PDA

View Full Version : Home at Last? (Open)

Oriadin
Oct 13th, 2004, 04:53:02 PM
There was a cool breeze in the air. Fresh and bright like spring. Today had been a day Oriadin had long awaited. His return to the Jedi Order. He looked out his Jedi attire and set off for home.

Once he arrived he decided to make straight for the Bar & Grill. First place you'd think to catch up with old friends and aquaintances.

The place seemed different to when he'd been here last somehow. It was much quieter for a start. When he left the Order, a long time ago the place was bustling with new force sensitive hopefulls, but now, there was an air of a kind of break down in the system. He approached the door to the bar and grill to find new security guards. Of course they didnt recognise that he was a Jedi Knight and so asked for him to leave his weapons before entering. He did so without fuss. He only had his lightsaber on him anyways.

His travels had demanded that he construct himself a new lightsaber. It was unusually light, of a reasonable size but designed very simply. Some would argue it looked old fashioned, while others would argue it looked very modern. It was very well built, and was obviously built by someone very skilled in the force.

In Oridin went. The smell of the place brought back many many memories. Encounters he'd had with friends and new faces. Now he would probably seem like a new face to many in there.

He walked over to the bar and ordered himself an ice water, just like old times. A slight smile appeared on his face, before quickly dissapearing again. He made for an empty table with a couple of crooked looking chairs, and there he sat watching as others passed him by and went about their own business.

Still, now he was home.

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 14th, 2004, 10:23:13 AM
Shanaria was in the B&G. She had been there all night. This had been the way of things for her on and off of a while. But that didn't really matter anymore now as it had when she started drinking late last night. Shanaria had just gotten out of the washroom and was worknig her way back to the Bar when she slips and land in Oriadin's lap.

"ohh... Yello! How'r youu doing!" Shanaria says as she looks up at Oriadin from his lap. "Don't I know youu?"

Oriadin
Oct 15th, 2004, 12:10:03 PM
Oriadin placed his hands on the females hips and gently lifted her off of his lap. He did not mean to be rude at all, but her advances made the Knight feel uncomfortable.

"Quite Possibly", the Jedi replied.

"I am Oriadin, a Jedi Knight from the order before you joined... Shanaria if Im not mistaken. I remember seeing you about before I left. How are things with you? Things seem very quiet about here in recent times."

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 15th, 2004, 12:38:31 PM
Shanaria stumbles to the seet across from Oriadin.

"Oh! Yah I remumber you! you were with the council!" Shanaria says, obvously intoxicated. "I don't really know why it's so quiet here, I'm not really payn attention to much except the work I've been doin in the lower levels."

Shanaria was so drunk, she was having a hard time sitting up straight, in fact she falls out of her seet and lands on the floor laughing

"Oops!*laughing* I falled..."

James Prent
Oct 15th, 2004, 02:32:09 PM
"Here, let me help you." James squatted down beside Shanaria, taking her elbow gently in her small hands. "We should probably get ya back t' your quarters." The petite Knight looked up at Oriadin, smiling apologetically.

"It's been a while, Oriadin..." James nodded at the man who'd been the first to accept her into the Order, years ago. She turned her attention back to the hysterically laughing Padawan, and began pulling her up to her feet. I'm goin' to have to tell Dasquian about this behavior...

Oriadin
Oct 15th, 2004, 03:13:49 PM
Oriadin remembered all of his training as if it had been taught yesterday. He knew that Shanaria should be mindfull of all that goes on, and not just the job she was doing at the time. The fact that she was so very drunk didnt impress Oriadin either, although he couldnt say much on the subject after an inident with Sejah once because of alcohol.

Thankfully another familiar face appeared.

"Ah... James Prent. Its been a long time. How are things with you."

Seeing James again made Oriadin take more note of how time had passed and how things had changed. Especially how Oriadin had changed within himself. He was a different man to the one who left the order a long time ago.

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 15th, 2004, 04:39:30 PM
As Shanaria was being helped to her feet She smiles up at James with a goofy grin on her face.

"awww... Do I have to go bach to ma room? I'm having fun here..."

Once Shanaria is back on her feet she goes to take a step, but only starts to fall back to the floor.

James Prent
Oct 15th, 2004, 06:33:21 PM
James kept smiling as Shanaria slurred her question, trying not to notice the padawan's alchohol laden breath. Just as she got the much taller woman on her feet, Shanaria tilted off balance once more. The newly appointed knight caught her with the Force and held her upright and in place while she answered Oriadin's question.

"How're things with me? Well... interesting would be the word I'd use to describe it. Very interesting. O'course, you've been gone a while, what have you been up to?" James smiled cheerfully as she tucked herself under Shanaria's arm, ready to hold her up as she released the blue skinned girl from the hold of the Force.

Oriadin
Oct 16th, 2004, 09:55:32 AM
A glassy look came over Oriadins eyes. He tried to release a warm kinda happy smile but he wasnt ready to tell the truth about what he'd been up to since his last appearence at the Jedi order. It was still... to painfull.

"Oh you know, this and that. Trying to keep out of trouble."

Oriadin could sense a huge difference in the young Jedi before him. She was obviously stronger in the force, but there was more of a glow about her now. He felt she had achived something and his instinct said it could have been a promotion to Knight. He said nothing about it though, just incase he was wrong. His instincts were usually good though.

He turned to look at Shanaria...

"Oh dear. And how have you managed to get in such a state?"

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 16th, 2004, 02:13:10 PM
Shanaria really didn't seem to care one way or another weather she was standing, sitting or lying on the floor, though it was nice of James to hold her up.

"You'r a reeely nice person..." Shanaria says to James, "It hurts when the floor jumps up and punches me, Thank you for stoping it."

Then she hears Oriadin ask her how she got like this She look up at him as best she can.

"I don't know! I was only havin a few drinks, and the were only ciders, not anythin hard..."

A waitress walks past and wispers to Oriadin... "Few, meening 15 in the last hour and a half"

James Prent
Oct 16th, 2004, 06:41:18 PM
James heard the whispered aside to Oriadin, and couldn't help but wonder how long it would take for fifteen glasses of liquid to travel completely through the blue padawan's body. "Maybe we should make a stop by the refresher, Shanaria?"

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:24:03 AM
"Naaa, I just gotten out when I bumped in to Orian...Oriadnic.... This guy."

Oriadin
Oct 18th, 2004, 12:20:36 PM
"Perhaps it might be wise to call it a night Shanaria? Looks like you need to sleep it off."

Oriadin wasnt as patient as he had once been. In fact, things were very different for him now. He saw many things in a different light.

"Tell me, who is on the council these days. I suppose I should make a trip and tell them where I have been. I guess I have a lot of explaining to do..."

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 18th, 2004, 12:33:27 PM
One of the waitress that wispered to Oriadin comes back over again, saying "I just got off my shift, I'll take her back to her room. it is kinda my falut she's like this. I was the one serving her"

The waitress goes to support Shanaria, and looks to james to see if she was going to let go.

Shanaria on the other hand didn't really care what she did, thought she did like the idea of bed.

James Prent
Oct 18th, 2004, 12:56:08 PM
James looked a little relieved as the waitress offered to take over, but shook her head. "Nope, they won't let any but Jedi into the living quarters without a special pass..." Shanaria was awfully heavy though, leaning most of her weight on the smaller Jedi. "...But I could write you a note so someone else will take her up to her room."

The knight helped shift the padawan's weight onto the waitress, and then quickly tapped out a note on a datapad she pulled from her pocket. "Here, give this to whoever greets you at the gates, they'll know what to do. Thank you."

Shanaria Fabool
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:40:49 PM
"Alright Thanks." the waitress says as she takes the pad, and starts to walk off with Shanaria back to the Jedi LQ.

Oriadin
Oct 18th, 2004, 05:37:56 PM
Oriadin grinned as Shanaria left. It was kind of funny to see someone like that, albeit a Jedi. It had been a while since Oriadin smiled last, so Shanaria offered a welcome relief.

It was now Oriadin realised he was alone with James.

"Please, wont you sit down. Can I get you something to drink. Tell me whats been going on around here, and going on in your life. I sense a big difference in you since we last spoke."

James Prent
Oct 18th, 2004, 06:21:24 PM
After Shanaria left, James seemed to deflate a little. There had been much change in her life, but she wasn't ready to share all of it with others. "Sure. I mean, yeah, a drink would be nice. No alchohol though!"

She slid across the table from Oriadin, and leaned on her elbows. "Ah, I'd like a virgin namana slide, if that's okay."

Oriadin
Oct 19th, 2004, 03:04:14 PM
Oriadin looked at her for a moment before speaking.

"Sounds interesting!"[i]

He asked the waitress as she went passed to get the drink James had asked for.

[i]"This place certainly has changed. I hardly recognise anyone here any more... and of course, there is no where near the numbers that were once here. Its good to see a friendly face James. Ive seen some terrible things and been through some terrible things in recent times."

Oriadin quickly noticed he was telling her more than he felt comfortable with at the moment and quickly picked up his glass of water to try and cover up what he'd just said somewhat.

OOC:

Just to give you a heads up, Im probably not going to be able to reply much after tonight, if at all until the weekend. Got an exam on thursday that ive got to travel to.

James Prent
Oct 20th, 2004, 01:10:49 AM
She chuckled softly as he pointed out that she'd not answered his last question. "Yeah, there's been a lotta change. After the attack on the living quarters, things have been really quiet, and serious around here. A lot of the Jedi are off planet, training on Yavin IV or on diplomatic missoins..."

James stuck two fingers in her short hair and twisted it a bit until her drink arrived. "Anyway, I guess what I'm sayin' is that you're not alone in the 'goin' through terrible things.'" And I don't really wanna talk about it yet, either. She brightened a bit, trying to think of something to say that would lighten the mood. "Ah, but I was raised to full Jedi knight a month or so ago."

Oriadin
Oct 22nd, 2004, 04:03:49 AM
Oriadin couldnt belive what he'd just heard... an attack on the Jedi living quarters? James didnt seem to dwell on the subject for long and so Oriadin felt that would have to be something he found out a little more about another time.

"Jedi Knight eh? How long have I been gone!?"

Oriadin laughed.

"It only seems like yesterday that I first came across you... and now your a Knight. Well congratulations! Who was your master?"

He didnt feel he needed to pester James for the terrible things that had been happening to her. If she wanted to tell him and felt comfortable to do so then that would be fine. There were things he didnt wish to share with anyone at this time, so he respected her privacy.

James Prent
Oct 22nd, 2004, 02:20:21 PM
She could tell he was surprised about the <a href=http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35255>attack</a>, but she didn't want to go into it. He could find someone else to tell him about it.

"My master was Salemn Lysce, however, she is away from the Temple indefinetely now. Master D'an was very helpful in my training as well." James sipped her drink.

ooc: Ori - the RPs that follow the attack aren't completed, but I didn't have a place in my 'timeline' to put this RP except *after* them. So James isn't talking about it because it hasn't been RPed yet. ;) /ic:

Oriadin
Oct 23rd, 2004, 12:14:58 PM
OOC: Ok, thanks for the heads up!

Gone indefinitely... Oriadin didnt know what had happend to her. He had known the Jedi before he left, but only by name really.

"Ah yes, Master D'an is a true master of the force... its funny, Ive never actually spoken to him one on one. There have been the occasional trips to the council where we have talked.

So, how are you enjoying life as a Knight then?"

James Prent
Oct 23rd, 2004, 05:24:25 PM
She brightened when talking about Figrin D'an, a man she considered a mentor in the Force. She'd been through a lot, and he had been right there with her, helping her find it within herself to make it through. "It's okay... I'm meeting with my first padawan learner in a few days. I've been spending my time tryin' to get adjusted t' - I mean, ready for that. It's a lotta responsibilty, training someone in the Force."

Oriadin
Oct 25th, 2004, 06:11:12 AM
Talk of Padawans brought back Oriadins memories of Kale. Kale was an ideal student and had the potential to go very far. So far though, Oriadin hadnt sensed his presence since coming back to the order. He had hoped to meet up with him and have a little chat.

"Ah, so you are to become someones Master. Indeed, it is a massive responsability. It can be dangerous and has often ended in disaster.

However, if done well then it can be most rewarding and chances are your padawan will always be there for you, like a life long companion."

Oriadin took a sip of his water, trying to hide the regret he had over not being there for Kale. Oriadin 'disapeared' from the order not long after he had taken the young learner under his wing.

"Still, I have great faith that you will do a fine job James. You are strong in the force and have a good nature. Your padawan is lucky to be in such excellent company."

James Prent
Oct 25th, 2004, 01:48:16 PM
"It's kind of you t' say so." She flushed slightly. "You should know... I believe that your padawan was Kale, correct?" Oriadin nodded, slowly. "I wouldn't know this, ordinarily, but I am close to the Tondry family. Pierce Tondry took Kale as a padawan learner in your absence. So... y'don't have to worry about... well..."

Oriadin
Oct 25th, 2004, 04:56:48 PM
James seemed to falter at the end of her sentance. Oriadins face went very serious, he was very keen to hear of how Kale was doing.

"Please, tell me what you know of him. Its been so long since I saw him last, and I do feel I let him down. Pierce is more than capable... isnt he?"

James Prent
Oct 25th, 2004, 07:11:49 PM
"I really don't know much - Pierce doesn't talk much about his trainin' sessions. At least, not lately. Kale got into a bit of trouble after you left: some small theft, I think. It was mostly taken care of by Pierce, and he sort of took Kale under his wing, so t' speak, after that."

James smiled, "I think Kale is doin' well. He will be a fine Jedi, in time." She took another swallow of her drink, letting it swish around her tongue a tiny bit before swallowing.

Oriadin
Oct 26th, 2004, 03:28:48 PM
A wry smile appeared on Oriadins faced for the shortest of moments. Kale was a thief before he joined the Jedi ranks, its what kept him alive... it was how he made a living.

"I will try to catch up with him soon. Im sure he is fine."

Oriadin signalled to the waitress for some more drinks and the last few drops of water slid down Oriadins throat.

"And Marcus? Does he still hide in the shadows of the order?

James Prent
Oct 26th, 2004, 04:15:00 PM
James paused, glass nearly at her lips. "Who? Sorry, I don't think I know who that is. But he sounds shy." She grinned at her little joke, and then shrugged, "Sorry, Oriadin. Maybe you can check the Archives an' see if there's a record of your friend Marcus still stayin' here at the Order...?"

Oriadin
Oct 28th, 2004, 06:34:51 AM
Oriadins jaw almost dropped as James asked who?

"If you don't know Marcus, then I would certainly guess he no longer resides here.

Still, even if he isnt still here im suprised you havent heard of him. His wife was my master and he..."

Oriadin tried to think of a suitable way to describe the Jedi Master.

"He usually didnt have time for many people at the order, but he held tremendous presence within these walls. It was an honour to have known him and learn from him, but I felt he was to impatient to be a Jedi. He didnt always agree with the ways of a Jedi. Somewhat of a rogue I suppose."

James Prent
Nov 1st, 2004, 01:47:40 PM
Something in her memory stirred, perhaps she had met the Marcus he spoke of... but whatever the memory was, it was too distant to be clear. James didn't really feel comfortable disagreeing with Oriadin that it couldn't really be much of an honor to know someone who didn't agree with the ways of a Jedi, and so she said nothing on the subject.

"Ah, I see... doesn't ring any bells, though. ...Have you been back on Coruscant long, Oriadin?"

Oriadin
Nov 2nd, 2004, 05:32:20 AM
Oriadins eyes darted away from James's face for a second before returning to her gaze again. He took in a deep breath, one that seemed tired and weary.

"I never left..."

Oriadin took a sip of his second glass of water that the android waitress had just left, more to think of what to say next than anything.

A look overcame his face that he was about to add something more, but instead he fell silent with a concerned look on his face.

James Prent
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:57:01 PM
The answer was so unexpected that James choked on her swallow of namana slide, and coughed and spluttered a bit before she got under control. "But why - ?" She didn't stop to think that her immediate questioning of his actions might cause friction in the conversation. "You've been here all along, but away from the Temple? Were you a prisioner som' where?"

Oriadin
Nov 4th, 2004, 04:33:08 PM
"Prisoner??

Yes, and then no. I was unreachable to the order for some time for reasons that are lengthy to tell. Some of my own choices, and others not so."

Oriadin seemed to be talking in riddles. His gaze fixed at the corner of the table where they sat. A great sadness emulated from the Jedi, as he tried to keep his emotions in check.

James Prent
Nov 7th, 2004, 05:57:03 PM
Oriadin looked so... sad. James moved quietly to the seat next to him, and put her hand on his shoulder. She didn't say anything, trying to tell him silently that she, and other Jedi, would always be there for him.

Oriadin
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:28:23 AM
Oriadin glanced at James briefly and gave a rather sad looking smile. It was obvious that what ever had happend to him, he was having great difficulty coming to terms with. He was very appreciative for James being there.

Recently he hated being alone. At first, after the incident all he wanted was to sit in silence somewhere, trying to make sense of what had happend. Now though, he wanted... no needed others around him. He came back to the Order, his home, for help.

"Thank you James. I know im probably acting very strange at this time and I dont feel comfortable in talking about what happend. But you being here helps. Just having someone to talk to helps.

Its funny. I came here after I lost my memory looking for answers, and once again I find myself back here, looking for answers.

James Prent
Nov 10th, 2004, 09:57:10 PM
"Did you... was your time away... I mean, did you remember anything from before you lost your memory?"

Oriadin
Nov 11th, 2004, 02:55:25 AM
Oriadin nearly laughed at the question. He had been on such an emotional journey in recent months that his memory loss seemed so very long ago.

"Remember something?? James, I remember it all.

My whole life, what had happend to me. Where I came from, my ambitions, hopes and worries. Sometimes you have to wonder if its better to leave things like that in the past. Now I know, im not sure I want to."

James Prent
Nov 11th, 2004, 06:43:01 PM
Oh, how I know that's true. James nodded in understanding. "I've had some revelations recently too, and I know what you mean." She colored slightly, realizing she'd left the door open for questions she would not...could not answer yet.

"Well... if you want to talk more, I have th' time."

Oriadin
Nov 14th, 2004, 04:37:40 AM
Oriadin smiled apreciately once again.

"You are very kind James. I forsee you will going on to become an excellent Jedi Knight.

So tell me, what are these revelations you speak of?"

Oriadin sensed that she didnt particularaly want to talk about it, but he was keen to move himself off of the subject of conversation for a while.

James Prent
Nov 15th, 2004, 01:27:26 PM
She flushed deeply, and shook her head. "I - I'm sorry, Oriadin. I'm not at liberty t' say... yet. I shouldn'ta brought it up. I mean t' say, I've been advised not to, for th' time being."

James popped up out of the chair she was sitting in, nearly upsetting her glass. "I probably should go. Thank you... for the drink." Obviously flustered, the Knight turned and abruptly headed for the exit, bumping into a man at the bar as she did so.

[con't <a href=http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37266> here</a>]