 PM
Reading over that thread, it's nice to know that there's some support for giving credit. But that being said, I was really surprised by Cyrel's reaction. Whenever I talked with him, he'd always seemed really nice and understanding of whatever we were talking about. And as far as players dropping left and right, the only people I see leaving are that aramir group, and even then some of its' members are still very much active here.

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:16:04 PM
And it doesn't appear that Syren understood that I wasn't fingering Cyrel for plagurism, but the universal "you" of the board that he was defending.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 26th, 2005, 07:40:34 PM
It occurs to me, if they want nothing to do with the people here or Fans or whatever, they should be writing their own force guidelines, not ripping them from us - who, by their own admission, stifle their so-called creativity :|

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 26th, 2005, 09:35:46 PM
http://helpdesk.ezboard.com/index.php?_a=tickets&_m=listview&_i=ICD-34300 w00t

n/m they added the bylines... although they had to be GIVEN them, which irks me since I posted a link to the thread. *trembles with suppressed rage*

:p

Vega Van-Derveld
Jan 27th, 2005, 03:03:28 AM
It amuses me that they're harping on about Big Brother and the SWfans Staff Gestapo, when they themselves are locking down any thread they don't like the look of :rolleyes

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 27th, 2005, 10:01:42 AM
It has been suggested to me that since copyright infringement/plagurism is a banning offense that we consider this reason to get rid of Natia and Quay from sw-fans. :)

:( But they fixed it so I guess we can't..?

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Jan 27th, 2005, 10:19:31 AM
Maybe warn them about it?

Lilaena De'Ville
Jan 27th, 2005, 02:14:51 PM
haha they deleted all of the copied stuff :D

...or was it removed by ezboard? We'll never know.

Morgan Evanar
Jan 27th, 2005, 02:20:54 PM
Quite simply, if they give us any shit here, I think we should ban them.