PDA

View Full Version : Mark - ban?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 31st, 2004, 08:08:20 PM
I'm confused as to what we should do with his good bye thread. I tried to read the FAQ as best I could, and it didn't appear that his thread needed to be closed, or that action needed to be taken to get him banned. I mean, we didn't even ban Alex, did we? Just deleted his accounts.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 31st, 2004, 10:40:27 PM
I think the difference was that Alex asked to have his accounts removed and Mark doesn't care.

Shawn
Oct 31st, 2004, 10:51:00 PM
I did it because A) he asked for it to be done and B) I don't want to be seen as making exceptions.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 31st, 2004, 11:05:43 PM
Originally posted by Shawn
I did it because A) he asked for it to be done and B) I don't want to be seen as making exceptions.

works for me :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:27:34 AM
I'm confused - so he was banned? *goes to check*

Morgan Evanar
Nov 1st, 2004, 01:10:27 PM
Yep. Perfectly fair.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:14:42 PM
Was Alex banned then? O_o I thought his accounts were just deleted.

And why don't we have announcements when someone is banned, like we used to? Are we even letting these people know they're banned?

Shawn
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:18:52 PM
Alex requested his accounts were deleted, they were. Mark requested to be banned, he was.

Edit: Announcements are made when necessary. Making a new thread to say "Mark has been banned" when there's a thread at the top of the first page explaining that pretty clearly is redundant. Likewise, being as he personally IMed me and asked me to ban him, I don't think notifying him was terribly necessary.

But yes: Members who are banned for rule violations are notified, and announcements regarding their bans are made.