PDA

View Full Version : See ya!

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 30th, 2004, 05:23:58 AM
Yeah, I know the rules and this'll earn my marching orders. Lets say I want to not have a temptation to come back.

All things end and it's my time to go. No really, that's why I'm committing forum suicide. I expect my IP to be banned. I really cant see SW-Fans staying around forever but anyway. I dont need the email address anymore, so that can go too.

Been fun and all that. I'll still be on at Meras (Cause I do have my forum there) now and then. But here? Nah, my time is over. Marcus' story is told and the one I am telling, well that's going to be a project down the line. My AIM is MarcusQDunn if you want to chat - if I'm not busy. Probably will be tho. S'il, I still want to talk about that idea still. And you too Miss Smidget. firwe and Rain should be told but not here.

I know it's kinda sudden but things change, I've got too much to do to really be wasting. I really have to get back to racing more, I have to work on my business and to be honest it's sort of hard to. I dont need the distractions.

Good luck ya all, God Bless and signing off from what has been my home page for five years,

Marcus

Darth Viscera
Oct 30th, 2004, 05:31:11 AM
oh crap.

Originally posted by Marcus Telcontar
I'll still be on at Meras (Cause I do have my forum there) now and then.

oh, good. phew. you had me worried there

now and then.

eh?

I SAID, "NOW AND THEN".

wait a second, that doesn't sound very often :\

Master Yoghurt
Oct 30th, 2004, 05:36:31 AM
Youre going to be missed :(

Darth Viscera
Oct 30th, 2004, 05:55:19 AM
Youre going to be missed :(

yeah :( oh god, now i'm getting nostalgic flashbacks. I remember this one time, more than 4 years ago, I was a freshly-minted noob, and had no idea how to conduct a planetary takeover thread, nor did I have the faintest notion of why they were necessary. So the first thing I did was create 4 threads with 1-post, 1-sentence planetary takeovers, expecting to instantly get 4 shiny planets. ROFL, I shudder in horror just thinking about it. Marcus posted there, informing me of the stupidity of taking a planet in one sentence, and threw in one of his exotic australian words. He said something like "this whole thing is really jackin me" which just provoked a :huh response in me.

I think, though, that we'll never really suffer the absense of Marcus, because with every post we make we'll always be visualizing a grizzled 30-something aussie with a strange accent posting a piffy retort. And I know my Mental Marcus will be the loudest-mouthed, most brazen Marcus of all, because I've posted a lot of stupid crap in my time, and received a lot of piffy retorts for it.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 30th, 2004, 06:35:43 AM
Im getting nostalgic flashbacks too.

Back in spring 1999, I had really never been a part of an internet community before. But at that time, I was really looking forward to episode I of the Star Wars prequels. Somehow, I stumbled on this counting down site which would count the days left to the launch of TPM. At some point, I noticed there was a bulletin board, I believe this was the jawa fortress however, I did not register or post at that stage.

Later on came the ezboard version of the forums and during the month of june, there was this thread that caught my attention featuring a poster calling himself "Cinematic", a forum troll which who would staunchly argue how Titanic was better than SW. He branded the posters turbogeeks due to their fandom of Star Wars. Thats how the poster formerly known as Darth Q became Darth Turbogeek, he was proud to be a geek and would defend the forums from forum trolls. Thus the turbogeek code was born.

I registered shortly after that. One of the things that fascinated me then, was the battles between Jedi and Sith. It did not take long before I had witnessed for the first time a force frying pan or a wedgy, and in the front of all this madness was Darth Turbogeek, leading the Jedi in battle :)

Alpha
Oct 30th, 2004, 08:16:30 AM
Ah man...Marcus, we'll all miss ya. But, like Visc said...We all have those mental Marcuses, so in effect, we'll still have something like you here...

I remember when I was still a noob...God, it was that long ago? I remember the oddness of the battles, especially when I first saw the frying pan or the wedgie...Ah...I've missed those days...

You will be missed Marcus. I'm proud to have been able to know you.

Kelt Simoson
Oct 30th, 2004, 09:24:54 AM
I personaly think Marcus will be missed IC and OOC because of impact he's brought, end of an era eh?. Have a good ride bro and take care of yourself. Take it easy man.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 30th, 2004, 12:14:19 PM
So, you're trying to get banned? o_O

You didn't flame anyone in your goodbye thread, and you are letting people you are in RPs know that you will be gone - so this is not against the FAQ.

Figrin D'an
Oct 30th, 2004, 01:29:24 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
So, you're trying to get banned? o_O

You didn't flame anyone in your goodbye thread, and you are letting people you are in RPs know that you will be gone - so this is not against the FAQ.

Isn't asking to be banned a violation though, as part of the whole anti-"forumdrama" effort?

Either way... well, it's your choice, Mark. Shame to see you go, but I think we understand (at least I do).

Mitch
Oct 30th, 2004, 03:55:09 PM
Oh no you don't, mister! You still owe me another Marcus/Sejah thread, and you can't leave until I get it.

Them's the rules. I didn't make 'em up.

Syren Wyssholt
Oct 30th, 2004, 04:02:31 PM
o_O I'm really confused, but ok. You'll definitely be missed and I'll meet up with you on aim for more about the Fire and Rain thread. I am glad that we'll still get to continue that one. I've had much fun roleplaying with you and talking with you over aim and I'm happy to know what we'll still be in touch. :) Best of everything to you, Marcus!

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 31st, 2004, 02:10:31 AM
Bye Marcus. You've taught me a lot in the past few years...

Like how to pan people, or why not to stand downwind from you. :lol

Later. ^_^;

Droo
Oct 31st, 2004, 06:24:00 AM
Go on, bugger off then, you Aussie tart! :p

In all seriousness though, mate, I'm very sorry to see you go. At least you'll still be around keeping me entertained in Meras and I look forward to doing Fire and Rain with you along the line. Take care. :)

Slayn Cloak
Oct 31st, 2004, 06:57:18 PM
I try to stay away from meras... that place scares me, but I'll go more just to see you, and have car threads.

Bye Marc

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 31st, 2004, 08:35:01 PM
I suppose I should address the fact that you're leaving RP. Thankfully we're only in the middle of one RP that we were both pretty excited about. Apparently, you don't mind leaving stories untold. Yes, I'm a bit bitter, but I recognize that if you don't feel like staying, nothing that's said here would convince you to.

So - good bye Mark.

Sean Piett
Oct 31st, 2004, 10:27:10 PM
all right, have a good life

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 31st, 2004, 10:46:41 PM
Wow...no more FORCE FRYING PAN from the original...and where will all the WTFs come from? Such wonderful traditions, eh? Have fun in life, Marcus. Enjoy racing. Hope business goes well for you.

Dasquian Belargic
Nov 1st, 2004, 02:14:33 AM
Take it easy, you nutjob :)

imported_Grev Drasen
Nov 1st, 2004, 04:53:47 PM
Have fun. It's obvious you'll be missed.

Oriadin
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:27:32 AM
I know all about the time these forums can take up in your life and that RL, as always comes first. Better to call it a day than to let it fizzle out into nothing I guess.

As mentioned before, you will be greatly missed IC and OOC. Your force frying pans and wedgies are legendery, just like the many great characters you created. Each of us here will probably remember one particular character more than others, and for me, its Marcus Q'Dunn.

For as long as Ive been here, you have always been here and you have always been looked up to and respected. I wish you all the very best with everything you do, take care and DON'T GET BANNED, perhaps stop by one day in years to come to say hello. We will all await the second comming of the force frying pan master!

- Ori

Dae Jinn
Nov 2nd, 2004, 07:57:10 AM
Marks' going to be around, he just won't be rping. So, I wont be posting anything wishy-washy ;) :lol