PDA

View Full Version : Request for Important Storylines - Background IC Reading.

Karthon Vanar
Nov 14th, 2004, 06:31:47 AM
If anyone has time I have a question on background reading and important storylines.

Over the past few days I have been doing some reading and trying to get a rough idea of developments roleplaying wise, so that I might better work my own roleplay into things.

I am sure there any too many important threads to count. However I was wondering if anyone has any search terms they think might be useful or knows of any really ground-breaking threads, that would be common knowledge IC. If they do could they please pass them on, as I would really appreciate the firmer context.

The more the better thanks.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 14th, 2004, 06:39:05 AM
Given that SWfan has been around for over five years, it's pretty difficult to pick out just a select few 'important' threads, especially since whether or not a thread is important is very much dependent on the person reading it. It would be easy for us to all produce a shortlist of threads for you, but it's likely that no one list would be the same. If you do have any specific quesitons about events/people in time/storyline history of the board, then by all means ask away (but even then I can't guarauntee everyone's answer will be the same ;)) Don't worry too much about trying to 'catch up' with what's gone on, though :)

Karthon Vanar
Nov 14th, 2004, 06:59:20 AM
Yes I do see your point, personal and groups threads can be very important to one individual and not to another. I will try and break my question down into a few answerable points.

Are all the common planets still intact or have any notable ones been destroyed, eradicated?

Who are the major factions in existence (aside from visible pc groups)?

Have their been any glaring technological advances that the starting character should be aware of?

Are any common starwars races extinct?

Have their been any large wars on a galactic scale, that I could not
help but be expected to know IC?

And more importantly do womp rats still have pointy ears?

Sorry for the length, any answers would be helpful.
I'll only ask for useful search terms again, as I don't like to ask to be spoon fed :) just prodded in the right direction.

Thanks again.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 14th, 2004, 05:35:07 PM
Are all the common planets still intact or have any notable ones been destroyed, eradicated? For the most part, everything is in one piece.

Have their been any glaring technological advances that the starting character should be aware of? No.

Are any common starwars races extinct? No.

Have their been any large wars on a galactic scale, that I could not
help but be expected to know IC? There might be a few, but I can't think of anyting "recent' enough to have a huge impact. There is a lot of regional squabbling.

And more importantly do womp rats still have pointy ears? You bet.

Silus Xilarian
Nov 14th, 2004, 05:43:28 PM
Dude, you didnt get the memo? They're floppy eared now.

Welcome to the boards

Kathrine
Nov 14th, 2004, 05:53:16 PM
Floppy? I thought they were going for the new age look with piercings?

Anyways. welcome here!

Telan Desaria
Nov 15th, 2004, 10:01:40 AM
Ho ho ho!!!

The Imperial Fleet uses the surface of Endor to deplete our stocks of useless munitions - - - we firebomb the Ewoks for the Endorian involvement every chance we get.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:08:41 AM
Originally posted by Telan Desaria
Ho ho ho!!!
The Imperials are getting into the spirit of Christmas, I see. ;)

Karthon Vanar
Nov 15th, 2004, 11:34:00 AM
I can just see darth vader in his santa suit now.

Thanks for the help :)

Tiberius Anar
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:55:04 PM
Originally posted by Karthon Vanar
I can just see darth vader in his santa suit now.

I would hardly call that help!

Kelt Simoson
Nov 15th, 2004, 05:24:24 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
The Imperials are getting into the spirit of Christmas, I see. ;)

I cant imagine tinsil and christmas tress over a Star Destroyer O_O

Navaria Tarkin
Nov 15th, 2004, 07:02:45 PM
As much as the the offtopic is fun... gotta try and stay on target since this is a help thread guys :p

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 15th, 2004, 08:48:45 PM
On topic, if you've read the NJO books - basically nothing that's happened in those books has happened here. The Vong have attacked, but they were repulsed several IC years ago by a combined Imperial/NR force that left the Galactic Empire as it existed here splintered into several chunks. The most notable chunks are the Imperial Federacy, and the Imperial Sovereignty.

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:52:52 PM
The GJO once was headquartered on Yavin, but moved the main branch to Coruscant. Yavin is now a small GJO holding used for special training purposes.

Tiberius Anar
Nov 16th, 2004, 04:07:19 AM
In the past a kind of stalemate has existed between the remaining Imperial factions and the New Republic. This means that for the most part no major conflict has taken place that could affect the whole galaxy. Recently that has changed with the invasion of Bestine by the Imperial Sovereignty, which threatens to tip the Galaxy into all out war once more.

Karthon Vanar
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:00:44 PM
Thanks this is all helpful stuff. Its given me a point of reference to do some searches.

I've uncovered quite a bit, including a dozen or so old boards to read from.

James Prent
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:08:00 PM
Yeah, there's quite a paper trail leading to where we currently have the forums. :)

Telan Desaria
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:51:44 PM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32221

The Actions of the Empire

Tiberius Anar
Nov 17th, 2004, 03:37:16 AM
He means "Imperial Sovereignty", there isn't an "Empire" in the old sense.

Telan Desaria
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:33:36 PM
We are the correct and true Empire, heir to it in all forms, and we are soon going to be doing away with this Sovereignty business. We are the Empire. Simply put.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 17th, 2004, 09:42:38 PM
We are the correct and true Empire, heir to it in all forms, and we are soon going to be doing away with this Sovereignty business. We are the Empire. Simply put. Look, there is a list of people who probably disagree with you, but that isn't for debate in this thread.

Darth Vader
Nov 17th, 2004, 10:02:50 PM
We are the correct and true Empire, heir to it in all forms, and we are soon going to be doing away with this Sovereignty business. We are the Empire. Simply put.

Blah blah blah I am Spartacus.

It's one thing to think this IC, but please be realistic here.

Karthon Vanar
Nov 18th, 2004, 10:45:59 AM
Thanks for the links, I feel spoilt for choice now :)