PDA

View Full Version : Making Worse Movies???

darth_mcbain
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:22:07 PM
http://www.datelinehollywood.com/showarticle.php?articleID=340

When I first saw this I thought it was a joke... That is so ridiculous that these studios are actually pursuing legal action. I guess you can't be successful in your industry without someone trying to take you down, but their argument is ludicrous. Okay, fine - not every movie is going to be a winner, but I think it is fair to say that these other studios can start stepping up to the plate and trying a little harder. I guess for these other studios, mediocrity is the name of the game... :rolleyes

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:27:18 PM
I think that is a joke just the argument they are making sounds like a pardoy. Plus I have never heard of that site they don't seem to be mainstream.

darth_mcbain
Nov 17th, 2004, 08:45:24 PM
Well - hopefully it is... The whole thing just sounded so laughable to me...

Cyrel Annat
Nov 17th, 2004, 08:51:17 PM
In a day and age where a man can break into someone's home with intent on stealing from them, hurt himself in the process and then sue and WIN the lawsuit, something of this nature should not surprise anyone.

Figrin D'an
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:03:57 PM
uh... from the looks of some of the other headlines/stories on there, my guess is it's a satire site guys.

Dan the Man
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:17:33 PM
I think its a much worse sign of the times that adults can no longer pick up blatant satire ;)

Nathanial K'cansce
Nov 17th, 2004, 10:25:56 PM
Oh man, that was a good laugh.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 17th, 2004, 10:36:11 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an
uh... from the looks of some of the other headlines/stories on there, my guess is it's a satire site guys.

Originally posted by Dan the Man
I think its a much worse sign of the times that adults can no longer pick up blatant satire ;)

Originally posted by Nathanial K'cansce
Oh man, that was a good laugh.
Ditto ditto, yes quite obviously a fake, but hilarious. :lol

JMK
Nov 18th, 2004, 07:44:54 AM
:lol Great stuff!

darth_mcbain
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:20:45 AM
You know - as I was reading it the first time, I was totally like "this has gotta be a gag", but as Cyrel was pointing out - in this day and age anything goes as far as lawsuits are concerned. The more I think about it, it has gotta be a gag - especially based on that last paragraph

The complaint asks that a court award the eight studios $1 billion in damages or compel Pixar to hire 118 unqualified development executives, option the rights to 38 scripts and books it has no intention of turning into films, and immediately greenlight sequels to “Toy Story” and “Finding Nemo” with $100 million-plus budgets and hire directors whose only experience is in music videos to oversee them.

LOL :lol

Mu Satach
Nov 18th, 2004, 02:29:39 PM
printer-antagonistic version :D

Hart
Nov 22nd, 2004, 03:52:52 PM
Yeah, it's a satire site.