Morgan Evanar
Oct 20th, 2004, 04:17:50 PM
nt

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 20th, 2004, 04:56:27 PM
o_O

Morgan Evanar
Oct 21st, 2004, 06:39:39 AM
Like claiming a thread for a work-safe hell esque takeover.

"This thread is worthless. Devolve into amusing spam."

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:19:21 PM
Yeah, but what are we going to do about Telan? >_<

Shawn
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:54:24 PM
Er, not sure really. With any luck, it'll just fall off the first page without any replies.

http://img94.exs.cx/img94/3473/emot-dramabomb.gif

Darth Viscera
Oct 21st, 2004, 01:02:29 PM
Originally posted by Shawn
Er, not sure really. With any luck, it'll just fall off the first page without any replies.

http://img94.exs.cx/img94/3473/emot-dramabomb.gif

a-fucking-men

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 21st, 2004, 03:28:22 PM
I doubt it will. I was staring at it, trying to figure out if replying would do any good, and decided that there really isn't anything to say besides "aren't you being a tad melodramatic?"

imported_Eve
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:01:57 PM
I feel like we should post a warning for those who insist on loading their personal life here. This is the internet. No matter how close you THINK you are to someone here, he/she is still a stranger and this place is very public and well trafficed.

Not a pre-ban warning, a "don't be an idiot" warning.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:19:00 PM
a "DRAMA QUEEN" warning.

*giggles*

imported_Eve
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:23:54 PM
Well, why not?

Morgan Evanar
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:02:45 PM
I would love this so much.

imported_Eve
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:39:17 PM
How about this? I know it's long...

------------------

A Word From the Staff

We all have posted items about our personal lives here at this community (and its affiliates) at one time or another. Most of us are light in what we disclose to the community, and others go very deep and very personal into their private happenings and feelings. This message is intended for those who share their most private and deep personal events in the public forums.

Because the bulk of us have been together for so long, it's easy to forget that our main form of communication is a virtual and not physical. But you can't forget this, especially when you disclose very personal details on a very public forum. We have thousands of members, and even more non-members who traffic this community all the time.

While posting about your personal life is not against the FAQ or rules of this community, we strongly recommend that you be aware of the risks involved.

(1) If you would not disclose personal details to people you actually see everyday, then why would you disclose them to complete strangers (or those you have never met)?

(2) When you post personal details, you leave yourself vulnerable to comments that you may not like, or comments that may hurt your feeilings and be exactly opposite of what you need to hear from a true friend.

(3) When you post personal details, you have just disclosed information (whether you believe it to be harmless or not) to very many people. You've heard of the "dangers" of the internet and releasing personal information for several years. Just because someone is registered at this community does not mean that he/she is necessarily a benign person. We run no background checks here.

(4) Deep personal posts and/or threads tend to alienate forum members despite the thread author's purpose. In other words, these type of disclosures end up causing more harm than good for the discloser.

If you're having a personal issue, we hope that you can seek a valid resource to help you through your issue, beit a friend, family-member, specialized hotline, etc. We recommend that you do not use the public forums here to display your personal problems and issues.

Thank you.
---------------------------

ReaperFett
Oct 21st, 2004, 09:03:34 PM
What exactly is the problem? Maybe it's just late, but I'm not seeing why Telan's post needs action.

imported_Eve
Oct 21st, 2004, 09:08:54 PM
We're not proposing action on his thread.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 21st, 2004, 09:12:30 PM
Originally posted by ReaperFett
What exactly is the problem? Maybe it's just late, but I'm not seeing why Telan's post needs action. It doesn't, but DRAMAMAAAAA. I'd like very much to see the thread ignored and dissapear. I'm getting pretty tired of people doing lame crap related to their personal lives that don't have anything to do with the board.

imported_Eve
Oct 21st, 2004, 09:20:27 PM
To me, it seems like this happens alot - drama threads. Well, the note is there if anyone ever wants to use it. I wasn't meaning it to be posted in a thread of that nature, maybe just posted as its own thread, locked, for everyone's info - some day. I mean, it's not BAD advice.

Shawn
Oct 21st, 2004, 09:42:55 PM
Let his thread drop out of site for at least a few days - a week and then we can post that notice.

Nothing is technically wrong with Telan's thread, but it's not the kind of thing that you generally bring up on an internet messageboard. Especially one where most of the people don't know you/don't care. It's almost begging for derision.

Shawn
Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:51:51 AM
Arg.

http://img64.exs.cx/img64/6504/manhunt0.gif

Darth Viscera
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:26:37 AM
hrmph. well maybe no one will reply from there

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:14:21 PM
Dear GOD PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!

Darth Viscera
Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:23:00 PM
it seems pretty well stopped to me. it's just telan pity-jerking himself with only Jarek pouring fuel on the fire.

Darth Viscera
Oct 22nd, 2004, 02:04:01 PM
and now Shanania. crud. She's only encouraging his suicide threat drama.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:37:24 PM
i like what pierce said... hopefully they will heed that advice...

imported_Eve
Oct 22nd, 2004, 06:48:13 PM
The facts is that it isn't against the FAQ. I was hoping it would pass and then we could post our warning on another day, inbetween the dramas - so it doesn't look like we're singling Telan out. Really, many people are drama queens and it can be dangerous to post personal stuff.

While that thread is weird, I dislike when people chime in and negate it's purpose. It's done. He did it. He didn't violate any rule. Sure, we're uncomfortable and want to take steps to protect people from doing it in the future, but gah... Pierce.

I "love" it when people say they aren't taking part in a conversation or it doesn't matter to them, yet they keep posting. Couldn't you just leave it be? The guy is hurting anyway.

Sorry, it irritates me when anyone posts a thread and then people come in and ruin/hijack it.

In this case hijack happened.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:05:33 PM
I haven't posted because I couldn't contribute in a useful way.

Also, I think he is an overdramatic lying bitch.

Shawn
Oct 22nd, 2004, 07:11:26 PM
I won't justify what I posted. I feel like it's fair warning. He's bound to get responses that he doesn't necessarily want.

Edit: Didn't see the more recent posts. Blah.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:00:03 PM
I know Eve... kinda why I am staying away from the thread unless something seriously bad happens since I dont know what to do with the entire thing.

Darth Viscera
Oct 28th, 2004, 02:30:29 AM
uh, should i edit out his link to the thread at hell?

Morgan Evanar
Oct 28th, 2004, 09:19:04 AM
Nah, it just makes him look that much stupider.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2004, 12:27:50 PM
they're asking for it to be closed again. I was going to post "if you're done with the thread, simply stop posting," but instead I think I'm going to ignore it.

Darth Viscera
Oct 28th, 2004, 01:35:42 PM
well, the thing is though, what happens in hell should stay in hell. sorta like vegas. The first time you get one fuckstick linking to a meras thread and using that to bolster his "extreme serious business" OOC thread and intensify actual OOC drama, you start a chain reaction resulting in numerous such fucksticks following in his footsteps. What happens if Dalamar or that crazy woman and her new boyfriend take a trip to Hell, read through the thread which depicts them in a trailer trash sorta way, and come back to OOC to post a big "I've been made fun of unfairly on the internet!" thread?

Morgan Evanar
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:01:38 PM
SERIOUS BUSSINESS. SHUT THE FUCK UP TELAN.

Darth Viscera
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:02:47 PM
ok, now something else is going on. If I understand correctly, Telan is using the fact that Lion posted in the Hell thread to basically say that he's not RPing with the NR anymore. Here's what I'm getting from Lion through Meras PM:

Lion El' Jonson wrote on Today 03:38 PM:
Er, Visc, I've seriously fucked up, and now Telan has pulled his support from the Bestine IV threads...which means there won't be any Bestine IV threads unless I can convince him otherwise.

Darth Viscera wrote on Today 04:39 AM:
What happens in hell, stays in hell. Telan can't use anything you post in Hell against you at swfans.

Lion El' Jonson wrote on Today 03:41 PM:
Yes, but he's in Germany or something, so it's not as if we can force him to post.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:05:30 PM
Problem is... can we do anything about it? not really.. that is a matter that has to be clear between people off the forums =\

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2004, 04:18:45 PM
Remove the link, post an explaination about 'hell' AGAIN, and then close the threads. Have a discussion with Lion and the NR moderation staff. Heck, take it all to the Group Mods board.

Those are my reccomendations.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2004, 05:42:24 PM
Sample post to put in the group mods forum, to draw the discussion in there. Also - someone please talk to Lion so he doesn't commit hari kari over this..?

-----

If you haven't noticed, hell is non serious. Legimate points may come up. The topics invovled may (are likely to) be completely offensive. Hell takes an acceptance that the world is strange, and that next to nothing is sacred.

I humbly suggest (no) that if you don't like it, to leave and ignore the forum. Quite simply, anything goes. That specificly allows (and sometimes encourages) abuse from any other forum goers. There is no reason to be nice, or to be mean. There is no reason to post. There is no reason not to post.

In hell, we are all naked and visible to the world. Sometimes its ugly. Sometimes we might want to mock the pimples on your ass.

In short: you're on the internet. Get over it.

ran out of time on my lunch - will finish this later on my break

imported_Eve
Oct 28th, 2004, 06:19:53 PM
I don't see why any explanation of Hell is needed. Hell has been explained before, and it's a different board. No one ever explains the SA forums (as an example).

Right now Hell is a public forum, so things don't really STAY there. If you're going to talk shit there, live with the consequences. Also, saying that Hell isn't serious as a justification for the shit talking is not right. Yeah it's mostly joking, but there is truth at the heart of it in Telan's (and other's) case.

If Telan mixes OOC and IC that is dumb - is there anything in his group's FAQ that can assist the matter?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 28th, 2004, 07:41:45 PM
Originally posted by Eve
Right now Hell is a public forum, so things don't really STAY there. If you're going to talk shit there, live with the consequences. Also, saying that Hell isn't serious as a justification for the shit talking is not right. Yeah it's mostly joking, but there is truth at the heart of it in Telan's (and other's) case.

I agree.

I guess I won't finish up the post I was thinking about. If anyone thinks that my editing out of the link Telan posted was wrong, feel free to let me know, or just go ahead and put it back in. Or if the thread needs to be re-opened. I just didn't want the OOC forum to degenerate into an argument over something that happened at another board.

Something I wanted to post in the NR forum, but DIDN'T:

If I may offer my opinion, it seems people have gotten worked up over something that happened on another board. If there is to be arguing, do it there. RPing is IC, the 'incident' was OOC. Cardinal rule of RPing: keep IC and OOC separate.

If someone wishes to confuse the two and withdraw from a RP, that is their perrogative (can't spell), although it would be unfortunate.

If people wish to continue talking shit about other people, and excuse it as being "not serious and so it doesn't count," that is also their choice. Again, if it has happened on another board, then take your arguements to that board, or take it up with the administration of that board. I still think that this should be brought up in the group mods forum.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 29th, 2004, 03:33:58 PM
But is it going to help? I'm not sure if it will but we could give it a go

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 29th, 2004, 04:33:19 PM
it appears to have died down. I don't think we should poke a stick into the hornets nest at this point.

Shawn
Oct 29th, 2004, 07:37:27 PM
If you're going to talk shit there, live with the consequences. Also, saying that Hell isn't serious as a justification for the shit talking is not right.You misunderstand completely. It's not that Hell isn't serious, it's that the internet isn't serious. This is a perfect example of someone taking something on the internet far too seriously.

"Oh noes, some complete strangers on the internet said mean things about me :cry"

It's a satire of that. The exact reason that it's an open forum is because, when you hide it behind doors, it becomes "trah talking".

Darth Viscera
Oct 29th, 2004, 08:34:53 PM
^truth

imported_Eve
Oct 30th, 2004, 12:22:57 AM
You can satire my faults, but you're still making a negative comment about the way I am. No one ever satired anything to necessarily show his love for it. To satire is to make a point about something ridiculous.

You can satire like they do on SNL (in a political nature), or you (not you directly) can call someone a fag, asshole, liar, whatever was said. Each of which may be true but to say it is still to make a negative comment.

Do I have a misunderstanding of satire, or has Hell (in Telan's case) gone beyond that into shit talking?

My earlier (quoted) comments weren't meant to preach about the ethics of shit talking, I just think people should own up to the fact that is what it was. It's fine you said it - that's how you feel, but it is public and it did happen.

So, I stand by my statement (quoted above). You can't justify these comments because its a satire only for the judged ridiculous. In Telan's case, Hell became a shit talking forum. He reacted to it. And so he's an ass for being hurt and not understanding what Hell is? He understands people said some bad things about him and walked all over what he thought was a genuine personal problem. Honestly, I'd be hurt too, and double hurt if those who said it dodged responsibility by saying there were just satiring me.

Shawn
Oct 30th, 2004, 12:48:18 AM
I personally didn't make any comments in that thread other than posting my little image macro, which was just to express my frutration at the shitstorm that I knew was to come.

My point was simply that, if you feel hurt by something said about you on the internet - by people you haven't even talked to, no less - then you're taking it far too seriously. And there you have the ridiculousness of it. Getting upset at something said in Hell is just validating its existance; It's like tossing fuel on a fire.

I'm not trying to argue or defend anything here, because I have nothing to defend. I'm just trying my best to explain what it is.

Darth Viscera
Oct 30th, 2004, 03:02:15 AM
Anyways, IMHO the best thing we can do right now is to post that Word from the Staff thread that was mentioned in post #12 so that it might stop drama threads from being posted in the future.

As to the ImpSov-NR hiatus on posting, if we the staff want to resolve that, the only method I can see that will work is confronting Matt, explaining to him why the things he's done hitherto make him an asshat, explaining to him what he can do in the future in order not to be deemed an asshat and consequently be ridiculed in Hell, and asking that he not take it out on Lion.

IMO, it would take several epiphanies on Matt's part, each of them life-altering in strength, to accomplish this, and it's improbable that he'll listen, because he always believes he holds the moral high ground, and is consequently very very stubborn.

Or we could just say ignore the hiatus, or see if Lion can get someone else from ImpSov who's active to do the RP in Matt's place.