PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2

Zasz Grimm
Nov 9th, 2004, 12:11:31 PM
I was up last night till around 3 AM cooping the campaign with my roommate. And let me tell you, I think this game is very, very awesome. there's alot of differences from the original. For instance being able to wield dual SMG's. Or dual Plasma cannons that the covenant have. Even dual needlers.

That and the way the storyline is working. If you remember the first Halo, Master chief owned it up hard against the covenenant. We get to see how the covenenat treat the leader that lost halo. He's branded a 'heretic'. Which pretty much to us, means traitor- but to them it's like a religous following. The covenenant is more or less a cult.

We see all this, while the Master Chief Is commended for his bravery. While the Covenant leader is tortored, whipped, beaten, and then branded with a the word 'heretic'.

That, and the game is still insane fun. The first couple of levels had so many more Covenant and intense battle scenes than the first that I was actually amazed. You run through the story as Master Chief, and then you have the chance to Actually play as the covenant leader you whooped in the first game. It's intricate. I personally like the ability to 'cloak' and run around like a predator, then just hammer a guy with my wrist blade, thus instant killing.

This is all I've really gotten to so far, as I was fairly tired last night, as was my roomie. I'll probably hit it up in about half an hour. All in all, I rate this a 10. At least to me. This game is awesome. If you enjoyed the first Halo, definitely buy this one, or at least rent it. It's well worth your 5 bux to rent, or 50 to buy.

Kelt Simoson
Nov 9th, 2004, 02:51:59 PM
And for once a British guy being the hero!

Yeah ive heard about this game for the last month at college due to a friend having several verbal orgasems over it, going to the midnight release tommrow to go fetch me one :)

Zasz Grimm
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:48:07 PM
Cool thing was, at the midnight release party, I was one of like three people that got a promo item

Halo 2 hat.

Dan the Man
Nov 9th, 2004, 03:52:11 PM
I'll be playing it in about 90 minutes, so I'll let you know :)

Zyon Rouge
Nov 9th, 2004, 04:30:49 PM
I went to target this morning at 8:00, bought the Collecters one, and scored myself a free strategy guide.

I am on mission three right now and I am loving it. I'm right where the scarab walks over the marine base in the city center, man that thing looks awesome.

For those who haven't gotten it yet, or are unsure about getting it. If you have the money, get it. Or at least rent it.

Dae Jinn
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:37:56 PM
My brother got the metal case for it, a dvd and a t-shirt when he got his copy last night. I like it because it keeps him out of my room, although I know I'll be forced to play it at least once, no matter how much I suck at it.

Jared Mriad
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:08:32 PM
Beat it at 5:49PM this afternoon, normal difficulty. Bungie.... I love you.

Shawn
Nov 9th, 2004, 09:43:14 PM
Um, that's pretty fast by anyone's standards.

Zyon Rouge
Nov 9th, 2004, 10:12:42 PM
Ugh, this part is ticking me off! I am on the second level you play as the arbiter. and I am a few rooms outside the battle with the heritic. I am in the red hallway, needler with 37 ammo. A energy sword with 30 power. And a ton of flood in my path. I go out, kill the big flood. Big flood blows up, I swipe at the small flood. I continue on, use up like 6 energy to kill two combat flood. Pick up a energy rifle. Go into the big room, use 3 energy to kill a combat flood. And then I somehow get killed by a few of the little flood. And this has gone on for 25 minutes. And I am playing on easy, man do I suck. >_<

Kathrine
Nov 10th, 2004, 12:41:28 AM
My friend and I co opted and beat it at 9:31. We started at 10:46. Best game I've ever played to date.

Charley
Nov 10th, 2004, 08:18:03 AM
I'm at the point where The Arbiter and Master Chief meet

Incredibly fun so far, I just wish you could carry as much ammo as you could in the first one.

Khendon Sevon
Nov 10th, 2004, 05:37:54 PM
I'm amazed by the graphics, XBox's powers are brought to full fruition in Halo II.

If you liked the first game, you’ll be obsessed with the second.
If you obsessed over the first game, you’ll lose your life to the second.

It’s simply the best console game out.

Lady Vader
Nov 10th, 2004, 05:56:08 PM
For those who haven't gotten it yet, or are unsure about getting it. If you have the money, get it. Or at least rent it.

Well, yes, but first you must own an Xbox. :p

I don't have an Xbox, but my brother-in-law does. Hopefully he's gotten the game cause I wanna see it!

Alf
Nov 10th, 2004, 07:14:32 PM
See it, learn it, live it!

Drake Shadowstalker
Nov 11th, 2004, 04:01:09 AM
I wasn't planning on buying Halo 2, but yesterday my dad went out and bought it for me. I played through the first mission and it's better then I thought it would be but people will still overrate it way to much just like the first one. But, it is an enjoyable game and I look forward to playing it more when I go back to my dad's house on Sunday.

Ace McCloud
Nov 11th, 2004, 11:37:26 AM
Noobs. Play it on live. I've been playing all day for he past few days. Lack of sleep is killing me. I'm almost ranked in the top 1000 players(pretty good considering about 2 million people play this game).

My gamer tag is MortalDanger0 i hope that I can play with some of yall.

BTW: I came back just to see if yall were talking about halo and to hope to play with you. =P

Shawn
Nov 11th, 2004, 03:51:37 PM
Is the single player reptitive? I read a review mentioning that it's almost as repetitive as the first game, but that's the only mention I've seen of it.

Zasz Grimm
Nov 11th, 2004, 03:56:05 PM
Originally posted by Shawn
Is the single player reptitive? I read a review mentioning that it's almost as repetitive as the first game, but that's the only mention I've seen of it.

Not at all. I mean, you get to play as Covenant. You get to play as the guy you beat the crap out of last time.

That and enemies are generally harder.

Rognan Dar
Nov 12th, 2004, 07:52:09 PM
The only thing that may seem reptitive is that you are on another halo playing in some familiar, but differnet scenary that you saw in the first. Plus there is the Flood...again.... Besides for what is hiden, its not at all the same. And the change between the covenant and the Spartan is a great mix to the game.

Jared Mriad
Nov 12th, 2004, 10:47:03 PM
By the way..

There was a Halo 2 Tournament in our town tonight at the local EB Games. 44 People showed up to play it, we had bouts of twelve then halves and halves until three players were left...

A guy from my school...

Myself....

The Second Best Halo Player in the World.

After thirty minutes of hard fought match...

I won.

Words cannot describe the feelings of exciteness, adrenline and downright nervousness I felt when I plugged those last Magnum bullets into the SBHPW's skull.

I'm 'Master Cheif of Greenwood', whatever that'll mean to you, and *EXPLICIT* I'M PROUD!

JediBoricua
Nov 17th, 2004, 04:26:11 PM
I've been playing since last Tuesday.

Last Saturday I hosted my first X-Box LAN with 16 people at my house. We had one team in the living room and the other in the garage.

It was awesome, we played for over 10 hours in different groups.

The campaign is fun, but what makes this game a jewel is the multiplayer.

Rognan Dar
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:12:23 PM
Ok, I want to know if anyone has beaten the campaign on Legendary yet. I dontk now about the rest of you, but I can't even do co-op and beat it. I get shot by a plasma rifle five times and I'm dead!

Sarr Koon
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:42:13 PM
A friend of mine beat it on Legendary, but he played the original forever and got really good at it.

Counter-Strike is a much better game for multi-player, not Halo or Halo 2.

Rognan Dar
Nov 17th, 2004, 06:47:28 PM
The first one is nothing like the second one on Legendary. I must suck a lot more then I thought...

Zyon Rouge
Nov 17th, 2004, 07:06:05 PM
Originally posted by Rognan Dar
Ok, I want to know if anyone has beaten the campaign on Legendary yet. I dontk now about the rest of you, but I can't even do co-op and beat it. I get shot by a plasma rifle five times and I'm dead! Watch the speciel features. Clear your head. Beat it on heroic. :D

Rognan Dar
Nov 18th, 2004, 08:50:34 PM
Yeah, I'm starting to watch them. And I am now playing on heroic. Legendary just isn't that fun anyway. :p