PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers: Episode 3 teaser banner?

JMK
Oct 14th, 2004, 10:00:40 AM
This image was posted at TF.N yesterday...it looks legit, and is in the same vein as the Anakin teaser from Episode 1.

The picture isn't great, but you'll get the idea.

darth_mcbain
Oct 14th, 2004, 10:40:49 AM
I like it a lot - his expression is great, and the outline of the figure is the Vader we all know and love... I agree, it looks legit to me.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 15th, 2004, 02:21:47 PM
NICE

:) I like it.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 15th, 2004, 06:45:01 PM
I really like it, looks very cool.

Droo
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:18:28 PM
Doubt it is legit. Why would it just have Episode III as a title instead of Revenge of the Sith?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 20th, 2004, 01:31:55 AM
Why not?

Charley
Oct 20th, 2004, 01:07:00 PM
Because Lucas is a slave to marketing and there's no way he'd flub getting the brand name out the door.

JMK
Oct 20th, 2004, 03:34:36 PM
Originally posted by Charley
Because Lucas is a slave to marketing and there's no way he'd flub getting the brand name out the door.

As much as he loves marketing, he loves consistency even more. Neither teaser poster for the 2 prequels had the title on them, regardless of whether he actually knew the title or not, which I'm sure he did.

darth_mcbain
Oct 28th, 2004, 09:34:21 PM
From the official site, the official teaser poster is here...

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/release/promo/news20041028.html

I think it is pretty cool - it will be awesome to start seeing the poster up around theaters soon!

Jarek T'chort
Oct 29th, 2004, 05:53:49 AM
That's pretty crappy looking. I'd have preferred an OT style poster - the outlines of Obi Wan and Anakin fighting over the lava with the shape of Vaders helmet behind. That poster just looks a little silly with the giant face.

Master Yoghurt
Oct 29th, 2004, 06:11:50 AM
I dont know why, but when I look at that picture, I start thinking of Dark Helmet in Spaceballs.

JMK
Oct 29th, 2004, 07:01:49 AM
Thumbs down from me. Maybe it looks better in a large format, but I think as a teaser, that sucks. It's not that the art sucks, or that the idea sucks (well maybe a little), but that this isn't something I see as a teaser at all. In fact I like the image I originally posted instead as a teaser poster.

3/10 :(

imported_QuiGonJ
Oct 29th, 2004, 07:29:28 AM
Yogs, you aren't the only one. Is Hayden going to become Dave Prowse or Rick Moranis?

darth_mcbain
Oct 29th, 2004, 08:35:45 AM
Originally posted by JMK
Thumbs down from me. Maybe it looks better in a large format, but I think as a teaser, that sucks. It's not that the art sucks, or that the idea sucks (well maybe a little), but that this isn't something I see as a teaser at all. In fact I like the image I originally posted instead as a teaser poster.

3/10 :(

I do think the poster is pretty cool, but I agree - I like the original one you posted much better...

Droo
Oct 29th, 2004, 04:13:05 PM
I don't like it. It looks like the cover to a crappy comic book. :\

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 29th, 2004, 04:35:44 PM
It looks like they tried to cross-breed the Jedi robes with Vader's helmet, with disasterous results. :x

Jinn Fizz
Oct 29th, 2004, 11:23:04 PM
WIthout a doubt the worst poster ever done for a Star Wars movie. It's just downright fugly.

>_<

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 29th, 2004, 11:53:57 PM
I like it but hey thats just my opinion.

darth_mcbain
Oct 30th, 2004, 05:00:34 PM
I like it too - not my absolute favorite, but it is pretty cool. There's a neat article on TFN

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/index.shtml#25064

where people have reported seeing additional images of characters in the poster. I can definitely make most of them out - although some do require a little imagination. Interestingly, there is one that I think is pretty obvious that they haven't found yet (or at least haven't reported...) If you look right under Vader's eye in Anakin's cloak, there is a whitish patch that looks like a ghostly image of General Greivous. Kinda neat... :)

darth_mcbain
Oct 30th, 2004, 07:59:38 PM
Actually, I just saw the Emperor in there - it was a little tricky to see, but now that I found it I can't un-see it... Pretty neat - three of the main villians are in there - Haven't found Dooku yet...

Jinn Fizz
Oct 30th, 2004, 09:02:26 PM
I checked out those images at TFN, and I think it's a major stretch. If there's a face on the upper right portion of the Vader helmet, it looks more like The Grinch than anything else. Overall, I think some people have had just a wee bit too much time on their hands ;).

Eh, it's like looking at a tortilla and seeing Jesus's face. It's basically a glorified Rorschach test. And even if all this stuff is really there and intentional, I still think it's a pretty darn ugly poster.

darth_mcbain
Oct 30th, 2004, 11:06:13 PM
I agree with the "face" on the upper right part of the helmet - there is definitely something there, but I don't think it really looks like Grievous at all. As for the image under Vader's eye, though, I think that's him for sure...

darth_mcbain
Oct 31st, 2004, 12:13:06 AM
Ok - while I was waiting for a software compile I've been looking this over and I possibly found Dooku - just to the right of Vader's eye (above the image of Greivous, there seems to be a cloaked figure looking to the left. It could also be Obi-Wan - although I personally think it resembles Dooku a bit more...

Master Yoghurt
Oct 31st, 2004, 05:29:46 AM
I checked out those images at TFN, and I think it's a major stretch. If there's a face on the upper right portion of the Vader helmet, it looks more like The Grinch than anything else. Overall, I think some people have had just a wee bit too much time on their hands

Excactly my thoughts. Good grief :lol

Droo
Oct 31st, 2004, 03:15:02 PM
Absolute nonsense. There's nothing there - looks like people are out to try and convince themselves that there's actually more to this crap poster only to find that it actually is... a crap poster.

darth_mcbain
Oct 31st, 2004, 03:39:58 PM
Am I the only one seeing these things? I'll admit some of them need a little imagination, but some of them, notably the Greivous image, are (at least to me) clear as day once I've seen them.

Cyrel Annat
Oct 31st, 2004, 03:46:15 PM
I looked at it for about 5 minutes and I saw nothing. Then again, I could never see those stupid little art posters where they have a bunch of junk thrown together that's supposed to make a sailboat. I just saw a bunch of junk.

darth_mcbain
Oct 31st, 2004, 03:58:45 PM
Ok - I'm going to try to post an image of what I'm seeing.

http://www.geocities.com/darthmcbain/20041028_1_bg.bmp

Droo
Oct 31st, 2004, 06:57:36 PM
Please, lay off the drugs!

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 31st, 2004, 07:56:30 PM
:p I finally figured out that it's supposed to be Anakin's cloak billowing out behind him, with a vader face in it... and perhaps other faces. It's not as bad as I originally thought, but it still looks like the Star Wars Teaser Poster People were trying too hard to be clever.

I can sort of see Dooku and the Emperor, although for a poster - they're making us work WAY too hard to see the images.

Kyashi
Oct 31st, 2004, 11:20:03 PM
Two words....magic eye.

That poster is really ugly, and I thought the same thing you did when you first saw it, LD. :lol

Cyrel Annat
Oct 31st, 2004, 11:30:05 PM
Those circles help a bit since I was really struggling to see anything at all in those. Then again, I think they're reaching a bit.

If you really wanna stretch things, you can "see" Prince Xizor to the right of the Emperor's yellow circle.

Droo
Nov 1st, 2004, 07:46:07 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
:p I finally figured out that it's supposed to be Anakin's cloak billowing out behind him, with a vader face in it... and perhaps other faces. It's not as bad as I originally thought, but it still looks like the Star Wars Teaser Poster People were trying too hard to be clever.

You mean to say you didn't actually see the enormous Vader face in the billowing cloak when you first saw the poster? Are you blind, woman?

JMK
Nov 1st, 2004, 07:53:03 AM
I saw the story on tf.n last week. I see Greivous, but nothing else. Maybe that's my problem, but I still see this as an awful teaser poster.

darth_mcbain
Nov 1st, 2004, 09:10:05 AM
I don't love the poster - I don't hate it either, it's just kind of so-so for me. But I do think it is cool that there's more to it than meets the eye.

For what it's worth, I looked at the image on another PC and it was actually pretty tough to see the Dooku image. If you're having trouble it might help to increase the brightness and/or contrast on your monitor.

Droo
Nov 1st, 2004, 08:01:39 PM
There's nothing there, I don't know why you're all kidding yourselves. :\

Charley
Nov 1st, 2004, 09:51:56 PM
It's just a poster, guys.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 2nd, 2004, 01:50:36 AM
Thanks Dru, but from my first post it's obvious I saw the Vader face, but didn't understand that it was supposed to be 'hidden' in a cloak. I thought Anakin was hiding behind a very weird Vader face.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 2nd, 2004, 09:02:53 AM
Yeah I can see Grievious but I stopped looking for more after that. I like the poster but that is me. I don't think it is the best of the prequels but I don't think it hurts the movie or anything.