PDA

View Full Version : The Incredibles.

Zeke
Nov 2nd, 2004, 05:53:08 PM
This Friday my Character Design teacher is paying to take all his students to see The Incredibles, and every last one of us is pumped up about seeing it (and not just because the tickets are gonna be free). It looks like it's gonna be a genuinely fun movie to see, one I may even see twice despite the eternally empty wallet college has given me. Anyone else got plans to see it or high expectations of it?

Cyrel Annat
Nov 2nd, 2004, 06:19:56 PM
Granted, the movie looks decent but I will wait til DVD. I'd say the biggest expectation for it would be the EP3 teaser trailer.

Morgan Evanar
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:17:07 PM
Uhhh its Pixar. I can't think of a film from them that I didn't feel was worth my 10 bux. I have to say I'm looking forward to the Incredibles more than EP3.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 2nd, 2004, 08:20:54 PM
I can't wait for Friday. :D

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:51:10 AM
Working in the Disney Store, I feel like I've already seen this movie, the amount of times I've seen promos and trailers for it :x ... still going to see it tho, of course!

Lady Vader
Nov 3rd, 2004, 11:04:23 AM
OMG! I forgot it came out this Friday! W00t! Me going to see it when i get home! ^_^

Zeke
Nov 5th, 2004, 06:39:57 PM
The Incredibles was an awesome movie! Plenty of humor and drama, every character was well designed and full of personality. I loved every second; there's not a single boring moment, and every character has plenty of time to strut their stuff and be in the spotlight. My favorite parts were the ones featuring Dash, the son, who has super speed. He runs over water and it's amazing to watch.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 5th, 2004, 11:27:50 PM
Saw it tonight it was a very fun movie. One of Pixar's bests IMO. Man its going to be a tough year to vote for best Animated film you got Shrek 2, the Incredibles and the Polar Express. Unless the Polar Express is just unbelievable I have to give the edge to the Incredibles.

imported_Eve
Nov 6th, 2004, 01:22:59 AM
This movie was great! IMO, it's tied with Finding Nemo. It's worth the money to see in the theater.

The short before it was so cute.

And the EP III trailer was neat, even if it was mostly Alec Guiness from EP IV. When Hayden Christiansen gets the evil eye, I get all tingly inside. Whoooo, this was all a good time. GO SEE IT!

Telan Desaria
Nov 6th, 2004, 03:30:57 PM
The best part, without doubt, was the ep III trailer. I saw a naval action over Coruscant, the X-wing's predecessor, and what looked to be the first Imperial or Victory-class Star Destroyer, as well as fire fighting apparatus from Imperial City - - - - worth the money for those shots alone.

The time clicks away.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 6th, 2004, 07:52:03 PM
The Incredibles was... incredible! I missed part of the beginning due to food poisoning (I think) but the parts I saw were great. I really enjoyed this movie. :D

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 7th, 2004, 01:49:52 AM
Wow...that movie was great. They were a superhero team in every sense of the word "team." The dialogue is hilarious and the action is hot. I can't find a single way they could have made that movie better.

Sejah Haversh
Nov 7th, 2004, 02:53:57 AM
I just saw it today, and was filled with ahppiness on every level. IT was clever, light and funny, while on the same time being gritty and action-packed. The voice-acting was great, and the plot was killer.

Also, the short before it was an absolute riot. It's great to see something pure and fun in theatres again.

Mine didn't have the EPisode III preview for some reason, though.

AmazonBabe
Nov 7th, 2004, 10:11:17 AM
I saw the movie last night and IT HAD THE EP III TEASER WITH IT! :rollin

Sejah, there are only some theaters that got the teaser, and also, some theaters aren't playing it with The Incredibles. You basically have to call the theater and ask if A) they have the teaseer, and B) which movies it's being played with. :\

Nathanial K'cansce
Nov 7th, 2004, 12:05:00 PM
Definately a great movie. The group that I went with enjoyed it a lot. Action packed, funny, great drama, pure evil genious as an enemy... just great.

Oh, and I loved Samuel L Jackson's character. He had to have been like, "give me this part, with these lines, bleepy bleepy." <3

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 7th, 2004, 03:11:47 PM
As far as the trailer - it's not that entire theatres don't have it, it's individual prints. We had tickets to the 10:15 showing, but we sat through the trailers of the 10:00 show, trying to see 'the trailer' twice. The 10:00 show didn't have the SW trailer, but the 10:15 show did. :)

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:15:21 PM
Money well spent, in my opinion. It was classy, and seemed to pay homage to Bond in a very subtle yet noticable way. The humor wasn't entirely kiddish, which was wonderful because it gave the adults something to both chuckle about and laugh out loud at. I have to say though, that my favorite parts were when Frozone was arguing with his wife about where his superhero uniform was, and when Buddy aka Syndrome's henchmen were celebrating the robot's destruction of the city - the line "everytime they run, take a shot" cracked me up pretty good.

Charley
Nov 7th, 2004, 09:09:46 PM
Very entertaining flick. Not quite as good as Finding Nemo, but it was a sure bet for big laughs. I love the vintage superhero / world domination 60's a go-go style camp, and this feeds it to you by the bucket.

Oh and it had the Episode 3 trailer on it, so that doesn't hurt :)

Rognan Dar
Nov 7th, 2004, 10:17:53 PM
Well, I'm one of those that missed the trailer. But the movie itself was good enough to make up for it. Still wished I could have seen it. Might just have to go again! the movie was the best. I dont know if you could really say that it was better then Nemo or not. It was a different kind of movie.

And the way that they did not just mkae it for kids was great too. In fact, it almost doesn't seem to be mostly for kids but aimed for more of the older.

And I loved the part where they were going over the new costume design and mentioning all the superheros that had caps and died from them. Not that them die was good, but...well, anyway.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 7th, 2004, 11:44:57 PM
One big difference in this Pixar film from the others we've seen - it was rated PG, not G like the others have been. Probably because of the superhero violence/cape deaths :lol

Sejah Haversh
Nov 8th, 2004, 04:42:00 AM
And because of the vehicles crashing and exploding violently with the pilots/henchmen still in them. That was actually rahter shocking to see the first time, but I did enjoy it by the end.

Rognan Dar
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:37:11 PM
Yeah, I was surprised that they hada them killed off like that. I did see a few that got away, or maybe just fell away, but I was like 'Wow, they are really killing those guys....cool!!

Hart
Nov 9th, 2004, 12:57:28 AM
A great movie. Definitely fun for anyone who loves the superhero genre (like me).

Mu Satach
Nov 10th, 2004, 12:40:56 PM
It rocked. I loved it. I must buy it.

End of line.