PDA

View Full Version : Dalamar Shrine drama whoohoo

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:02:30 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=695620#post695620

I closed his thread since it will start a flame fest but I dont blame him because of this thread at the shrine.

http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37351

I did not touch it since it is a group forum, but not sure how the staff would feel with an posted PM like that. I want Swfans to clear up the matter on the PM since it looks as if Alana may have removed part of the PM.. I am not sure.

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:06:48 PM
PMed Dalamar with this after Morgan moved the thread

Dalamar,

I am sorry to have to move your thread but it does not belong in OOC. It has been moved where the staff can read it and address the problems stated within. Also, I linked them to the thread started at the shrine to bring it to their attention and discuss what Swfans said to Alana in the PM etc...

if you wish to PM SWfans directly, please feel free to do so, otherwise I shall inform you of what occurs.

thank you,

Nav

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:15:50 PM
Navaria Tarkin wrote on Today 08:14 PM:
OOC is not for problems within groups. Period. Unforunately that thread started in the shrine cannot be touched because it is a group forum, at least until the situation is assessed.. The mods and admins are going to be reading both threads to figure things out and SWFans needs to comment on what was said to Alana in PM.

Until then, please be patient. Things will be sorted out once everyone has read both threads.

Vampyre Dalamar wrote on Today 08:08 PM:

Navaria Tarkin wrote on Today 06:06 PM:
Dalamar,

I am sorry to have to move your thread but it does not belong in OOC. It has been moved where the staff can read it and address the problems stated within. Also, I linked them to the thread started at the shrine to bring it to their attention and discuss what Swfans said to Alana in the PM etc...

if you wish to PM SWfans directly, please feel free to do so, otherwise I shall inform you of what occurs.

thank you,

Nav
But in doing that they only see one side and It looks like what there saying is true. Unless your saying you linked it together. But now only one side is seen. Is that what your saying?

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:25:25 PM
since I promised to post this for him

Can you at least let her see the post. I have enough trouble with them without them thinking im trying to buy her board. just pm her with the post. Also could you let them know that I made a formal request for my own board months ago. I think you should know about that but not sure. This at least could be done so that she doesn't think Im attacking her board. Thanks for any help Dal..

Darth Viscera
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:31:48 PM
hoo, I just got a PM from Dalamar.

Vampyre Dalamar @ 09:15:58 PM:
I know you read what happened. So what do you think Did I do it wrong? I thought I made it clear that I wanted the empty space. How else do you go about it? Didn't I do it properly?

He might as well be speaking in goose latin.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:35:39 PM
quote]Can you at least let her see the post. I have enough trouble with them without them thinking im trying to buy her board. just pm her with the post. Also could you let them know that I made a formal request for my own board months ago. I think you should know about that but not sure. This at least could be done so that she doesn't think Im attacking her board. Thanks for any help Dal..[/quote]I don't remeber a formal request ......hmmmmmm, maybe there was one, but I ignored it seeing who made it.

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 22nd, 2004, 09:22:01 PM
:: sighs ::

dalamar of course PMed me, how ever patient he is, heh.. and wanted to know if the final stance is what was posted in the shrine.

Shall I say yes and direct him to you Ogies for anymore issues

Darth Viscera
Nov 22nd, 2004, 09:32:51 PM
I just got another PM from dalamar. I still haven't responded to his first PM.

Vampyre Dalamar @ 10:27:41 PM:
Hello again.
Navaria said that the mods where going to discuss this. Are they done or swfans post the last word on this situation. I have no way to defend myself as Navaria took my ooc post out. How can I tell my side if they can post and I cant. Also can you ban Lord Gangrel, Soth and Alana from Vampyre Dalamar so that I cant see them. I tried it long ago and found out I couldnt unsee Alana because she was a Mod. I dont want any more Drama with these people. Any help would be appreciated Thank you.

TheHolo.Net
Nov 22nd, 2004, 09:36:59 PM
He wants to add them to his ignore list. It can't be done, they are mods and the ignore policy is not changing because of his BS. He needs to physically ignore them.

Frankly I see no reason for him to defend himself. He said what he said and has to own up to it IMO.

If he doesn't make an issue of it, hardly anyone will even know its happening seeing that the Shrine is probably only read by only a handful of people.

Plus. I have responded to a PM he sent me, more information on the PM exchange will come after the exchange is closer to over and I post it here.

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 22nd, 2004, 09:38:28 PM
allrighty... shall let you handle it then since me PMing is pointless :)

TheHolo.Net
Nov 22nd, 2004, 09:57:00 PM
Here is a related exchange with Alana that has now ended:
Alana Stormcloud wrote on Today 08:28:34 PM:

Vampyre Dalamar wrote on Today 06:36 PM:

Alana Stormcloud wrote on Today 08:43 AM:
Next weekends mine so im gonna need two checks one dated for this weekend and one dated for next weekend on the 23rd ...please dont forget the pic money I will bring your set tonight......

always Holli Frye

Holli I was not trying to buy the Shrine but the empty space that the Shrine was going to become in a month. I spoke to them months ago about starting my own board. I dont want the Shrine. Just the space that was going to expire read the post. I was going to call it Crimson Veil. I have people that wanted to join Khendon, Silvo, Kelt, Saharia and some others. My only question was did I have to contact Martin to buy the space or them. Thats it. Period. Read the post. I dont want the Shrine its yours and Soths with Maras Design. Dont want it never did. Tell my kids I love them and leave me alone. always something going on. WHy swfans felt the need to send you my pm I dont understand. As for why Jay is there you know why just as well as I do.
I will have u know it wont be an empty space ever so you leave me alone. If you want your own spot buy it and petition for it stay away from me and the Shrine YOU leave ME alone. Quit sending me pm's or i will have u reported for harassment. Consider this a warning oh and no more trying to infiltrate I am a mod there remember I can find u out. and its my board and Martins I will see you in hell before u touch it.....

Oger I wanted you to see this pm from Travis aka Dalamar to me and my warning to him not to pm me anymore. I read both of your posts in the Shrine and I apperciate your clarification on the matter. However knowing him it will not end, and as you see he rearranged the statement to suit himself. I have tried to distance myself from him and he continues to harrass. Can you please warn him and tell him to leave me and the Shrine alone, that its not up for dibs. also him making new char and trying to join then deleteing the posts when he is found out is not permitted and its underhanded... Thank you for your help and once again I am sorry for the drama going on.... :(

always Holli/ Alana

SWFans.Net wrote on Today 08:42:54 PM:
The warning has been issued.

Alana Stormcloud wrote on Today 08:45:25 PM:
thank you it is Very apperciated

TheHolo.Net
Nov 22nd, 2004, 10:09:01 PM
Here is the warning I issued and Dalamar's response PM exchange:
SWFans.Net wrote on Today 07:42 PM:
This is a formal warning, if not heeded administrative disciplinary action will be taken:

Please refrain from sending any more PMs to Alana. Harrassment is in the FAQ as not being acceptable.

SWFans.Net wrote on Today 08:50:47 PM:

Vampyre Dalamar wrote on Today 08:45:51 PM:
I just tried to explain to her. Why can they openly attack me and I have no recourse to say my side. I understand what you are saying lock me out from pming her. I have no problem with that.
I cannnot lock individuals out from PMing one another. Just ignore any you recieve and delete them

TheHolo.Net
Nov 22nd, 2004, 10:44:41 PM
Here is my entire PM exchange with Dalamar up to this point. I hope its over now since I am off to go sleep. I have to be up for wok in about 4.5 hours.
Vampyre Dalamar wrote on Today 08:12:25 PM:
Im sorry for any misunderstanding but the fact that you made public that was meant to be private slanders me. My ooc post shows my side. Is this your final word on this? WHy didnt you simply ask me. You know that I tried to get my own board going. My question was in regards to the Shrine ceasing to exist in the next month when the new year starts and the dues where not paid. The question to you was if its was okay. Then do I talk to Martin to buy the soon to be empty space that was the Shrine or talk to someone else. Remember you told me long ago that there would be no new board added. I dont want the Shrine. It was Alana and Soths Idea with Mara Design. I only was asking about the soon to be vacated space. IT says that in my pm. Im sorry if it was misleading. I have enough trouble with my x without this added drama.

Also I dont understand how you can be impartial in this. (I have no recourse to defend my side.) I did an ooc but was told that it was not allowed. You knew that me and Kelt, Khendon, Silvo, Saharia, and others where trying to get a board. With that 'one' pm only you make it look like it was a grab for the Shrine. You also know that I made a request for a board months ago. Lastly If I did it wrong Im sorry. I made a request for the board space only. Vega also knew about it. It wasnt done in secret also Vega knew about it as we also invited her to join..

SWFans.Net wrote on Today 07:30 PM:
Honestly I do not recall your making a request for a forum in the past. I do recall Kelt making a request at Meras once but I spoke with Vega about it and thought that had been taken care of.

As for the Shrine status, and "empty space"; Forum dues are not overdue until mid year, not December. Jumping to the gun saying their dues would not be paid before they were due is a little presuptious no?

I'm sorry if allowing that PM to be posted puts you in an unfavorable light, but they were your exact words and people are free to take them as they choose to. They are not required to see them as I did.

I did not intend for Alana to post your PM in a public forum at the Shrine, and hinted that she post it in a private forum, but I was not specific enough and for that I am sorry.

If a formal request was made for a forum and I overlooked it, I apologize, as such I will say what my response would have been had I gotten one, and responded to it.

A group Forum at Fans requires that an annual fee of $50 be paid, the prerequisites for a group forum at Fans that appears on the main forum index are as follows:

Said group must be comprised of at least ten unique members each with no less than 50 Role Play posts on SWFans.Net forums.

Vampyre Dalamar wrote on Today 08:42:12 PM:
Having said that could you take my ooc post. post it and show both sides. As it is I am left without any recourse to defend myself. I will leave this in your hands. It slanders me if left alone standing like it is. Because without the knowledge the I made a board request in the past it looks like Im going for the Shrine. Any thing that you can do to clear the air would be appreciated. Remember all they see is whats posted. Its one sided and my seeming silence is almost as bad as admitting thats what I was up to. Now that you know more about the situation could you please help. I have enuff drama with my x. As for what I said about Gangrel it is 100% true as far as I'm concerned I did not lie. I didn't slander him to anyone but to you the moderator. Also what I asked was just watch and see. It wasn't an open slam. I have never seen you take a pm and make it public. I am hurt really that you would do so. It hurts my trust in the system that declares itself impartial. Thank you for all your help Travis.

SWFans.Net wrote on Today 07:49 PM:
Here is what I will do. Write a post stating your position as clearly and comprehensively as possible, may I suggest breaking it into paragraphs as well, which explains your position and I will post it in the thread on your behalf as your side of the story and then I will request the thread be closed. It is not my forum so I cannot close the thread myself nor can I say that no responses be posted to it or even if it will be closed for sure. Let me also say that it cannot be inflamitory to any individual. It must conform to the SWFans FAQ or it will not be posted.

Vampyre Dalamar wrote on Today 08:51:41 PM:
I did an ooc that Navaria moved is that acceptable as a responce? Ohh and Thank you for your help. If it is acceptable you can send it to me and Ill clean it up if need be. Again Thanks.

SWFans.Net wrote on Today 07:55 PM:
Here is the copy:
Originally posted by Vampyre Dalamar
About 4 or 5 months ago me and Kelt where trying to create a new board called the Crimson Veil. I do not want the Shrine Me and Kelt spoke to swfans who at that time said that there was no new board joining at this time. I was asking about the space of the Shrine. As its dues are coming up at the end the year and didn't think Martin was interested in coming back since his long absence. I was going to buy the space only. For my own board the Crimson Veil not the Shrine of the Damned. I was speaking to him about starting my own board. The same thing that was spoken about before. Leaving out that part of the conversation makes it look like a grab for the shrine. I think this is unfair of Swfans also to send a private message I sent to him. He is suppose to be impartial. I was not jumping the gun but trying to go thru proper channels and was asking if I had to deal with Martin aka Saurron to do it or just wait for the place to cease to exist. It clearly says crimson veil in the pm. NOt the Shrine.

I breifly spoke to Mark aka Mockadane about opening my own board. SWfans knows this also and should clear the air on this. Khendon, Kelt, Silvo and a few others where interested in making a Sith Board.

Saharia also knows about this as does Vega. IT was not a secret idea but something that I discussed openly. I repeat I was only looking to buy the empty space that the Shrine was going to become not what it is now. It could never be mine it was Mara design, Alana and Soths idea and I helped very little. I dont want there board. Never did.

Vampyre Dalamar wrote on Today 09:15:32 PM:
About 4 or 5 months ago Kelt and me where trying to create a new board called the Crimson Veil. I don’t want the Shrine. We spoke to swfans who at that time. He said that there wasn’t going to any new boards joining at this time. I was asking about the space of the Shrine. As its dues are coming up at the end the year and didn't think Martin was interested in coming back since his long absence. I was going to buy the space only. For my own board the Crimson Veil not the Shrine of the Damned. I was speaking to him about starting my own board. The same thing that I spoke to him about before. Leaving out that pm in the past. Makes this look like a grab for the shrine. I think this is unfair of Swfans also to send a private message I sent to him. He is suppose to be impartial. I was not jumping the gun but trying to go thru proper channels and was asking if I had to deal with Martin aka Saurron to do it. That or just wait for the place to cease to exist. It clearly says crimson veil in the pm. NOT the Shrine.

I briefly spoke to Vega and Mockadane about opening my own board. SWfans now knows this also. He is posting my response for me clear the air on this. Khendon, Kelt, Silvo and a few others where interested in making a Sith Board. You can Pm any one of these people to verify this.

Saharia also knows about this. IT was not a secret idea but something that I discussed openly. I repeat I was only looking to buy the empty space that the Shrine was going to become not what it is now. It could never be mine it was Mara design, Alana and Soths idea and I helped very little. I dont want there board. Never did. I thank swfans for helping me clear up this misunderstanding.

P.S. This is a great place to rp and have fun I only want it to stay that way. I have nothing further to say about this. I know more will be said but my side has been stated and again I thank the mods for allowing me my say.

Thank you, Dalamar:)

SWFans.Net wrote on Today 08:34 PM:
Posted.

Vampyre Dalamar wrote on Today 09:43:40 PM:
Thank you.I will copy the shrine thread to this forum and lock it so that an accurate record can be kept and no posts are modified and/or deleted up to this point.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 23rd, 2004, 05:13:26 AM
Why is it that the only time the Shrine show up is to bad mouth Dalamar? :rolleyes I'm not his biggest fan, but that seems to be their only contribution to the board, rallying together to belittle him.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 23rd, 2004, 09:25:17 PM
Tell my kids I love them and leave me alone.

This makes me cry. And I agree with Vega - I hate the Shrine and I am tending towards Dalamar's side on this one, but not only because I hate the Shrine.

I do remember Kelt and Dalamar trying to start their own group, about the same time as the Krath, or the Cabal, and they were turned down, as Ogre did not want to add more subforums to the main board. The Krath and Cabal ended up at Meras, but I think that Dalamar was turned down there as well, not sure why.

He unfortunately has the habit of mangling his posts, and it makes it really hard to decipher what he's actually saying, which often/always leads to confusion.

The Shrine has been dead space for MONTHS. They show up now in a sudden show of comraderie simply because of Dalamar wanting to take the space that would be created if and when the Shrine was deleted for non-payment. I call bull shit and I also personally wish Alana and her fucking new boyfriend would leave the boards.

I dislike Dalamar's RP, but I feel that he is at least a semi-decent person, unlike Alana and co.