PDA

View Full Version : Graphic Request + Bandwidth Offer.

Karthon Vanar
Nov 18th, 2004, 10:42:12 AM
I was playing around with my sig yesterday trying to get a decent one and I realized something. I have about 6 months of thirty gigs bandwidth a month, not doing anything at my old, now dead website. I'll probably extend the service again just incase I ever do anything with it.

If anyone wants any sigs or pictures hosting there for use in the forums, just post here as it might as well go to a decent cause :) Its reliable for 6 months but after that I can't promise anything.

Now to my question, can anyone recommend a decent software package to do signatures. I have seen some really excellent artwork here but I'm only using psp 6 so I'm limited in what I can do.

Its about time I bought some better graphics software. So if anyone's got any idea's on what's good at the moment, I would appreciate any advice.

Shanaria Fabool
Nov 18th, 2004, 12:06:46 PM
I'm using PSP 8 and I like what it can do, though most people here are using some version of Photoshop, at least I think they are.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 18th, 2004, 02:14:55 PM
<3 Adobe. Photoshop CS is a cleaner version of 7 and has some very nice text features 7 lacked.

Lady Vader
Nov 18th, 2004, 06:21:05 PM
Most ppl here I think use PhotoShop

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:21:57 PM
You mean, you need to buy it. Don't talk about piracy on these boards please.

Karthon Vanar
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:19:10 AM
Thanks for the advice. I'll look into Photoshop CS and psp 8 to see which one would be preferable.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 19th, 2004, 09:32:21 AM
I would also say go with CS. I can't fault it. :love

Oriadin
Nov 19th, 2004, 10:24:01 AM
I can only agree with what everone else has said. Photoshop is simply awsom. You can download a demo version of CS for PC and MAC although, unless you have broadband its gonna take forever and a day since it weighs in at 152Mb.

http://www.adobe.com/products/tryadobe/main.jsp#product=39

Karthon Vanar
Nov 20th, 2004, 10:47:08 AM
I will have broadband one day...

I ordered it two weeks ago, when they finally put it within reach of my current address. Though between the extension cable problems and the telephone companies mistakes i'm still waiting for it. :\

I will keep the thread bookmarked mark till then, hopefully i'll get it early next week, thanks for the link.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 20th, 2004, 03:03:37 PM
Just start calling and bothering them - grease the wheels, so to speak. Don't let them take their sweet time, cause then it'll never get done. When I first moved to my house, I called everywhere only to find out that no one offered cable to where I live because it was so far out in the boonies. Of course, as soon as I got a flyer for cable internet, I was on the phone and shoving the fact that I was very much within service limits in the company's face.

And just to give you an idea of how out of the way I am, according to Mapquest and RanMcNally, My home doesn't exist. Yahoo is the only service I've found that does acknowledge that I do, indeed, live in this country.

Karthon Vanar
Nov 20th, 2004, 04:43:33 PM
Yeah I was on the phone again today for about an hour. It won't be physically sorted out till Monday. The Phone Company won't work weekends I guess. I wouldn't mind but it'll mean paying a largely redundant month's subscription to dial up soon if they don't sort it out.

It's the usual, Provider blaming the Phone Company, who then blame the provider etc. When I get on the phone I blame everyone ;)

Yes its annoying not being able to find your home town online. Though I think you'd have a harder time finding where I am living at the moment – Bottesford, England on a map :) Its taken me 12 years of dial up and three different apartments to finally get to broadband!