PDA

View Full Version : A celebration is in order! [open]

Aaron Belargic
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:06:56 PM
It had been mere months ago when the brothers Belargic had left Coruscant for the Hallaeran system, but to Aaron it felt like years. Though there trip to their home world was meant for little more than sight seeing, the trio had become entangled in a bitter conflict that had been waging on the forest-world for the better part of a hundred years. In the valley of the river Lyne, the clans of the north met the clans of the south, blades brandished. Divided initially (as far as Aaron could tell) by little more than their physical appearance, their anger towards one another had escalated into full-blown war.

The north, lead by the charismatic young noble Tarfeniel, made their homes in the ruins of the once glorious city of Bel-Jihar. The south, under the command of the black prince Geld, dwelt in subterranean caverns. It was the latter of whom that Dasquian Belargic had encountered on his first journey to the planet, some years prior. Their apparent exile had changed the raven-haired clans of Maenark, Iriark and Leinark beyond recognition. No longer graceful, regal things, they were more monsters than men.

It was these perversions of humanity that Dasquian, William and Aaron had fought. From the forests and valleys, to the Yanwë bridge where the brothers father and mother had courted centuries ago, the fight seemed ceaseless. Called away to Coruscant by Council matters, Dasquian had left the dispute in the capable hands of his nearest and dearest. Though many lives were lost, the fighting finally came to an end.

With their help, Tarfaniel and what remained of the bloodlines of clan Paneric, Tyric and Belargic, was able to quell the uprising. Though the southern peoples refused to fall under the rule of those they claimed had oppressed them for aeons untold, they did agree to cease their assaults upon Bel-Jihar.

While William departed, Aaron remained in the court for some time. It was in his best interests, he thought, to stay a while and ensure that the slightest spark didn’t cause another outburst. He was pleasantly surprised to find that it did not, and although the two factions would quite probably never solve their differences, they were able to co-exist without too much difficulty.

Finally, now, he was home. Though he had often pined for the vast green vistas of the home he had not known, he wouldn’t have traded Coruscant for any amount of rolling hills and bubbling brooks. Although his brother may not have been completely at ease in the concrete jungle, he couldn’t live with out it, and was more than thrilled to be back in the hustle-bustle atmosphere of Yog’s Bar and Grill. The sights, the sounds, the smells- all of it brought back such happy memories. He had not even taken the time to drop his travelling bag off in his room since returning, yet in spite of looking a royal mess he had never felt better.

Time in the Hallaeran sun had left him with tanned and a new sense of motivation and energy, a feeling that he hadn’t felt in some time. A celebration is in order, he thought to himself, smiling to himself as he stepped up to the counter. The familiar face of the tender made his smile grow, as the man inquired as to what had kept Aaron away for so long (“Hope it wasn’t the food, Master Belargic!”). He waved away the question, explaining that it was a story for another time, before ordering himself a tall, commemorative glass of Corellian ale.

James Prent
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:38:28 PM
[from <a href=http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=694328#post694328>here</a>]

Flustered, James was heading to the door, leaving behind a very surprised Oriadin, when she stumbled over her feet and bumped into a man at the bar.

Flushing even redder than before, she straightened herself up using his shoulder, mumbling apologies. "Excuse me, I'm sorry..." Not even looking at who it was, she started for the door again.

Aaron Belargic
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:54:24 PM
Having just turned away from the counter, Aaron was hard-pressed to stop himself from spilling the contest of his glass across the bar floor. Through sheer luck, he managed to avoid dribbling even a drop. While laughing at his own inelegance, he watched with dawning recognition and confusion, rolled into one. The person who had almost lost him his ale was none other than James Prent! It had been a good while since they’d spoken, and he was eager to catch up. His eyes shifted beyond her, to the bemused face of the Knight Oriadin, who shrugged a puzzled shrug in Aaron’s direction. The Padawan turned back, to see that his friend appeared to be in quite the hurry to get out the door. His travel pack hit the floor with a sound clump, and he set the mug of ale down on the bar behind him.

“James! Why the rush? Stay for a round or two!”

Somehow, his smile had managed to grow.

James Prent
Nov 15th, 2004, 05:21:54 PM
"James! Why the rush? Stay for a round or two!"

Startled at the voice, James turned to see Aaron Belargic grinning like a ninny and waving her back to the bar. She smoothed her tunic unconsciously as she slowly walked back towards him. "Aaron... it's been a while." The blush filtered out of her face until just two spots remained in her cheeks.

And then, to her surprise and his, she burst into tears.

Jak Prent
Nov 16th, 2004, 12:03:04 AM
"Keep it down, lady. Some of us are trying to work here."

Jak muttered, taking a hefty gulp of ale before setting his mug at the nearby table. In the meantime, he was deadlocked in a heated game of magneto-darts with an Aqualish navigator. As usual, he'd let his mouth run fast and loose, and it was time to pay the occasional bill. So far, he'd managed to impress the alien enough to keep him from pressing his luck, and enough for Jak to win the week's ends with this next...

"HAHA, yes!"

Cinching the match with a double points shot, Jak wheeled around, clenching a curled fist in victory as he reached for his beer again. The Aqualish growled reluctantly, shoulders slumping. It only fed the kid's ego.

"Hey, you knew what you were getting into. Is my hand hot, or is it hot? Why don't we shake on that?"

He offered his hand to the Aqualish. When the alien reached for it, he withdrew it at the last moment.

"Whoa! Can't let you do that to yourself. Its much too hot, you'll get burned...oh wait!"

Sidling over to his seat, Jak quickly counted the credits on the table.

"I can't talk you down, man. You're money's always good with me."

Having enough, the disgruntled Aqualish decided to part ways while he still had a shirt on his back. He'd been thoroughly hustled.

Aaron Belargic
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:55:42 AM
Even with all the powers of foresight in the world, Aaron doubted he would have predicted this reaction. The sound of some shout elsewhere in the bar went all but unheard by the Padawan, as he reached out to embrace James’ trembling form. Already the sound of her sobs had drawn many a curious eye to the pair. Stroking one hand through her hair, Aaron spoke in a quiet and concerned voice. “Hey, hey, now… what’s the matter?”

James Prent
Nov 16th, 2004, 12:13:00 PM
Aaron folded her into his arms, and was speaking so kindly to her. James wanted to pour her heart out to him, but instead concentrated on controlling her tears and quieting herself. The unexpectedness of seeing his friendly face and voice had brought to the surface... everything.

His hand was stroking her hair, and she mumbled against his chest, "I - I want t' tell you. But -" and she sniffed loudly. "But -" She'd made a damp spot on the front of his clothes. James pulled away from his arms, standing in front of him and looking up. "I'm sorry - you looked so happy before, an' now I've ruined it."

Oriadin
Nov 17th, 2004, 03:07:08 AM
Oriadin sat bewildered as James made for the door. He caught Aaron glance over to him as she bumped into him and so he shrugged a 'I dont know' look back towards him. He sat there for a few moments and then saw James burst into tears. He lept to his feet and looked over with a concerned look.

"What can I do about it..." he said alowed. He looked about to see if anyone had heard him talk to himself. When he was reasonably satisfied he was in the clear, he sat back down. Oriadin felt useless and he felt that recently he could do nothing right. He wanted to go to James and appologise. Make sure she was ok. Instead, he found himself sitting back down and ordering himself a very stiff drink.

Aaron Belargic
Nov 19th, 2004, 07:53:17 AM
“Nonsense! If anything, I’m happier now for seeing you than I was before. Come on; let’s sit down, shall we? Tell me what’s got you in such a fluster.” This said, Aaron gave a reassuring smile and, giving James a gentle squeeze on the shoulder, motioned back into the restaurant proper.

James Prent
Nov 25th, 2004, 02:33:28 AM
James hesitated, and hung back. "I'd like t' tell you..." Her lips trembled again as she thought about her terrible news, but she carefully relaxed and brought her mind back to calmness.

With a gentle tug, the Knight pulled Aaron back towards her, and she stood on her tiptoes to whisper in his ear. Aaron bent forwards to listen, and she told him what was wrong. What Master D'an had discovered, and told her. The reason why she was going to leave Coruscant.

Aaron Belargic
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:20:04 PM
Aaron was not quite sure how to react at first. He understood what James had said, but couldn’t fathom what the repercussions, of such a thing being true, could be. He wanted to say something reassuring, that would ease some of her distress, but no words of wisdom sprung to mind. There was, Aaron thought, little that could be said to console someone in James’ situation.

“I’m sorry.” Speechless, and feeling more than inadequate, Aaron sighed. “Have you told the Council? What did they say?”

James Prent
Nov 29th, 2004, 05:11:25 PM
She hesitated, and then shook her head. "Master D'an was th' one who discovered the connection. He's counseled me a little since we got back from Duros. I - I've decided to ask the Council's permission to take a trip to Yavin IV before I take my first padawan - oh."

James colored slightly, "I was promoted to knight while you were away, too. But this... this thing now..." She sighed heavily. "Pierce Tondry won't even look at me."

Aaron Belargic
Dec 9th, 2004, 03:04:05 AM
“I wouldn’t worry about Pierce, James… I am sure he will come to understand, with time. That aside…” Aaron’s face lit up and he beamed a smile. In the eyes of both of the Belargic brothers, James’ promotion had been a long time coming. “Congratulations.”

Then, with a little hint of anxiety in his voice, he asked, “How long do you mean to stay on Yavin IV?”

James Prent
Dec 9th, 2004, 02:35:57 PM
She shrugged her slim shoulders, and then winced a little and grabbed her right shoulder. "I'm not sure yet. Maybe as little time as a month, maybe more." James kneaded out the kink in her shoulder that time in the bacta tank hadn't gotten rid of. The MD droid had told her it would simply take time for the healing to be completed.

Aaron Belargic
Dec 11th, 2004, 12:22:20 PM
The last thing James needed right now, Aaron rationalized, was to be under a lot of pressure or stress, so Yavin was a logical choice for a retreat. Many Jedi had taken to traveling there for training excursions, as it was a welcome change from city life. Though Aaron too had technically just returned from a vacation, he hadn’t had much time to relax. “I don’t suppose you’d like some company while you’re there?” he offered. Perhaps he could ease her troubles some, if solitude wasn’t what she wanted.

James Prent
Dec 11th, 2004, 06:49:12 PM
The corners of her lips turned up slightly as Aaron offered to go with her. She wasn't looking forward to be exiled, even if it was of her own choice. Having a familiar face with her would help immensely. "I'd like that, Aaron. If it's not interrupting any training?"

The look on his face told her it wasn't. "Ah, well I am going before them tomorrow. Th' Council, that is. If you want to come..."

Aaron Belargic
Dec 18th, 2004, 06:12:14 AM
“Of course,” Aaron nodded, then added with a smirk, speaking of his unusually difficult to find counterpart, “At this rate, that will be the first time I see Dasquian since returning.”

James Prent
Dec 20th, 2004, 02:44:36 AM
James half smiled at his comment, but her mind was already wandering, dwelling on other things. She hadn't really heard what he said. "Yeah... but I must get going. I have a dinner date with myself in my room."

Aaron Belargic
Dec 22nd, 2004, 04:53:18 AM
“Alright.” Nodding with understanding, Aaron embraced James in a hug one last time. As he drew back, he held her shoulders lightly, fixing her eyes with his. “Rest easy, and I’ll see you in the morning.”