PDA

View Full Version : LV Invades The UK!

Lady Vader
Oct 27th, 2004, 03:30:23 AM
After making this thread (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37006) and this thread (http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37136), I figured I'd make one here for the UK peeps and myself to discuss the whats, wheres, whens, and hows of possibly getting together.

(I don't have access to any messaging systems save for posting and PMs... and writing something like 5 or 6 seperate PMs gets tiring after awhile.)

Soooo... lets have at it ppl!

Jen, would you mind giving me the site where you were looking up train schedules and stuff?

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2004, 03:43:10 AM
http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/default.aspx and http://www.gner.co.uk/GNER/default.htm were the two sites I was looking at :) The second one even has a little review of Newcastle (http://www.gner.co.uk/GNER/Destinations/YourBritain/Newcastle)!

Lady Vader
Oct 27th, 2004, 04:10:20 AM
Sweet! Ok, I'll use that to check trains going from Warrington to London, and from Warrington to Newcastle or London to Newcastle (depending on how we work it).

Oy... it's 3am body time and I'm starting to feel it. :x
Must. :| Stay. |I Awake. :zzz
Where's the coffee???

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2004, 04:14:03 AM
Go stand outside for a while, I'm sure the cold will wake you up :mneh

Lady Vader
Oct 27th, 2004, 04:20:52 AM
:lol True, it would wake me up. But the minute I walked back into the building, I'd get all sleepy again. I think I need a nap. Starting to feel a crankiness settling in. O_o

EDIT: Ok, I must be retarded or something, or maybe there aren't any tickets left (which I doubt), but I can't seem to find any fares for anything for the trains. o_O Help?

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 27th, 2004, 04:36:03 AM
http://www.gner.co.uk/GNER/Traintimes/CurrentTimetable/SaturdaysNorth

The Virgin site won't accept that I have cookies enabed, but if you just type Warrington in 'leaving from' and Newcastle in 'going to', then whatever dates.

Lady Vader
Oct 27th, 2004, 04:50:01 AM
Ok, what I might do is take a taxi from Warrington to Liverpool (it's only 30 min or so), and then from there take a train from Liverpool to Newcastle (these have more non-stop options than Warrington to Newcastle).

Also, this would be convenient if I can get a hold of Dru and Peter, cause then we could possibly travel together if they ever *cough*post*cough*.

EDIT: GAH! I keep getting this everytime I try to see what the fare is! http://www.gnertickets.co.uk/Buy_Tickets/matrix/no_response.asp?errvalue=0&T2ID=6037_2004102711543

Severen Morkonis
Oct 27th, 2004, 07:35:08 AM
I might be joining thee :) depends on my dad really :) And if im welcome :-p

Dark Lord Rivin
Oct 27th, 2004, 10:40:52 AM
FYI: If you have an internet access you can have access to AIM. Here is the sight :) just incase you are interested.

http://www.aim.com/get_aim/express/aim_expr.adp

It give you access to your Aim account no matter where you are.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 28th, 2004, 03:09:46 AM
LV, you might want to just try ringing up the station, whether it is Liverpool or Warington, and talking to a member of staff there. Probably have more luck with that than these damn confusing webpages.

Lady Vader
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:58:06 AM
Yeah, that was my plan exactly. I tried several times yesterday to try to get fares for the trains, but just gave up. I was able to find a phone number in the phone book, so I'll give em a call.

At least I have the stations and times I need though.

Sieken: If you can make it down, or up rather, the more the merrier. I don't know when the next time will be that I come back out here, so best to take advantage now while the advantage is hot. :)

Ok, here's the dealy so far...

Joe and I will be taking a train from here, Warrington, to London tomorrow. From there we will be in London playing tourists. Whoopie! Then, come Sunday, Joe will most likely go back to Warrington and I will head to Newcastle (Jen, you better be there to pick me up :p ). If it's ok with Jen and her mom, I'll prob stay with them for a couple of days, giving ppl ample time to come see the infamous LV. Then, prob Nov. 2 or so, I'll head back to Warrington via either Manchester or Liverpool (though I'll prob make it Liverpool to give Dru and Peter a chance at seeing me).

So there's the plan.

I'll have logistics/times for you later today. Still doing a bit of research.

Rivin: Thans. I tried AIM Express ysterday, but I think they may have it blocked on this end through their network. Dunno. All I know is that it won't initiate the log on. I'll try it again though...

EDIT: Dude! It worked! O_o :D

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 28th, 2004, 05:14:35 AM
Make sure you take lots of photographs in London (and wherever you are), LV :D

Originally posted by Sieken Kasstra
I might be joining thee :) depends on my dad really :) And if im welcome :-p

You're welcome, but if both of you are going to stay, one of you is going to have to sleep on either a) the floor b) the camping bed or c) a couch, providing that my mum is happy with that! ^_^;

EDIT: Okay, I've spoken with my mum, and one person can stay for one night.

Lady Vader
Oct 28th, 2004, 07:02:38 AM
Ok, for Mikey's sake, I can spend the two nights at the inn, so he can have a night at your place. I dunno if he has money to spare or not, so I don't mind.

But if he'd rather stay at the inn, that gives me a chance to stay at your place one night, and then the second night at the inn.

Dang it, where is Mike anyhow? He should post so we can plan!

Severen Morkonis
Oct 28th, 2004, 07:10:27 AM
Im here! Comes out behind the pot plant! ouch your moms be strict eh? Well i dunno whats to do in the cold newcastle to be honest...im leaving it up to the northan lass to come up with something....good :-p

Are you here for halloween LV?

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 28th, 2004, 07:16:31 AM
Well, tourism wise, there's a few places in Newcastle to check out.

We could go down by the Quayside in the city centre, see the three bridges and check out the Baltic art gallery. Also in the city centre there's the old city walls, near to Black Friars (lovely on a sunny day, has a nice but v expensive café there) - which is all right near to China Town. Then of course there's the city centre itself, lots of shops, a couple of monuments and some stunning architecture.

Orrr we could check out the coast line. There's the old priory, some nice stretches of beach (cold of course!) to have a walk along, and you can see the hell hole that is my old school! Nah, the coast is pretty good. We could take the ferry over to south of the river and play laser tag :p

Lady Vader
Oct 28th, 2004, 07:18:41 AM
LASER TAG! I'd say shooting at others is a sociable sport, no? :p

Mike, I just need to know from you whether you're going to need the freebie night at Jen's place, or if I can use one freebie night at Jen's and then just lodge up at the inn.

And, yes, I'll be here for Halloween. I even brought my LV costume (sans the double-bladed lightsaber... I don't think they would have liked me bringing that on the plane ^_^; ). But, if one of you guys has Maul's double-bladed lightsaber that I could borrow, then my costume will be complete... :D

Severen Morkonis
Oct 28th, 2004, 07:50:31 AM
If i can arange money matters with my dad ill be staying for one night yes. And i personaly think that doing something on halloween would be awsomely cool.

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 28th, 2004, 07:56:31 AM
Cool :) Hope you can come! And yeah, halloween would be cool. My mum is dressing up as a wizard to give sweets out, hehe. We could always watch a scary movie or something. There aren't, unfortunately, any organized halloween things nearby.

Lady Vader
Oct 28th, 2004, 08:28:28 AM
So long as I can dress up! :D

Severen Morkonis
Oct 28th, 2004, 08:47:56 AM
Jack the Ripper for me :)

Lady Vader
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:29:44 PM
The Invasion is complete.

For those that missed me, better luck next time (or else). :p