PDA

View Full Version : RotS Promo Campaign from Burger King

JMK
Nov 17th, 2004, 01:23:33 PM
Very reminiscent of the campaign done by Pizza Hut, KFC and Taco Bell for TPM.

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/index.shtml#25246

There could be what some consider spoilers in this link so be warned.

I'm going to try and pick up as many as I can, same as with TPM, but this time I'll try to steer clear of the food.

Dae Jinn
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:33:18 PM
Damn, why did I have to quit working at BK?!?!?!

Oh wait...cos my boss was a jerk and it was hell working there....:)

JMK, ask if you can buy the promo set of them. Each store recieves one complete set of the toys (My boss used to through them out :lol) so maybe you can snag one of them.

omg, I want the Jawa plushie XD

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 18th, 2004, 03:43:51 AM
How adorable!! I hope this is a worldwide thing :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 19th, 2004, 02:51:51 AM
Article has been removed. :(

JMK
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:42:55 AM
Oh man!

I had saved the jpg but I got rid of it. Damn. :(

Jedieb
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:40:51 PM
The TPM KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut toy promos was one of the biggest flops in movie merchandising history. Like the sadist that I am, I dragged my sorry butt all over Roanoke to get every single one of those damn things. My intestines are just now recovering from the ordeal. I only had to go on the net to pick up the sparking Death Star that was quickly recalled because some nimrod thought it coult set a family on fire. It was all for naught. Not because they weren't cool items, some of the toys and cups looked great, but not a single one of them has been hard to find in the years since. I could have picked up the whole set on ebay for a fraction of the money I spent on gas and bad food.

The good news is that Star Wars is returning to BK. The vintage BK SW glasses are some of my favorite collectibles. I wish this new promotion would feature cups as well. There are some good looking items in there. It will be a huge break to only have 1 fast food place to have to deal with. But like before, these will probably items that will be easy to score on ebay later in the year so don't kill yourself trying to track them down.

I don't know what the details are on the final item are, but it looks to be the highlight of the set. It's a Anakin/Vader transformation toy that's sure to please geeks everywhere. I can't wait!

Dae Jinn
Nov 21st, 2004, 07:47:27 PM
Originally posted by Jedieb
The vintage BK SW glasses are some of my favorite collectibles. I wish this new promotion would feature cups as well.

Are those the glass ones for ROTJ? I found one at a yard-sale for a quarter. I just wish there were more BK's in my town - we only have one.

JMK
Nov 22nd, 2004, 02:35:15 PM
BK's are also hard to find here as well. The closest one to me is about 20 minutes away, the others are all downtown.

The more I think about where I'll have to go to get them, and like Eb said, that they will be on ebay soon enough for pennies, I may not go out and get any. Besides, I'm fresh out of room to store stuff. :(