PDA

View Full Version : Back in the Game - Dirty Politics

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Nov 7th, 2004, 04:54:14 PM
The planet of Naboo was a beautiful gem out in the rim of the galaxy. Minus the swamplands, it was full of lush vegetation and kilometers of ocean which has made it a favorite spot for vacations and sightseeing. None of which were the reasons why Aliya was here. She would never have chosen this place as a meeting point with her contact. This planet wasn't known for anything seedy going on and she felt exposed. Sure, illegal cargo might pass through here every now and then, but that was it.

On the other hand, the planet was quite peaceful. The only thing going in her favor here was she could lay low because of that. It had been over a week since she lost that one Bounty Hunter passing through Tatooine. The chase lasted two days and she used up all her favors on that dust ball to get off the planet unlisted. Hopefully her trail went cold when she reached lightspeed but you couldn't count on that. Thanks to her father, she would always have to constantly look over her shoulder. He couldn't accept that his little girl wasn't living up to his expectations and wouldn't come home. So he hired a bunch of nice people to try and extract her from the evils of the galaxy to bring her back to Ralltiir and reeducate her. That wasn't what the bounty said but Aliya knew her father....

"Room for two nights, please." She pushed one of her cred cards towards the clerk behind the desk. This hotel was in Theed near the capital building. Her method of staying towards the outskirts of the city hadn't been working so well, it was time to change her habits. Besides, it was nice reverting to old ways and staying in the expensive rooms. How she loved looking the part again. All the signs of being on the run were gone. She was clean, her hair was put up in a neat bun, letting her white bangs hang loose, and make-up applied with perfection. Aliya had an old business suit of hers on since it was rather difficult keeping up with the latest fashions, but the feel of old familiar threads against her skin was welcomed. Anything beats wearing old beat up clothes found on the victims that had gotten in her way.

"Of course, Miss Velard." The clerk typed some information into her computer and returned the card to Aliya. "Everything is all set for you. Take the lift to the fourth floor. Your room is the down the hallway, first door on the left. Room 421." She flagged one of the bellhops over to her bags. "Mareius is already seeing to your bags."

"Thank you," she replied with a polite smile and began to leave before the clerk stopped her. "Sorry, Miss Velard. There was a message for you as well. It was said to give it to you as soon as you checked in."

"Ah, yes. Was expecting a message from a business partner. Have it linked to my room."

"Of course."

She took the lift to the fourth floor and was pleasantly surprised to find Mareius opening the door to her room. She gave him a handsome tip and closed the door as soon as he was shooed away. Her main concern was the message and cued up it up immediately. "Damnit!" She slammed the table with an open palm. Her hand stung but she wasn't happy with Carle, her contact. He thought it be cute to encrypt his message this time, something that he'd never done before. It would probably take her most of the afternoon decoding it.

Sighing in disgust, she unbutton her suit jacket and threw it on the couch and got cracking on the code.

ooc- if interested in the thread, give me a holler in PM. thanks

Zasz Grimm
Nov 8th, 2004, 06:15:12 PM
Ugh, you look horrible.

"Thanks."

Zasz was sitting at a desk of a suite in one of the larger, more grandoise hotels. He preffered luxury, or at least now he did- that and he wasn't paying for it. The Dark Jedi stared at his contact, Carle, through a holo-pad, which projected his image through video. And likewase he was project to Carle.

Alright, I've sent you the meeting place. Don't frell this up. Your partner is one of the best. That and she looks good in a tight body suit. So why don't you muster a better appearance.

Zasz's only reply was him lifting one finger, on his left hand, and giving a smile to Carle.

"I've heard it before. I don't understand why your pairing me up. I can do a job by myself."

Despite him carrying himself quite well, in this new circle- Zasz had adopted a different..personality in these shady dealings. He acted as if he were a shallow darksider. That he was weak. Hell, he even wore different color clothes than usual. A plain brown tunic for tonight, and he hadn't shaved in quite some time.

To Carle, Zasz was a weak being. A bit of muscle. The man had no clue- But Zasz was playing it up. He wanted to get to the top of several organizations. And this was a way to do it. By acting the part of an assassin.

Carle chuckled.

Alright beautiful. You only got a couple hours to be at the concert stadium. I suggest you get to it.

He turned off the monitor, remained seated...Thinking.

Aliya Vahlshalynn
Nov 8th, 2004, 06:51:21 PM
As expected, it took all afternoon and two pots of coffee for Carle's message to be sliced. The bastard decided to use a mish mash of two different codes just to be more difficult. There better be a damn good reason why you're putting me through all this...

And with that, she cued up the message.

Hello, Love. Glad you made it to Naboo safely. Thanks for coming out of hiding and trust me, it'll be worth it. I know your probably steaming that I've coded this message all to hell, but I had to make sure you'd stay and at least meet with me personally about the mission. Why? Because you've got a partner this time. Yeah, I said a partner. This is a dangerous assassination attempt and with all these damn Bounty Hunters out to get you, I need you safe. I only trust you completing this mission and therefore, I need you alive.

Now before you say screw you Carle, I'd like to point out that the meeting is scheduled at 1830 hours. It's right after sunset over at that old Gungan stadium, just outside of Theed. The actual Coordinates are at the end of the message. I figure with how hard I encoded this message and the time you said you arrived approximately, you only got about a hour to get ready and get out here.

And I know you. You're at least interested in what I have to say and how many creds I'm gonna sling your way.

Me and your partner will be there waiting so we can all meet face to face and get to planning things out, since you'll be there of course.

Later

She shoved the data-pad away in disgust. Mainly because Carle knew her too well, and that was bothering her more then the fact she was going to have a babysitter.

"Damn, father." Aliya pushed herself up from the chair and walked to the refresher to take a shower, noticing she had an hour and a half to get ready. At least she could take her time and enjoy herself under the hot water before having to deal with the pompous fool. It it weren't for the fact that he always paid her handsomely, she would have told him to frell off months ago...