PDA

View Full Version : Devastating Circumstances (Lost)

River Kincaid
Oct 12th, 2004, 09:33:48 PM
River's heart was racing the moment he saw Ry-Obi's unconscious form on the floor of his room. He didn't believe there was a soul in the building that didn't feel his fear as he cradled his son in his arms.

Now, he sat beside his son in an ambulance as it sped towards the nearest medical center. He shook his head as he thought of his daughter's birthday party that they were just all celebrating, but now he was taking his son to the hospital...Ry-Obi was burning up.

Guilt was consuming him, guilt for not looking more closely at his son's self inflicted wound and guilt for making Hunter's special day turn into a nightmare.

River shook his head as he squeezed his son's hand. "You're going to be alright, Ry. You're a fighter, you're a Kincaid."

He barely heard anything of what was being said. "...ETA five minutes...elevan-year-old male....temp 104.8..."

He saw Ridge's limo not far behind them. Please be alright, I'm begging you... River silently begged as a tear fell.

Hold on, River. We're behind you. Ridge's voice told him gently in his head.

It was the longest five minutes that River had ever endured and soon he was running behind the group of awaiting physicians taking Ry-Obi's case.

River wasn't allowed to follow as they pushed the boy's air gurney through the steel double doors. Instead, he was directed to admissions to sign some papers and then told to wait in the waiting room.

It was there that he began pacing back and forth, while he awaited on news of his son and his family to arrive.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Oct 13th, 2004, 08:28:29 PM
As soon as the limo stopped, Ridge was the first one out. He paid little attentiion who was getting out behind him.

It took Ridge a few moments to find his brother, but nonetheless he did.

"River, what's going on?" He as he came up to him, a look of worry plastered on his face.

River Kincaid
Oct 13th, 2004, 09:02:34 PM
River shook his head. "I don't know, they've got him in there and I have no idea what is going on, brother."

He cursed and paced again. "I should have gone with my first instincts and taken him here earlier, but he begged me not too. He was too concerned with Hunter's feelings, he wanted this to be her day."

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Oct 13th, 2004, 09:07:34 PM
Ridge placed a firm hand on his twins' shoulder. "Hey now, don't go blaming yourself. It's no one's fault, River. It just happened and I'm sure Ry-Obi will be out of here in no time."

Ridge attempted to sound optimistic, but he saw how ill the boy was and it hadn't looked good.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Oct 14th, 2004, 10:03:38 AM
*Natia climbs out of Ridge's limo, helping Quay out as well. They then make their way to the waiting room, to meet up with River. Upon getting there, she lightly touches River with the Force, to reassure him that she's there and everything will be alright*

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 14th, 2004, 08:43:27 PM
Quay's there behind Natia and sees the worried look on River's face.

She takes a seat on one of the couches and reaches out for Ry-Obi's presence. She too, is very worried about the boy and prays he's going to be alright.

River Kincaid
Oct 15th, 2004, 04:20:07 AM
River was so thankful that his family had arrived and he didn't have to bear this alone.

Faith was keeping Hunter and the twins.

"What is taking so long?" He finally asked as he paced around a couple of more times.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Oct 15th, 2004, 04:23:37 AM
Ridge had gotten his brother a cup of hot tea to calm him down. "Calm down, River. Here, drink this."

He handed it to his brother and sat down himself.

River Kincaid
Oct 15th, 2004, 04:26:35 AM
The Lost Padawan sighed despite the circumstances going on around him and took the cup. "Thanks." He tried to smile, but couldn't.

He looked over to Natia and Quay. "Thanks, guys for being here. I really apprieciate it."

imported_Natia Telcontar
Oct 15th, 2004, 10:41:45 AM
It's not a problem River. Friends look out for one another. And remember, be patient. I know it's not easy, but it's one of a few things you can do right now.

River Kincaid
Oct 19th, 2004, 04:57:38 AM
River nodded as he sighed and raked a hand through this hair. He looked over at the doors they took his son through and flopped down on one of the chairs.

Please, just let him be alright.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:56:41 PM
The news would be devestating, just as it had been for the four other families that Hayden had told this month.

Why was it always on his schedule that these new cases were seemingly coming in on and the numbers were slowly growing.

With a sigh, Hayden walked through the steel doors to the waiting area.

"Mr. Kincaid?" He asked as he came up to the young man who was Ry-Obi's father, he only knew this from the nurses at the desk.

River Kincaid
Oct 19th, 2004, 08:58:58 PM
River was up in an instant, his full attention was on the doctor. "Yes, how's my son?" He asked quickly.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 19th, 2004, 09:06:14 PM
He saw the look of concern in his eyes and a few others that joined them.

"You may want to sit down--"

"No, I'll stand. How's my son?"

Hayden looked at them all and continued. "I'm afraid, your son is in a coma, Mr. Kincaid. The scarring procedure on his abdomen has become deeply infected and there was blood poisoning as a result..."

River Kincaid
Oct 19th, 2004, 09:08:24 PM
"Blood poisoning?" River cut in. "But, there are medicines to take care of that and he's going to be alright..." He looked at Hayden.

"He's gonna be alright, right?"

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 19th, 2004, 09:12:42 PM
It was times like this when Hayden hated being a doctor. "The infection is in your son's brain and has begun to enter his heart. Even the most strongest injections and medicines will do nothing at this point. I'm sorry, Mr. Kincaid. There's nothing more we can do."

River Kincaid
Oct 19th, 2004, 09:20:38 PM
It was in that moment that River felt his world explode. He couldn't seem to find his breath and finally gasped in some air with a sickly groan.

This wasn't happening, this couldn't be happening!

"My boy..." River mumbled and sat down.

Dr. Hayden Radnor
Oct 19th, 2004, 09:26:44 PM
"I'm sorry, Mr. Kincaid. Your son is being moved to a room in the ICU, the nurses will let you know when you can go in." Hayden looked at the small group, they all looked more than shocked.

"My deepest sympathies to your family, Mr. Kincaid." He silently turned and walked back into the ER.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Oct 20th, 2004, 10:00:52 AM
*Natia kept her face calm and composed as she comes up beside River and gives him a hug. There was a brief moment when a look of shock was on her face, but she uses the skills she learned as a child to hide it under a calm. Somebody has to be the rock in the stream*

I'm sorry River, I truly am.

River Kincaid
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:42:53 PM
River couldn't even find any words to say...his son was dying. He finally mumbled. "Thanks, Nat."

River didn't say anything else for fear of loosing it, he took a deep breath and tried to remain calm.

A few moments later, he stood and walked over the to the window and saw all the speeders race by in their air lanes.

Ry-Obi always liked speeders... He shook his head as he fought to control all his emotions that were bearing down on him.

"Someone...someone needs to contact Angelina. I can't do it." River's voice cracked, but he still would not look at the others.

Ridge (Towers) Kincaid
Oct 20th, 2004, 08:51:30 PM
Ridge walked over to his brother and placed a warm gentle hand on his shoulder. He remained silent, but let him know that he was there.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 23rd, 2004, 04:52:45 PM
"I'll contact her, River." It was the least thing she could do in his time of need. She got up and stepped out of the waiting area to do so.

River Kincaid
Oct 28th, 2004, 09:11:11 PM
It wasn't but a few moments later that a nurse came in.

"He's ready for you, Sir." She said in a nasally voice.

River swallowed hard and the group followed her, the sound of their footsteps seemed to echo against the cold hard floor.

The nurse stopped outside one of the rooms in the ICU.

River needed to be strong, for his family, for Ry-Obi...for himself. He took a deep breath and walked in.

The shock was heartfelt as he saw his son hooked up to many different machines with tubes and wires...and a ventilator.

River walked up to his son and took a hold of his hand. "Ry, dad's here." He spoke softly. "You can beat this, I know you can all you have to do is put your mind to it. You're a Kincaid, you have strength behind you and you have us. All of us." His voice cracked a bit on the last, but he didn't break.

River vowed to be strong, though it was so hard...

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 28th, 2004, 09:15:10 PM
Quay had to leave a message for Angelina, either she was truly gone or she was just too drunk to answer.

The next person she informed was Ry-Obi's best friend, Jacen. She briefly explained what had happened and that Ry was in really bad shape. Terribly so.

The young man had told her he was on his way, so Quay awaited him.

Jacen
Oct 28th, 2004, 09:20:30 PM
Half an hour after Quay had called Jacen there was a crash as one of the turbo lifts opened and he darted out. He ran into a nurse pushing an empty bed, but he caught himself and flipped over it and landed running, not missing a beat. He skidded to a hault in front of her breathing heavily.

"Where...where...is...he?" HE asked in bettween gulps of air.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 28th, 2004, 09:53:58 PM
Quay'Na looked at the young man. "He's down here." She began to walk down the corridor towards Ry-Obi's room. "I'm so sorry, I had to bring this all on you. But, I knew the two of you were close and I knew you'd want to know."

Quay stepped short of the door and looked in the young man's eyes. "Jacen...he's dying and there's nothing that can be done."

Her voice was no more than a whisper.

Jacen
Oct 28th, 2004, 09:56:06 PM
"B-but what about medicine? What about the Jedi couldn't they do something? I know that they have healers. There has to be something that could be done!"

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 28th, 2004, 10:03:43 PM
"The doctors have done everything they can, but the infections he has have spead into his brain and...his heart. It's only a matter of time." The thought of loosing the boy was beginning to take its toll on Quay's heart as tears welled up in her eyes.

Jacen
Oct 29th, 2004, 07:51:35 PM
"But...but that can't be. What caused this?"

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 29th, 2004, 09:25:38 PM
Quay shook her head. "I don't know, it was from some kind of infection that he got from...what did the doctor say that was..."

Quay had to think about it for a moment. "Oh, it was called Scarring. I guess it was some kind of cutting design of some sort."

Jacen
Oct 30th, 2004, 08:27:17 PM
Jacen shook his head as the images from the procedure came to his mind clearly. That was what caused this? That idiot who had cut on his friend hadn't been as careful as he had said he would. He would pay for this. That was a promise Jacen intended to keep.

On the inside he was raging, but he was managing to keep a calm face to most people, unless they just happened to be Force sensitive.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Nov 1st, 2004, 10:39:45 AM
That kind of rage will lead you down the wrong path.

*Natia says from behind Jacen. She's torn up on the inside, but she's presenting a strong face to the world and she's hiding her feelings so she can be a steady person in all this.

She places a hand on Quay's shoulder and her other hand on Jacen's shoulder*

Angelina Kincaid
Nov 7th, 2004, 07:20:44 PM
Angelina for once was sober as she ran to the medical center where her son was at.

Immediately, she recongnized Natia. "Natia, what's going on? Please tell me where my son is."

Jacen
Nov 7th, 2004, 11:22:28 PM
Jacen looked up to the woman who said that to him, but before he could say anything in response, another one ran up asking where her son was. She must be Angelina.

imported_Natia Telcontar
Nov 8th, 2004, 11:00:59 AM
*Natia moves over to Angelina and gives her a hug*

You're son is in ICU. He's got a nasty infection and the doctors can't do anything about. I'm sorry Angelina, but Ry-Obi's dying.

Angelina Kincaid
Nov 9th, 2004, 08:40:21 PM
...dying...

Angelina's stomach turned into a chunk of ice as Natia hugged her. "No, this can't be I...I just saw him...this week. He...he was fine. Natia, tell this is all mistake..."

Her eyes were pleading, but the look on the ones with Natia told her there was no mistake.

Angelina fell to her knees as her tears came. "Nooo!" This wasn't happening, he was too young to die!

imported_Natia Telcontar
Nov 15th, 2004, 10:26:22 AM
I'm sorry Angelina, I truly am.

*Natia kneels down with Angelina and gives her a hug, knowing that this will be hard on Angelina, as it is hard on her*