PDA

View Full Version : Silver and Gold never mix (Vega)

Severen Morkonis
Oct 13th, 2004, 01:51:16 PM
The Sith Palace was alive with activity, not acticity of Sith but the activity of darkness stirring, evil in the air. Evil was not just a feeling, a emotion or even a cliqué. It was a entity, free flowing and alive, not visible but touchible. It was simply up to the weilder to call upon the entity and let it flow through them, gently or even horribly.

Sieken loved passing through the Palace, the entity was truely alive within the building and he simply enjoyed it all. The atmosphere the soft murmering of tutors and teachers alike, the soft footsteps upon stone. Everything combined gave a building a history, a lung to breath with.

Kasstra smiled, the silver haired Lupine was looking for his master, for once. This was a rarity and although Sieken and Vega were Master and apprentice there were two things that stoped the forced lupine to acknowlege much respect for him.

Firstly Vega had betrayed Kasstra so many times it was hardly any wonder why Sieken did not trust his own Master. He had kept him locked within the manor as a toy, forced him into being a monster of a Lupine, half whatever the Van-Dervleds were and half human, a mix that tainted his body.

Secondly Kasstra was never one to take order from anyone since his defectance from the New Republic SF. He hated it then and he hated it now and there were few in the wide galaxy that could command respect from Sieken, Sorsha Kasajian being perhaps the only indervisual who could.

All this being aside, Sieken would rarely approach Vega for advice, this day, however was one of them.

' Good book? Sieken said, finding the Gold headed man within a common room, reading a hand scribed tomb, some stdy no less.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 16th, 2004, 05:36:26 AM
‘Friends’ was not a word Vega would have used to describe himself and Sieken. The pair had a volatile business partnership, that had been founded what seemed like eons ago when the Lupine had taken the ex-Republic fighter under his wing. Since then, they had been through a lot. In spite of the betrayals, the conflict and whatever madness had occurred, they had managed to stick together, for the most part.

Still, however, there had never been a time when the pair had carried a cordial conversation without it degrading eventually into a verbal spar, littered with sarcastic and caustic comments. This time, the Lupine suspected, would be no different. Sieken didn’t care what he was reading, but rather he wanted something. He smiled thinly and closed the book, looking up at the silver-haired figure before him.

“Not particularly, no.”

Severen Morkonis
Oct 16th, 2004, 09:53:02 AM
'I see' Said Sieken passing a particularly dusty book shelf, as if scanning its books. Sieken was a avid reader of the acult and so fourth and was interested in such books that contained Witchcraft and Necromancy but of course the Sith rarely housed any books regarding a different religion.

Sorsha's short influence on Kasstra had been buried quite deep within the mind and if she had not been overthrown and inprisoned he might have still been with the Sith Witch now. He had respected her and would have been extremely loyal, two things if worked together by Sieken made Kasstra a worthy asset.

If only Vega could command those two things from Sieken once again.

'I see you still dally in the affairs of the betrayer Mal Pannis, Master?'

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 17th, 2004, 10:01:13 AM
An amused smirk came over Vega. “Betrayer? The Mal Pannis family is allies of the Sith Order, Sieken. I think you have your treaties in a twist.” Folding his hands in his lap, the Lupine watched as his apprentice strolled casually from book to book, inspecting a volume here and there. Realization dawned upon him, and the smirk grew into a smile. “You aren’t still bitter about the Witch, are you?”

Severen Morkonis
Oct 17th, 2004, 12:57:30 PM
' Bitter? no. I just dont choose to alighn myself so easily with those that could turn on me behind my back like you're master had done with my patron, Vega.' Sieken said hoarsly. Taking a few moments for that to sink in, Kasstra placed the tomb he had taken out back between the two books it had parted from. He turned to look at his master.

' Does the centrepede within your brain still call to her, Master? The impact of this might be quite severe of Vega might take it with a pinch of salt, ether way, this was the first time Sieken let on he knew about Vega's connection with the demi-godess that the Sith Witch had worshiped.

' I would have thought you, of all people, would be more loyal towards Kasajian...'

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 17th, 2004, 01:09:22 PM
“If you knew anything of the situation which you speak of, Sieken, you would know that it was Sorsha who first drove a knife into her sister’s back, not the other way around,” Vega countered with his voice free of the malice that would be expected with such words. For a moment, he contemplated scolding his apprentice, but dismissed the thought.

“Likewise, if you were as knowledgeable as you’d like to think yourself, you’d know that the parasite the Witch inflicted upon me has been dead for a long time.” A pause, and Vega reflected on the curse that had been left on his soul.

“Yet in spite of all that demon has done to me, I am still loyal to her cause… as is Dalethria. Was it not Vicet’s wish for her to assume control of Ch'hodos, she would not have done so. Sorsha, while an astounding warrior, played her part of the leader badly- it’s only natural that the duty should fall to her sister.”

Severen Morkonis
Oct 17th, 2004, 01:15:31 PM
' Badly?..' Sieken hissed, his voice ecoeing within the chamber. he turned on his heel to look upon the face of his master his eyes burrowed tightly, knotting angrily. Sieken thought of continueing the angument for another few bites at his master, but the point was worthless, what was done, was done, he concluded.

' You're perception upon that situation is one that is allied with your Master, you and that woman dont dare to look at it from the other side as i and those loyal to Sorsha do...' Taking a step back from his master he turned towards the shelf once more.

' She will return you know...'

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 17th, 2004, 01:27:34 PM
At the severity of Sieken’s words Vega could do nothing more than laugh. After a moment, he composed himself and shook his head as he spoke. “I don’t doubt that, only a fool would do so. No, she will regain her strength, but not her control. The Sisters have seen first hand - unlike you - what she has done and won’t be so quick to fall under her unruly lead again.”

Reclining comfortably, Vega allowed the quiet to hold a while, the only sound in the room that of Sieken’s boots clicking against the floor. Finally hee continued, gesturing one hand vaguely into the air, “You can’t really fairly comprehend all of this, though… you’re perception is limited to what you have been told.”

Severen Morkonis
Oct 17th, 2004, 01:39:16 PM
' And you hear only with the venom and propaganda Lady Mal Pannis spits upon you like you did with that Dara Shadowtide, anything she said you relished and ate handsomley, did'nt matter if it was incorrect or not.' Kasstra said quietly

' You hear what you want to hear, Master. You have an extreme case of selective hearing. ' Kasstra now took a seat on the other side of the table, his back reclining within the cusion.

'Though i envy your position, you have everything you want and yet your leave what you made to rust. What of Blade Ice now you are his Co-Apprentice, does he still think ill of you?'

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 18th, 2004, 10:30:22 AM
“Selective hearing? I witnessed, first hand, Sorsha’s actions. I spent years with her on Vjun. I don’t need anyone to tell me what she was like.” A look of bother had come over Vega, as though he resented the implication that he was nothing more than Dalethria’s lap dog, and had been much the same to his former Master.

“As for Blade Ice,” he continued, in a tone that suggested he found the subject at hand quite tiresome, “I suspect he will shoulder his grudge towards me for an eternity. It’s ironic that he first despised me for joining the Dark Jedi, yet he now embraces their tenets as his own.”

Severen Morkonis
Oct 21st, 2004, 08:54:27 PM
'And you accept him?' Kasstra asked plainly.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 24th, 2004, 04:39:24 AM
“Accept him as what?” Vega quirked a brow, unsure of what Sieken was implying.

Severen Morkonis
Oct 24th, 2004, 05:16:13 AM
' As an co-apprentice as an equal' Sieken said, sporting his own quirked eyebrow as if he thought he was making himself plain enough.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 26th, 2004, 03:59:49 AM
“An equal? Don’t be silly, Sieken. Blade has a long way to go before he can call himself my equal.” There was something completely assured about the way that Vega smiled, as though he didn’t expect Ice to ever reach his own level.

Severen Morkonis
Oct 26th, 2004, 09:21:31 AM
' Speaking of levels...' Kasstra said moving the convosation out of dangerous waters '...When is it penciled in for me to have my first training session here, i think its about time i got back into the swing of things and shed my hermit persona, i need to show my face once again, there are certain people that need to know i am still around.'

He had been in isolation away from the members of the darkside for so long now no doubt many thought he was dead or hiding...that many had to learn.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 28th, 2004, 03:34:09 AM
Parting his hands as if in invitation, Vega smiled more calmly. “You only need ask, Sieken. We can begin whenever you are ready.”

Severen Morkonis
Oct 28th, 2004, 08:49:53 AM
' And what exsactly do you have planned for my next learning curve as it were?' kasstra simply asked, his arms folded on his lap looking intently at his Master.

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 29th, 2004, 05:32:12 AM
“Would you rather I dictated the course of every lesson to you, like you were some child,” he began to question in reply, “or that you yourself had some say in the areas which we covered?”

Severen Morkonis
Oct 29th, 2004, 05:44:48 AM
' You never had any trouble treating me like a child before, Vega' Kasstra said his lips curling. Sieken promptly kicked up his legs and rested them upon the table, crossed over showing a motion of little care.

'Do you know what the word Reaver means, Vega?'

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 29th, 2004, 06:11:09 AM
It crossed his mind to counter that he would treat Sieken like a child so long as he acted like one, but Vega bit his tongue, instead simply smiling. “I can’t say I do. Enlighten me.”

Severen Morkonis
Oct 29th, 2004, 06:18:28 AM
Kasstra sighed.

' A Reaver...' Kelt said exhaling heaverly ' Is a person who can deprive someone or something of a feeling, feat or skill that they use in everyday life, or battle...'

Leaning in closer, as if Vega was unintelligent and needed it forced in, Kasstra said. Lips still curled.

' You know, mentally. For exsample, pulling my oponants will to fight from under him, from his mind, his soul, before i attack myself...'

Vega Van-Derveld
Oct 31st, 2004, 06:54:17 AM
Vega thought on this a moment, then nodded slightly. “And this is what you want to learn accomplish, is it?”

Severen Morkonis
Nov 8th, 2004, 01:19:27 PM
' Control of the mind? sure along with lightsaber techniques...'

Vega Van-Derveld
Nov 9th, 2004, 01:25:08 PM
“So long as you don’t mind receiving lessons that Dalethria originally taught me, I can accommodate that request,” Vega replied, almost as if baiting Sieken.

Severen Morkonis
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:25:10 AM
Sieken stiffned.

' There must be other master you have learned from... he sneered.

Vega Van-Derveld
Nov 16th, 2004, 05:39:46 AM
“Would you rather it were the wisdom of the late Dara Shadowtide that I fed to you, over that of Mal Pannis? Or perhaps the babblings of the mad Hobgoblin?” Vega spread his arms wide, inviting Sieken to choose one of the motley crew. “Their words are all but one now. Take some comfort in knowing that your precious witch may have been the original source of Dalethria’s tutelage.”

Severen Morkonis
Nov 25th, 2004, 08:02:05 AM
'Dont be a hypercrit, Vega...' Sieken growled, shooting his fellow Lupine a fixed glare ' You saw in Sorsha great power in the past, as i do now. You knew this and so you rid of her quickly with your current master, the wife of some over grown oaf of a beast, im suprised her husband can talk, Ogres can barely think for themselves natually...'

Sieken broek his look from Vega and turned to view the passes by in the hall.

'I'm prepared to do what it takes to learn my choosen path...' Sieken said, blandly.

Vega Van-Derveld
Nov 26th, 2004, 06:09:13 AM
Without warning Kasstra was hurled into the wall of the hallway he had been staring into, lifted by the unseen hand of the Force. A pair of apprentices flinched away, looking nervous for a moment before making a hasty escape.

“I saw power in Vicet, not in her mad seer,” Vega snarled, venom lacing his words. “You’d do well to fear the Mal Pannis’, Sieken… even Sorsha had clarity enough to comprehend that. Nevertheless, if you are so certain that Master Ogre is nothing more than a lumbering oaf perhaps we should begin your lessons in the catacombs of Meras, You can meet the Lord and Lady of Irentios and learn a lesson or two about respect.”

Severen Morkonis
Nov 26th, 2004, 06:29:26 AM
Sieken pulled himself from the floor nearly as quickly as he had been thrown down upon it, growling terribly, angrily. This time the convosation had gone to far and with a twist of his wrist Siekens saber had been unattached from his belt and was active with its green blade.

' You dare stab me in the back, VEGA?' Kasstra raised a hand and taunted the blonde man, his face set ablaze in rage. ' Lets get this over and done with, its about time...'

Vega Van-Derveld
Nov 26th, 2004, 06:41:17 AM
“Stab you in the back?” He looked outraged, and yet although he had his saber close to hand, to ignite it should Sieken strike at him, he did not engage the beam as of yet. “How do you expect me to have any respect for you when you are so bullheaded, so stubborn? How can I respect you when you refuse, out right, to respect me or people like Dalethria and Ogre? You can’t go on holding your ridiculous grudge against us forever… it’ll be the end of you, whether by the hand of another for some of your impetuous words, or by your mind simply collapsing, as did that of your idol. Make your mind up now, Sieken. Either was call tabula rasa and end this feud, or take your leave of Corellia.”

Severen Morkonis
Nov 26th, 2004, 06:47:03 AM
'Take my leave? You are the one that just thrust me out in the corridor! You tell me, even now, after you ravaged my mind, that i cannot have my own opinion?' Kasstra said, barely holding himself back from assulting his Master.

'If you wish to hold your foolish vision of this poppycock, please, i implore you, do so. But dont expect me to worship Ogre and his wife!' His voice had raised through this to a near on roar, his modified Lupine voice box allowing it to ecoe down the corridors.

Verious apprentices and Knights overhearing.

Vega Van-Derveld
Nov 26th, 2004, 07:07:20 AM
“Have your opinion, Sieken, but this I implore you… keep it to yourself, or know that it will one day be the death of you – and, make no mistake, it will not be by my hand.”

Jaw tightening in indignation, Vega looked from Kasstra to those who had stopped, listening. The expression on his face was more than enough to make them think twice about lingering any longer. His eyes shifted back to the man in front of him. “Now, as I said, the ultimatum is this – either you and I begin anew now, or we part and you can be free to try and find someone you believe is worthy of teaching you.”

Severen Morkonis
Nov 27th, 2004, 09:22:40 AM
That silenced Sieken very quickly.

' I never said you were not worthy' Sieken began, his saber retracting into its cylinder home and his anger subsiding to a mear growel ' I simply said that your ideals to the SOC is wrong, i do not wish to find another Master, this is why i sought you out months ago...'

Vega Van-Derveld
Nov 28th, 2004, 04:26:22 AM
Silence held for a moment. The pair agreed to differ on the matter of the Sisters of Chaos that much was apparent. What was not clear, however, was Sieken now wanted. “What now, then?”