PDA

View Full Version : A private empire

Leo Drechsler
Nov 22nd, 2004, 10:07:53 PM
"Perhaps so. Nonetheless, we can make it appear as though we have an interest in his new shipment."

The first thing to strike anyone meeting the man speaking was the refined air that pervaded a room upon his entry. The silken tounge and the mature, handsome face. His eyes were like looking at fiery brimstone, so much went on behind those shadowy portals that it was always impossible to truly read the man. His aide, Davl, nodded at the words of the older gentleman, noting everything his superior said in his mind. Datapads could be dangerous if they fell into the wrong hands.

Moff Leo Drechsler held his glass of cognac aloft, swilling it slightly before downing the drink and setting it upon the small ornate table separating the men in a swift motion.

"If Verger has any further questions, you will see to it that they are answered as I see fit, Dval."

Davl nodded, standing up. The days (somewhat shady) business had been completed, the shipment of a brand new and highly illegal spice was one of the many interests the Moff had running, which he had successfully kept hidden from Internal Intelligence. Until recently.

"Desaria's lackey's are quite the problem. If they stumble upon Verger . . .things would be complicated."

"Verger knows much, your Excellency." Muttered Dval.

"He does indeed." A glint twinkled in Drechsler's eyes, "With the situation now becoming more dangerous, we should see to our friend Verger."

"He is criminal filth. He would not be missed."

The Moff smiled at his underlings words, noting the distinct dislike Dval had for the underworld contact, Verger.

"You will see to it of course, Dval."

Dval bowed at the waist. Of course.

"I must meet with some benefactors, begone now. Put a tail on Verger, a good one."

Dval bowed again and took his leave with a solemn expression upon his indistinct features.

Drechsler turned to ponder the view from his chambers windows, the city of Ajal lay spread out below his palace, the capitol of Dorvalla. Stroking his beard, the Moff growled under his breath. He had worked many years to build his empire within an empire. Now, due to the failings of lesser men, all was threatened. He needed an escape strategy - but more then that, he wanted more.

More power. He had it in ample supply as a Moff, but yearned for a greater position - one not concerned with fighting distant wars and wasting countless credits on blasters and warships. Desaria and Anar were as fat as suckling pigs upon the bacta wealth, wealth that Drechsler would have - as soon as he dealt with this small inconvenience.

Leo Drechsler
Nov 27th, 2004, 10:12:30 AM
With a smile and wave, the financial backers of Drechslers latest construction project on Dorvalla left the art-deco chambers of the Moff. Drechsler stayed standing as the last man closed the door behind them, glass in hand. When their footsteps could finally be heard fading into the distance, Moff Drechsler sauntered over to his private comm system. He
tapped a control, releasing a small hand held device which he held up to his mouth.

"Get me Noren."

The comm clicked once, before it turned to static. Finally, the voice of a middle aged Elom sounded.

"Ahh your Excellency, to what do I owe this honor?"

"Enough of the Excellency, this is a secure channel."

"The question still stands." Noted the Elom Noren, a familar face to hundreds of Sector security officers. Known for extortion and kidnappings, the alien had made a large bundle of credits from his nefarious enterprises over the years, which, rumor had it, he would never show another being - keeping it safe in a durasteel safe.

Drechsler smiled at the Elom's forthrightness. "We have a problem. One of the couriers dealing with Kel Verger was captured. I haven't heard a thing from my sources, but I imagine that ImpInternal already know far more then I should like them too."

"This is bad news."Noren spat, his voice hardening.

"How perceptive of you, Noren. This means your hide you realize?"

"And yours, your Excellency." Noren reminded the Moff, no doubt already formulating a hundred and one escape strategies. "What do you suggest we do?"

"We cease all large transactions immediately. All off-world deals are now null and void." Drechsler said, his voice getting faster. "And do not, by any means, do not leave the planet. If you do it will merely shine the light of suspicion upon you."

The Elom sighed down the comm line, before clearing his throat and talking.

"Very well then. It will be done."

Moff Drechsler smiled genuinely for the first time in an hour and three quarters.

"Good. I shall see you anon, Noren."

Antoine Lavoisier
Dec 13th, 2004, 08:02:33 PM
The aging Fleet Admiral Lavoisier strode down one of the hundreds of seamless corridors cirss-crossing his ISD IV--Haakon Accompanying him were two other officers on his staff. Captain Irulan of the Zinsser, a wiry woman of average height and commander , and Captain Wright of the Paladin, a short, husky man with a pronounced Raltiiran draw; both a part of his small armada. The trio were currently in a discussion about the renewed civil war.

"....damned high command. Half our forces mobilizing and were stuck here baby-sitting a couple of useless fringe worlds."

Lavoisier weezed out a soft chuckle. This was Wright's first command and the young officer was just itching to join the fight. Irulan however has been with Lavoisier's battlegroup for nearly 2 months now.

"Wright, you're a frelling zealot you know that? Haven't you ever heard the phrase,'be careful what you wish for' ? When the republic finally gets their act in gear we're going to be hard pressed to hold em' off.

Lavoisier had been listening to the two bickering endlessly for the las t half an hour. The two were complete opposites and were beggining to be a nuisance.

I need to find a way to replace these two with my people.

"Will you two just Shut Up."

The pair froze in mid-argument. Niether of the two had expected a man double their age lash out at them like that, even if he was an Admiral.

"We'll do what we're oredered to do and nothing else." Casting a sharp glare at Wright, Lavoisier spoke with a chastising voice. "Rushing headlong into a conflict without regarding your own safety or the saftey of your crew is a sure-fire way to get yourself vaporized.

Behind him Irulan snickered at Wright's misfortune. Lavoiser spun to confront the other captain as well. "And you, pacifists and hesitance will get you into the exact same predicament."

Before he could go any futher the datapad at his waist toned. Still glaring at the two, Lavoisier detached the device, sparing glance at it long enough to now the message was encoded.

"Now excuse me children, I have pressing matters to attend to."

The gray-haired admiral left the fuming pair in his wake as he left for the privacy of his office.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He was already sinking into his favorite synthleather chair as the door to his private quarters sealed and locked. He rested his head against his right palm for a moment before toggling a secure line to his XO.

"Joel will you please arrange an accident to befall for friends, Captain Irulan and Captain Wrigh . The are becoming quite bothersome. Have them replaced with people from our organization."

"As the Admiral orders."

There was more than a slight hint of eagerness in Joel's voice.

And now to take care of other matters.

Lavoisier called up the encrypted message on his datapad and mentally calculated access codes. Minutes later, when done reading the message, Lavoisiers attiude had change from a bored, business-like mind-set to an annoyed and somewhat angry state.

Antoine double checked to make sure that the door was locked, and entered his own encryption codes into a small holo-trasmitter hidden in the wall next to his desk. The transmitter was directly linked to one other transmitter.

"Mr. Dreschler I have received some disturbing news from one of my sourcers. He says that Internal Security caught one of your couriers. If this is an example of how professional your men are, I will have to seroiusly reconsider our contract."

Leo Drechsler
Dec 13th, 2004, 09:20:06 PM
The transmission had caught Leo unawares, he had been preparing to get to bed - sleep was very important to the Moff, only a mind well rested could keep focused. Regardless of what the military types said. Speaking of which...

He turned toward the small viewscreen set into his desk, hearing the somewhat hasty words of Lavoisier. It took a little composure to prevent a sneer from breaking out across his face.

"My dear Antoine! Such harsh words?" Leo favored the Admiral with a toothy smile. "I assure you, this small problem is exactly that - small. Internal Security are a coup of mynocks. Quick and keen to latch onto a scandal, but quite easily thrown off the scent."

His voice was calm, modulated, though to the careful listener - an edge could be heard beneath the tranquil tone.