PDA

View Full Version : Practice can hurt, but not me(Open)

Ida Knoe
Oct 14th, 2004, 10:41:12 AM
Ida was being a bad girl again. but what else was new. She was board, and she needed to find a way to practice, so here she is sitting near a supply closet for the training grounds, at a communications termnal calling up random servents of TSO, and with the help of the force she is mimicing the voices of some of the knights and master at The Order, and she is ordering them to fetch or put back things in the supply closet she is sitting near.

As the people walk past her she uses the force to ether throw them away from the door, make them forget what they were going to get, and if nether of those work to her liking, and they seldom did, She lit there clothing on fire. She knows she is not supose to be doing this, but it sure is fun!

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 14th, 2004, 02:56:08 PM
A man, a minor Adept, stormed off wordless with his beard on fire. A few minutes later, he returned, bearing with him a young man. Well, then again, not exactly 'bearing with'. More like 'following'. 'Deferring to', even.

Je'gan Olra'en was not amused. His old training partner Respyrin had come to the supply cupboad in question believing that he was to be involved in the training of one of Je'gan's Apprentices, Phoenix Whyte. He had been greeted by a munchkin who - even at her tender age - possessed a greater skill in the Force than he himself. Thus, he'd come for Je'gan.

Still walking towards Ida, the Sith Knight's hand came up and tendrils of infinite black shot out, pinioning her by the throat and lifting her high off the ground. He wasn't terribly mad, so the burning effect of Shadow was reduced to a fraction of what it could be...but it wouldn't be comfortable.

"Who's your Master, kid?"

Ida Knoe
Oct 14th, 2004, 03:04:21 PM
Ida started acting all innocent when Je'gan started to approch her, though she was suprised when all of a sudden she was pulled off of her feet and lifted High into the air.

Ida starts to struggle, both by flailing her arms and legs, and also by struggling for air. After a few moments she gets enough air to Squeek out her master's name..

"South...star..."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 14th, 2004, 03:10:52 PM
The tendrils whipped back to his hand, coiling around his forearm. Ida dropped unceremoniously to the floor.

"If he's your Master, then he's taught you better than this. He's also taught you respect for your elders, which people like Respyrin here definitely are.

"Choose your chastisement. You're old enough to know the right penalty for messing with the Order. And no, I don't mean death. We save that for when our members prove that they're children."

The implication, driven home with the Force, was probably not lost.

Ida Knoe
Oct 14th, 2004, 03:15:49 PM
Ida was frightend. She didn't know what to do, or what to say. She just curled up on the floor, gasping for air, but after a few moments or so she speeks up.

"I...I wasn't doing anything.... I was just sitting here, watching people... I didn't do anything wrong!"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 14th, 2004, 03:22:53 PM
He squatted in front of her, taking care to amp up physical enhancement just in case, cornered, she tried to kick him or something.

"I'm a mentalist, Ida Knoe. That means I can read just about anybody's mind, all but the most powerful or specialized Lords and Masters. I can tell when people lie. What you've just done is lied to a good friend of your Master's. He wouldn't be pleased with that..."

Ida Knoe
Oct 14th, 2004, 03:29:34 PM
busted Ida thought to herself. She still didn't know what to say thought, but that didn't stop her from talking.

"I... I was just playing! It's not like I was liting them on Fire! It was only their clothing! I didn't relise I got a sith, I thought it was just another stupid servent!"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 14th, 2004, 06:12:26 PM
"'It' is a good friend of mine."

He stood again, looking down at her, his face inscrutable.

Ida Knoe
Oct 15th, 2004, 10:59:00 AM
"I didn't Know that! I'm sorry I was just trying to learn how to push people better, or affect their minds, but when I was not doing it right I just got fed up and burned them, cause I know how to do that! I was just having fun! And trying to learn! I didn't know I was hurting a sith!"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 15th, 2004, 11:22:35 AM
"I've been maligned by people who didn't know who and what I am," he replied. "I've changed that, as was my due, and exacted penalties. Respyrin."

"Yessir?"

"Come here a moment." His attention returned to Ida. "If you'd been hurt by someone who didn't know you were Sith, I assume you'd disabuse them of the notion. Correct?"

Ida Knoe
Oct 15th, 2004, 12:25:38 PM
Ida was confused, and not really sure what Je'gan was trying to say, but she nods her head in agreement anyway.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 15th, 2004, 12:54:41 PM
He restrained a sigh as her confusion came through.

This is why you don't spend time around kids, remember, Jeeg?

"In other words...you'd make sure they didn't think you were harmless. I assume you've learned at least that much?"

Ida Knoe
Oct 15th, 2004, 12:59:21 PM
Now that she was understanding she nods rapidly.

"Yup! I've killed people just cause they called me a helpless little kid. I make sure people know I am not harmless!" Ida says rather proud of herself.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 15th, 2004, 01:08:48 PM
He smiled, wolfishly.

"Meet Respyrin, Ida. Would you suggest that he kill you?"

Ida Knoe
Oct 15th, 2004, 01:21:29 PM
Ida gets a worried look on her face...

"I'm... No I don't think he should kill me... But I never said that he was helpless! I just pranked him like I was everybody that went to the supply locker!"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 15th, 2004, 01:31:14 PM
"Pranks..."

At a wave of the Knight's hand, Respyrin - still smoldering - left, leaving Je'gan and Ida alone in the corridor.

"The Force isn't for pranks."

Ida Knoe
Oct 15th, 2004, 02:26:15 PM
"But... But... I was trying to use the Pranks to learn more! Is that really a bad thing!"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 15th, 2004, 04:18:40 PM
"Yes. It is. Your learning should be supervised by your Master, otherwise you're likely to kill yourself. You're messing with pyrokinesis, kid! There are few techniques that are more dangerous!"

Ida Knoe
Oct 15th, 2004, 04:46:01 PM
Ida grins slightly.

"Your just over reacting. I guess that's what OLD people are best at doing.... It's not like I was REALLY hurting anybody!"

Ida pulls out her switch blade.

"Next thing I know your going to be telling me that it's not safe from me to have this and take it away from me! OH NO IT COULD PUT SOMEBODYS EYE OUT! Shesh can a girl have any fun around here!"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 16th, 2004, 06:52:02 PM
The knife exploded.

"That weapon," he said calmly, "was a toy. That's the kind of plaything you should be associating with. The Force is not for play. If you want to learn the Force, don't play with it."

Ida Knoe
Oct 16th, 2004, 07:32:39 PM
Supprise flashes across Ida's eyes as her switch blade is blown up. Though the looks of suprise was quickly replaced by a firey look of anger.

"You distroyed MY knife! Do you have ANY Idea how many times THAT Knife has saved my life! Do you have ANY Idea how many people that TOY has gutted! You are going to pay for that! YOU WILL PAY!!"

As Ida finishes her yelling she unleashes her anger into her Fires and in turn Unleashes her Fires at Je'gan, causing intence gouts of flame to eurupt from the floor directly around and under Je'gan.

OOC:FYI, I have nothing agienst you. I am just responding how the character would have responded. If you had not guessed, That knife ment alot to Ida.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 16th, 2004, 11:06:05 PM
OOC/ As I would have expected from an experienced RP'er. No worries.:)

IC/

The hear seared his clothing and his skin, flames licking at his calves over his boot-tops. He dropped into the deep focus.

Je'gan had little affinity for energy manipulation. None, in fact. But perversely, that had driven him to perfect his limited skill in that regard. As Ida's fires grew hotter, he was already locking into the individual molecules that made up the fuel and sucking energy from them. The fires stopped growing, reversed, and in less than thirty seconds were entirely gone.

His eyes, closed to aid focus on the task of stopping Ida's flames, opened to again regard the younger Sith.

"You would have had to give it up anyways if it wasn't a toy. It's simply an ineffective weapon. You should be using a lightsaber, even a training one that burns rather than cuts." Right up your alley went unsaid.

Ida Knoe
Oct 17th, 2004, 11:39:09 AM
Ida was still very mad, in fact even madder then before since Je'gan stoped her fire. Though she did get some pleasure seeing that she at least hurt the knight that broker her switch blade.

"Don't think I wouldn't use a lightsaber if I had one! or knew how to make one! but I have yet to see a lightsaber that could effectivly gut a living person, slowly and painfuly as the person bleeds to death! And since I don't have a lightsaber, You just ruined my only weapon other than my fires!"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 18th, 2004, 05:04:19 PM
"Weapons are for killing, kid. If you want a lightsaber so much, I suggest you start studying."

Ida Knoe
Oct 19th, 2004, 09:27:18 AM
Ida give Je'gan a slightly indignant look.

"Well I was trying to study and practice, but YOU came and stoped me!"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:26:37 PM
"You missed my point."

Ida Knoe
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:37:47 PM
Ida Rolls her eyes...

"Shesh! Adults! First they tell you not to practice! Then they tell you that you need to practice, and when you go and tell the that you were, they go and tell you that you don't understand!"

Ida looks up at Je'gan

"Alright Mr. I-Know-Everything-Better-Than-You Waht is this magical mythical point that I, Little-Miss-Know-Nothing, Have failed to grasp!"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 19th, 2004, 05:29:27 PM
"Studying is something you can do without your Master. Practice, which includes your pyrokinetic escapades, should be done in a more...official setting, say out in the training grounds. It's safer that way - people will see that you're training and that you haven't gone insane and started lashing out around you. You're lucky you didn't run into my brother: he's got a bad mood lately, and even though he only looks like a servant, he specializes in destructive telekinesis. He'd be one of the first to think you'd gone batty and take appropriate measures. Others - many of my Apprentices, for example - would be somewhat less kind.

"Safety is the first thing someone like you should consider."

Ida Knoe
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:12:24 AM
Ida sighs.

"Okay! okay! I Get your point! I'll just go and walk back to me room and be board..."

Ida goes to start to walk off towards her room.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:11:51 AM
"What else can you do?" he asked. "Besides fires and eviscerations - gutting, that is - what can you do?"

Ida Knoe
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:15:13 AM
Ida looks back at Je'gan

"Well not much. I can nudge thing with the force enough to turn out a light. I can... Can... I can swing a lightsaber like a club, since I'm not use to using such a long blade. And... That's about it."

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 20th, 2004, 11:52:33 AM
"Ever tried making yourself stronger? Or faster?"

Ida Knoe
Oct 21st, 2004, 10:13:25 AM
Ida thinks for a moment.

"I don't thing I have ever tried... I wouldn't even know how to start trying"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 21st, 2004, 10:30:23 AM
"Simple enough...push the Dark Side, non-harmfully, into whatever part of you you want made better. Your legs if you want to run or jump, your eyes if you want to see, and your whole body if you want to lift something or fight."

Ida Knoe
Oct 21st, 2004, 11:27:39 AM
Ida goes to try and push the darkside into one of her arm, but she just has a hard time getting it to stay there. Though after a few moments she thinks she has it, and goes to punch at Je'gan. He could easly stop the attack. The punch is a bit stronger that she normal could punch, but if her punch was caught in a person's hand it would feal like a baseball would going into a catchers glove on a fast pitch. AKA it woild only sting a little.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:03:31 PM
He caught the punch handily, blinking, then laughing.

Ida Knoe
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:13:02 PM
"What!"

Ida said as she was being laughed at.

"I think I did good for a first try!"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:27:48 PM
"No, not that," he chuckled. "And yes, you did well. It's just that most Sith of your caliber start by trying to do a backflip or run up a wall or something. Punching a Sith Knight..."

And he kept chuckling.

Ida Knoe
Oct 22nd, 2004, 10:03:53 AM
"So what I punched you! What's so funny about that! I knew that I wouldn't be able to really hurt you with a punch."

Accualy Ida din't know that She wouln't hurt Him, but she didn't want to seem like a weakling.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 22nd, 2004, 11:51:03 AM
The laughter stopped as Ida's thoughts became clear.

"Ah...so that's how it is..."

Ida Knoe
Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:46:34 PM
"How what is! Were in my Mind again! You better not have been! you better explain you comment!"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 22nd, 2004, 08:50:58 PM
"I'm always in everybody's mind, with a few notable exceptions. It's what I do. Comment-wise...well, you probably know what you were thinking better than I do."

Ida Knoe
Oct 25th, 2004, 09:32:01 AM
"Well what ever you think, I'm not a wimpy girl! I can Kill people just as good as anybody else!"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 25th, 2004, 12:51:01 PM
"You probably can, at that...

"Go on. Try to kill me."

Ida Knoe
Oct 25th, 2004, 02:32:39 PM
Ida Laughs.

"I may be a kid but I'm not stupid! I'm not about to try and kill a knight! If I did, you would likely kill me before I could finish you, and even if I did win, the I would be killed by the elders for taking out a TSO member! And plus, If you don't remember, you exploded my knife!!"

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 25th, 2004, 04:10:37 PM
He cocked an eyebrow, smirking slightly. 'Oh, so you CAN learn' came through...clearly.

"Then I'll be seeing you."

Ida Knoe
Oct 25th, 2004, 04:15:51 PM
Ida just turns around and walk off down the hallway back towards her room.