PDA

View Full Version : mods

James Prent
Oct 18th, 2004, 04:34:17 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37063 Who is Dillin Gack?? I think this isn't kosher.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:23:43 PM
No idea o_O

:: goes to looky ::

Rognan Dar
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:44:49 PM
I know who it is. But I dont know if it is my place to say for sure. But since this is OOC I guess it doesn't matter to much, because I had the s ame thought, James.

Dillin is suppose to be hired by Rivin/Talzen to infultrate the Jedi order and get as much info as he could. Resulting, (JH if you read the Chandrila thraed) Rivin knows much about Rog because he has been getting into his plans.

Besides for him being a snitch, I dont have much else. I can point out other characters played by the same person in case you wanted to PM them.

Kyle Krogen
Oct 18th, 2004, 08:12:17 PM
Thought I add a few things

Unless Dillin had Mod/Admin Permission to be here then he should not since infiltration as said in the FAQs, is against the rules....

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:29:45 PM
Originally posted by Kyle Krogen
Thought I add a few things

Unless Dillin had Mod/Admin Permission to be here then he should not since infiltration as said in the FAQs, is against the rules....

yep, finding out such things and the mods are discussing it :)

Shade Magus
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:42:57 PM
not another one.

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 19th, 2004, 09:51:49 AM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33146&

Dillin is one of my character and he was recruted. there is the recrutment thread.

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33250

And another thread that already questioned him being in the GJO.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 19th, 2004, 12:48:36 PM
Okay, that much we figured out that much... please read the PM I am going to be sending to you after I post this

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 19th, 2004, 12:56:27 PM
PM read, and understood. :)

James Prent
Oct 20th, 2004, 12:52:19 AM
I was mainly wondering about him using the force in such an advanced way, if he has no training whatsoever.

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:24:38 AM
Dillin's first post in his recrutment thread.

Dillin walks into the GJO recrutment center, trying to think about what he should tell the people here... He does have a small amount of force training but not much and only on the darkside. Though he does know how to block his thoughts from being picked up by other force users, and he is doing that right now.

Rognan Dar
Oct 20th, 2004, 12:49:19 PM
Yes, but even with that, it would be hard to hide his thoughts or intentions completely from anyone. For with that 'small amount of force training' he couldn't have gotten to good with it. And even if he was a master, not everything is hidden. It would just take longer.

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 20th, 2004, 05:49:54 PM
I'm not saying that it's fool proof, in fact I have no problem with what Wei said in the current thread with Dillin, basicly going along the lines of, Dilling can fool a padawan, but Wei could tell that something was not right.

I'm sure at futher inspection, it would not take much for a knight to get into his mind. It's more so that His thought and intentions are hidden from a casual mind probe, really anybody that was trying to get into his mind would come ageinst resistance but with persistance they could get in.

Rognan Dar
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:17:45 PM
Ok, I can take that, and I thought that you were letting it be open a bit. But when I read it, as I do with many things, I look to what is being said. And what it said (to the best of my knowing) is that he blocked out his thoughts from anyone trying to search it. Thats a loose quote, and maybe be wrong. Thats just how I read it.

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 21st, 2004, 10:21:38 AM
It's more like that he blocked out his thoughts from anyone trying to do a passive search of his mind. It's more so that if he is just walking down the hall people don't just catch his thoughts, with out really wanting to try. Though he would likely be able to stop a padawan from getting in, unless the padawan speclises in mind abilities.

James Prent
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:21:18 PM
No one should be able to just passively catch someone's thoughts anyway, imo, except a mentalist.

Rognan Dar
Oct 21st, 2004, 07:59:13 PM
Agreed. I never said they can. Emotions would be easyer to pick up then real thoughts unless there was a great emotional link between people through the force. But they can pick up on lies, or so I have read. Its not to much mind reading as it is what they do and how they express things.