Minnesota at Green Bay
NY Giants at Arizona
Carolina at San Francisco

Sunday Night

Buffalo at New England

Monday Night

Philadelphia at Dallas

Bye Week: Denver, Oakland, Miami, San Diego

All picks must be in by 1PM Eastern on Sunday.

darth_mcbain
Nov 11th, 2004, 12:56:43 PM
Don't even know why I'm still bothering, what with my luck so far. But anyway...

Sunday, Early

(W) Kansas City at New Orleans
Baltimore at NY Jets (W)
(W) Detroit at Jacksonville
Tampa Bay at Atlanta (W)
Pittsburgh at Cleveland (W)
Seattle at St. Louis (W)
Chicago at Tennessee (W)
Houston at Indianapolis (W)

Sunday, Late

(W) Cincinnati at Washington
Minnesota at Green Bay (W)
(W) NY Giants at Arizona
(W) Carolina at San Francisco

Sunday Night

Buffalo at New England (W)

Monday Night

(W) Philadelphia at Dallas

Syren Wyssholt
Nov 11th, 2004, 03:26:00 PM
You and me both :)

Sunday, Early

Kansas City at New Orleans (W)
Baltimore (W) at NY Jets
Detroit (W) at Jacksonville
Tampa Bay (W) at Atlanta
Pittsburgh (W) at Cleveland
Seattle at St. Louis (W)
Chicago at Tennessee (W)

Sunday, Late

Cincinnati at Washington (W)
NY Giants at Arizona (W)
Carolina at San Francisco (W)

Sunday Night

Monday Night

Philadelphia (W) at Dallas

Cyrel Annat
Nov 13th, 2004, 02:55:42 PM
Sunday, Early

Kansas City (W) at New Orleans
Baltimore (W) at NY Jets
Detroit at Jacksonville (W)
Tampa Bay at Atlanta (W)
Seattle (W) at St. Louis
Chicago at Tennessee (W)

Sunday, Late

Cincinnati (W) at Washington
NY Giants at Arizona (W)

Sunday Night

Monday Night

Nathanial K'cansce
Nov 13th, 2004, 03:01:02 PM
Kansas City
NY Jets
Detroit
Atlanta
Pittsburgh
St. Louis
Tennessee
Indianapolis

Cincinnati
Green Bay
NY Giants
Carolina

New England

Philadelphia

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 13th, 2004, 05:56:12 PM
W Kansas City at New Orleans
Baltimore at NY Jets W
Detroit at Jacksonville w
Tampa Bay at Atlanta W
W Pittsburgh at Cleveland
W Seattle at St. Louis
Chicago at Tennessee W
Houston at Indianapolis W

Sunday, Late

W Cincinnati at Washington
Minnesota at Green Bay W
W NY Giants at Arizona
W Carolina at San Francisco (this is got to be one of the worst games of the year)

Sunday Night

Buffalo at New England W

Monday Night

W Philadelphia at Dallas

Figrin D'an
Nov 13th, 2004, 11:54:38 PM
Sunday, Early

Baltimore at NY Jets (W)
Tampa Bay (W) at Atlanta
Seattle (W) at St. Louis
Chicago at Tennessee (W)

Sunday, Late

NY Giants (W) at Arizona

Sunday Night

Monday Night

Ryan Pode
Nov 14th, 2004, 08:50:40 AM
Sunday, Early

Kansas City Win at New Orleans
Baltimore Win at NY Jets
Detroit Win at Jacksonville
Tampa Bay Win at Atlanta
Pittsburgh Win at Cleveland
Seattle at St. Louis Win
Chicago at Tennessee Win
Houston at Indianapolis Win

Sunday, Late

Cincinnati at Washington Win
Minnesota at Green Bay Win
NY Giants Win at Arizona
Carolina at San Francisco Win

Sunday Night

Buffalo at New England Win

Monday Night

Philadelphia Win at Dallas

Bye Week: Denver, Oakland, Miami, San Diego

jjwr
Nov 14th, 2004, 09:13:05 AM
Sunday, Early

Kansas City(W) at New Orleans
Baltimore(W) at NY Jets
Detroit at Jacksonville(W)
Tampa Bay at Atlanta(W)
Pittsburgh(W) at Cleveland
Seattle at St. Louis(W)
Chicago at Tennessee(W)
Houston at Indianapolis(W)

Sunday, Late

Cincinnati(W) at Washington
Minnesota at Green Bay(W)
NY Giants(W) at Arizona
Carolina at San Francisco(W)

Sunday Night

Buffalo at New England(W)

Monday Night

Philadelphia(W) at Dallas

Master Yoghurt
Nov 14th, 2004, 09:52:34 AM
Sunday, Early

Baltimore at NY Jets (W)
Tampa Bay at Atlanta (W)
Seattle (W) at St. Louis
Chicago at Tennessee (W)

Sunday, Late

NY Giants at Arizona (W)

Sunday Night

Monday Night

Jedieb
Nov 14th, 2004, 10:01:59 AM
Sunday Early
WIN (3-5) Kansas City at New Orleans (3-5)
WIN (5-3) Baltimore at NY Jets (6-2)
(4-4) Detroit at Jacksonville (5-3) WIN
WIN (3-5) Tampa Bay at Atlanta (6-2)
WIN (7-1) Pittsburgh at Cleveland (3-5)
(5-3) Seattle at St. Louis (4-4) WIN
(3-5) Chicago at Tennessee (3-5) WIN
(4-4) Houston at Indianapolis (5-3) WIN

Sunday Late
(3-5) Cincinnati at Washington (3-5) WIN
(5-3) Minnesota at Green Bay (4-4) WIN
(5-3) NY Giants at Arizona (3-5) WIN
(1-7) Carolina at San Francisco (1-7) WIN

Sunday Night
(3-5) Buffalo at New England (7-1) WIN

Monday Night
WIN (7-1) Philadelphia at Dallas (3-5)

Jedieb
Nov 14th, 2004, 10:04:35 AM
That Detroit/Jacksonville game is killing me. I so want to go with the Lions, but that's way too many road winners to go with in the morning. The Jags don't have Left starting so they're ripe for the picking. Still, that defense should be able to keep Detroit in check at home. Plus, if I remember, Detroit has some receivers banged up. The Jags still have Fred Taylor........ Oh man, if Detroit rolls them I'll be hating myself all night.

Master Yoghurt
Nov 14th, 2004, 10:19:40 AM
Im not so worried about Jacksonville, but the Tampa Bay vs Atlanta and Cincinatti vs Washington gave me a bit of a headache. Washington got a horrendous throwing game, yet they got a great defense. Thats going to be an ugly game I think. Tampa Bay made a great game last week, but now theire on the road against a better defense.

Jedieb
Nov 14th, 2004, 11:08:35 AM
Washington got a horrendous throwing game
Passing game! Please, if you're going to thrash us, at least use the right terminology. ;)

Master Yoghurt
Nov 14th, 2004, 12:29:39 PM
Ok, passing game.. Washingtons PASSING game stinks. Wonder if if Clinton Portis will take over the quarterback spot this week as well ;)

Jedieb
Nov 14th, 2004, 04:01:13 PM
:lol
I haven't been following the Skins that closely this year, but it's obvious that Brunell has to be benched. The Bungles are up 14-0 right now and Brunell is getting booed by the home crowd on every incompletion. Since he's under 50% as usual that adds up to alot of boos. I know Gibbs invested a lot in Brunell, but Ramsey has some starts under his belt. It's time to swallow some pride and put the young kid in there.

The Jets played the Ravens much better than I thought they would with Carter at the helm. They could have put the Ravens away with a 21-0 or 17-0 lead, but Herman Edwards got cute and called a trick play that blew up in his face. It led to Ravens TD and the game was 14-7 at halftime.

The Bucs made a run and were driving to tie or take the lead in the 4th quarter but then they fell apart. Oh well, there's always next year. :cry

Ryan Pode
Nov 14th, 2004, 04:15:32 PM
I'm gonna say it now: Ed Reed, AP Defensive Player of the Year.

Master Yoghurt
Nov 14th, 2004, 04:20:27 PM
GOD (or any appropriate entity), I stink this week in FF and pickems >_<

Jedieb
Nov 14th, 2004, 05:02:27 PM
The Packers are hammering the Vikings at halftime. After being left for dead by many, including me, they've climbed back into the hunt. If they hold onto this lead they'll be tied for first in the NFC Norris division. They end the season at Minnesota. The loser of that game probably won't make the playoffs.

Master Yoghurt
Nov 14th, 2004, 05:41:33 PM
Its Minnesotas rushing attack, or more to the point, the lack of one. Theire RBs have a pathetic 42 yards combined. They need M. Moore back. And of course, minnesotas mediocre defense does not really help either, when playing against a team like Green Bay. Vikings passing game might save them at the end though, if Culpepper can pull some magic out of the hat. It has to be said though, its not quite the same without Randy Moss..

But yeah, Green Bay looks to improve at the end of the season.

Edit: On the note of being saved, there is none for Washington. They apparently cant even score. I should follow my own advice more often :rolleyes

Jedieb
Nov 14th, 2004, 06:34:45 PM
Holy cow, the Packers are doing everything possible to give this game away. They almost fumbled away the kickoff to give the Vikings a chance to win the game. The Packers have decent field position and can still win this one, but the Vikings have shown some guts by coming back like this.

Master Yoghurt
Nov 14th, 2004, 06:40:10 PM
Well, its over now. GB allmost managed to mess it up though..

Figrin D'an
Nov 14th, 2004, 06:56:02 PM
Minnesota was fine in terms of their personnel at running back... Michael Bennett and Onterio Smith are both more talented than Moore. The problem was not using them effectively. They got behind early, and were forced to pass to catch up (which they did), but because the run was never really a threat, the Packers were able to focus on trying to stop Culpepper.

Bad, bad defensive playcalling down the stretch for the Packers... they backed out of press coverage, which was a big mistake, and started to blitz from outside far too much. Once again, Favre and receiving corp step up and make a big play when they need to. They did just about everything possible to hand that game to the Vikings though. The real race in that division starts next week. Green Bay has the momentum, but if they Vikings can turn things around, they have the easier schedule, and like Jedieb said, it could come down to the rematch at the Metrodome on Christmas Eve.

Master Yoghurt
Nov 14th, 2004, 08:11:01 PM
Well, its not the first time Minnesota had to play catchup. They did that for several weeks. However, its even worse when the production in the RB department is additionally bad. Whatever perception of talent one might have about Smith and Bennett, Moore produces more yards both receiving and rushing, regardless of game situation.

Figrin D'an
Nov 14th, 2004, 11:04:28 PM
Originally posted by Master Yoghurt
Whatever perception of talent one might have about Smith and Bennett, Moore produces more yards both receiving and rushing, regardless of game situation.

Moore is a rookie who has, what, 3 career starts, all this season? Bennett was a Pro Bowler two seasons ago behind the strength of a 1300 rushing season, and Smith had almost 700 yards last season in limited action. Bennett's only problem is durability. Smith has been hurt on occasion, and had to serve a 4 game suspension. Moore has been good in the games he got the nod, but he got the nod because Bennett was still hurt and Smith was unavailable.

The biggest factor affecting the Vikings, though, is not having Randy Moss. They're averaging 10 less points per game without him in the lineup. Even if he isn't making the plays himself, he's drawing the attention of the defense on just about every play. When defenses have to commit a corner and a safety to Moss, and a linebacker to spy Culpepper, it's not surprising that they're running game is much more effective.

Nathanial K'cansce
Nov 14th, 2004, 11:38:39 PM
Originally posted by Figrin D'an

The biggest factor affecting the Vikings, though, is not having Randy Moss. They're averaging 10 less points per game without him in the lineup. Even if he isn't making the plays himself, he's drawing the attention of the defense on just about every play. When defenses have to commit a corner and a safety to Moss, and a linebacker to spy Culpepper, it's not surprising that they're running game is much more effective.

Couldn't agree more. Smith, before his 4 game suspension (with Moss healthy and on the field) was producing much better results at both rushing AND receiving. Without Moss, defenses can now concentrate more on the run and other wideouts.

jjwr
Nov 15th, 2004, 10:33:26 AM
So whats everyone thoughts on Manning? MVP? The next Marino? Or just taking advantage of advantageous passing rules with a sick offense and a horrid defense that puts the O Back on the field a lot?

Currently 31 TD's through 9 Games, on pace for 55 for the full season. Has three 5 TD games in his last 7 games and 5 for his career, Marino has the record with 6 total. Before he's done he may get 6 this year.

Some say give Marino that offense and the rules of today and he'd pass for a more ridiculous # than 48 but who's to say if he would or wouldn't. Fact is unless something happens injury wise I don't see how Manning misses both the yardage and TD record this year. He still needs to average 2.57 TD's a game to break the mark, which is no small #, that # alone would be a 41 TD year which is huge.

That being said, as a Pats fan the team doesn't scare me. Admittedly if they played right now it could be ugly but by playoffs time the Pats DB's should be back and the offense is getting on track to take advantage of their bad defense.

As for the Pats, they are definetly on a roll, Dillon is a monster! His lowest yardage game was 79 and he's at 900yds after only 8 games(missed a game though). Though with the game pretty well in hand last night I don't see why they kept giving him the ball when he was already a bit beat up, if he stays healthy and the injured players come back like expected I can't see them losing for a while, and definetly not down the stretch.

JMK
Nov 15th, 2004, 10:46:11 AM
I don't know what to think of the Colts. Yeah they have this sick offense, but their defense borders on embarassing at times. As if they want to let the other team score so that Manning and co. can get back on the field.

I'm not going to get into the Marino vs Manning debate, as I'm a biased observer, but what I can say is that if Indy doesn't improve that defense then Manning WILL be the next Marino in that he won't ever win a Super Bowl. Many believe that it's this year or never for the Colts with Harrison and James both up for free agency at season's end.

Figrin D'an
Nov 15th, 2004, 12:08:24 PM
Originally posted by JMK
Many believe that it's this year or never for the Colts with Harrison and James both up for free agency at season's end.

Yeah, that may indeed be the case, as James has made it known he would like to return to Florida, and Harrison hasn't been all that happy with his reduction in catches this year. I can see James signing with the Dolphins. I'm not sure where Harrison might want to go.

Manning is having a great year, and I think this probably is the Colts best shot to win a Lombardi Trophy, at least for several years. The only problem is... Manning hasn't had a bad game yet this season, and even as good as he is playing right now, he will have a game or two in which he and his receivers just aren't on the same page. They cannot afford for that to happen, not even once, and especially not in the playoffs.

I'd say Manning is the leading MVP candidate right now, just because his stats are insane, and because without him, the Colts are a very average football team.

Jedieb
Nov 15th, 2004, 02:21:40 PM
Unless Mannning's production falls off drastically, he's got the MVP wrapped up. If he gets anywhere near Marino's historic TD mark, he'll win the MVP. I don't think this is a product of the new rules. Manning is just on fire and his receivers are making some great plays. At least 2 of his TD's yesterday were the result of some great runs after the catch and horrendous tackling by the Texans. I remember watching Marino's dream season. It was beautiful. This one is shaping up to be just as impressive.

The Colts however, are in no shape to win it all this year. That defense must improve. It wasn't all that bad yesterday, but it's got to put some consistent games together before I consider it anything besides a handicap.

The Steelers and the Pats are by far the best teams in the league right now. You can throw the Eagles in there especially if they give the Cowboys the beating we all expect them to. I think that whoever finishes off with the best run and wins HF will represent the AFC in the Superbowl.
Remaining Schedules
Steelers
at Cincinnati
Washington
at Jacksonville
NY Jets
at NY Giants
Baltimore
at Buffalo

Pats
at Kansas City
Baltimore
at Cleveland
Cincinnati
at Miami
at NY Jets
San Francisco

They both have to square off against the Ravens at home. I'd give the Steelers a slight edge because they've faced them once this season already and they get them at home in Dec. They both have to face the Jets, who could be trouble, but the Steelers may or not have to face Pennington. I think he's scheduled to come back that week or the week before. It's close, but I think the Steelers have a bit of a tougher schedule. The Pats get the benefit of having 2 of their last 3 games against the worst of each conference, the Fins and Niners. While the Steelers will have to play the Ravens and then at Buffalo against a tough Bills D (well it's tough at times) and that brutal weather. The race for the AFC HF is going to be great.

The NFC blows chunks. With only 5 teams above .500 wrap it up and give it to the Eagles. The Giants have named Manning their starting QB which means their season is probably over. The NFC wild card could end up featuring an 8-8 team. How embarrasing.

jjwr
Nov 15th, 2004, 03:42:35 PM
Great breakdown Jedieb.

Sadly with the Steelers owning the h2h win they've got the advantage, so the Pats have gotta win 1 more game than they do to seal it up.

Steelers - One problem they have and hasn't been used against them, mainly due to injuries and luck is their weak D-Line against the power inside running game. Pats were missing Dillon, Eagles just don't run well and the Browns...well nuff said.

at Cincinnati - Rudi Johnson, he might make it tough for them.
Washington
at Jacksonville - Fred Taylor might make it tough as well, and a very stout line that shouldn't have many problems with the Bus.
NY Jets - All depends on Pennington.
at NY Giants
Baltimore - If Lewis is on track their defense is good enough to hold down the Steelers Offense, even force some turn-overs, I could see this as a Baltimore win.
at Buffalo - Very hard to tell which Bills team will show up.

So Currently 8-1, I’ll give them the Redskins and Giants, that’s 10-1. Odds are they’ll take the Bengals and Jets, 12-1. Buffalo may be tougher than expected but still a win. 13-1, Jacksonville & Baltimore I see as losses. 13-3.

Pats – This could really depend on who they get back from injuries and how well they do with those players, luckily after this coming game no more great offenses to deal with.

at Kansas City – This could be the toughest one. Luckily their offense is clicking and is really starting to score, I can see them keeping pace easily and their D being the difference.
Baltimore - Could be a trap game, it will come down to how well the Pats stop Lewis. The game is at Gillete though, on the road and I would probably give them the loss here.
at Cleveland
Cincinnati
at Miami
at NY Jets
San Francisco

Honestly I'm not going to comment on the other teams, I don't see a single team there outside of the Chiefs who the Pats can't soundly beat. All the teams have problems, 49ers & Bengals have a young QB the Pats should be able to take advantage of. Jets are beat up, Dolphins are well...the Dolphins, Browns are very beatable.

On the flipside any one of those teams could come out on fire and light it up, but I don't see it happening against the Pats. I know this team very well, they are too well prepared and playing too well right now to lay a egg against any of those teams. After the Chiefs & Ravens the Pats should finish out 5-0 unless some disastrous happens(Dillon, Brady injury, etc). So 14-2 is the guess and home field advantage.

NFC...blech! Its another AFC Superbowl winner this year, unless some bizarre happens any of the top AFC teams - Pats, Colts & Steelers should be able to man-handle the top NFC teams.

Ryan Pode
Nov 15th, 2004, 09:09:25 PM
I think New England will get the #1 seed. Frankly, the way things look the Raven's will be out of players by New England, but all 5 of their Pro-Bowlers will be healthy and ready to take names against Pittsburgh.

jjwr
Nov 16th, 2004, 07:24:08 AM
Cowboys suck...thats about all there is to it. Some of those plays were just sad, and I only watched the first half! TO wide open for a TD, another TD two defenders bounced into each other and he ran it in. Then the scrambling play of McNabb....I mean really.

Master Yoghurt
Nov 16th, 2004, 07:34:21 AM
Yeah, Dallas sucks. Although, very impressive play by Terrel Owens, it cheered me up somewhat in an otherwise drab FF week. Also, that 14 second running about by McNabb before he did what looked like an impossible pass I call play of the week.

Peyton Manning, Im sure he will be MVP this year and break all records doing so. He is amazingly consistant.

JMK
Nov 16th, 2004, 07:56:29 AM
The way Eddie George was stripped of the ball after a nice run was disgraceful. A veteran like that should NEVER give the ball away like that under any circumstance.

I heard the Cowboys talking all kinds of junk yesterday on how they were going to keep T.O. out of the endzone so that he wouldn't be able to celebrate and strut his stuff. Well done Cowboys.

Figrin D'an
Nov 16th, 2004, 11:46:40 AM
Week 10 Results

McBain: 8-6
Syren Wyssholt: 9-5
Cyrel Annat: 10-4
Nathanial K'cansce: 9-5
Jedi Master Carr: 9-5
Figrin D'an: 7-7
Ryan Pode: 7-7
jjwr: 10-4
Yoghurt: 8-6
Jedieb: 9-5

Updated Season Totals

Yoghurt: 91-53
Cyrel Annat: 90-55
Nathanial K'cansce: 89-55
Jedieb: 88-56
jjwr: 88-56
Figrin D'an: 82-63
-----------------------------------------
Syren Wyssholt: 79-65
Jedi Master Carr: 76-54
JMK: 69-62
Ryan Pode: 67-61
Lilaena De'Ville: 64-53
Darth McBain: 66-64
Darth Sauron: 11-5
Drake Shadowstalker: 11-5
Reaperfett: 11-5
Lucian Belial: 11-3
Sarr Koon: 10-4

Devon Russels
Nov 22nd, 2004, 08:31:02 PM
Cory Dillion got the first score tonight. The game looks like its going to be a good one...atleast for New England.