PDA

View Full Version : A bit of a suggestion

Silus Xilarian
Oct 27th, 2004, 07:53:27 PM
Ive been noticing lately, an increase of "OMG Virus" threads popping up in the OOC forum, along with the same advice given over and over.

I was thinking it would be a good idea to compile a list of "what to do's" in a thread and sticky it up. Would also be a good place for people to post up links to articles about new security threads and what not.

Maybe even possibly open a subforum devoted to it, through, that may be a bit of an extreme.

Just an idea I was kicking around.

Shawn
Oct 27th, 2004, 08:31:51 PM
It's not a bad idea, but I'm pretty opposed to permanent stickys, for the most part. The portal page has a section listing all the latest virus threats and links for how to deal with them.

Maybe we could just start a regular thread, explaining basic procedure for dealing with viruses. Then, if someone starts a new thread asking for help, we can just link them to that one.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:57:48 AM
http://dotnet.sw-fans.net/funstuff.php ?

Master Yoghurt
Oct 28th, 2004, 05:27:54 AM
Maybe we could just start a regular thread, explaining basic procedure for dealing with viruses. Then, if someone starts a new thread asking for help, we can just link them to that one

Good idea

http://dotnet.sw-fans.net/funstuff.php ?

Thats a decent guide, but I think its time for something a bit more comprehensive now. And for some reason, no one seems to read that.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 28th, 2004, 05:32:41 AM
No need to write our own. Link to the handful of very, very good ones out and about. The SA Spyware one is superb.

h ttp://www.io.com/~cwagner/spyware/

If it's not breaking SA rules to link it, I suggest this is a must read.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 28th, 2004, 08:18:38 AM
I'm working on new comics for Dotnet, so there will be no reason for people to not visit it anymore. As for the funstuff page, I can redo that particular slice and rename it something else to let everyone know that if they have a virus problem, they need to go there

:huh