PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION: All Members of the NR

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 28th, 2004, 12:27:22 PM
I feel we're going through a rough patch at the moment. Some things were said that should not have been said, and to that end I'd like everybody to stop posting to the 2nd Bestine Planning Thread temporarily. We've got an issue to work over.

~Admiral El' Jonson~

EDIT: Telan, an apology will be forthcoming. I had no desire to hurt you, and I feel horrible about what I have done.

James Prent
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:16:02 PM
If you want people to stop posting to a thread, you can always temporarily close it. If you have the authority to do so.

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 28th, 2004, 05:01:42 PM
No formal authority over these boards (i.e, no moderator powers, nor do I need them), but I generally refer these things to Marcus if I need a thread locked. I needed everybody to stop posting ASAP, though.

Telan Desaria
Oct 29th, 2004, 06:35:51 AM
No such action is required. I will not be held responsibile for the IC spillage into of OOC actions. The war continues with or without me as a Grand Admiral.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 29th, 2004, 12:52:11 PM
If people can't separate IC and OOC then that's their problem, not anyone elses. And I'm talking to ALL of you. If Telan wants to take an OOC concern/problem (not gonna go into it) and then refuse to participate in an RP because of an OOC situation, that's his right.

I would politely suggest as a member of the staff that all discussions about said 'issue' be taken to PM and off the boards (unless taken to the board the issue originated at). This is Sw-Fans, not Meras; Meras issues should be taken up at Meras.

That way, posting won't have to cease, because the subject you're trying to avoid being discussed here will not be discussed... here.

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 31st, 2004, 01:52:56 AM
Sorry, I should have been a bit more clear.

Tiberius Anar wanted me to get everybody to stop posting to the New Republic for a bit while we worked things out, before we got a bunch of people screaming "WTF?!?!" in the planning thread when Telan announced he could no longer participate.

I should have asked for a temporary close to the thread. My apologies, Lil. :)

~Lion~

Serena Laran
Oct 31st, 2004, 10:07:50 PM
No need to apologize, my statements still stand.

Telan Desaria
Nov 1st, 2004, 12:37:35 AM
I withdraw my renouncement. I will not let OOC concerns - -cleared up between Lion and myself - - get in the way of rping. The story will continue, the show must go on. I will be at Bestine staring over the sights of a turbolaser.

Jarek T'chort
Nov 1st, 2004, 05:33:57 AM
Good. Bestine should carry on as planned, if all parties are in agreement?

Telan Desaria
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:57:49 PM
I can see no reason they would not be. My problems are my own. Gloria Imperium.