PDA

View Full Version : Snooping Jedi(Open)

Dillin Gack
Oct 12th, 2004, 02:52:00 PM
He had been with the GJO for sometime, but had reall not met many people. Most of his time was spent jotting down rumors, looking through the Jedi archives, and watching people from a distance. He still has yet to start his training with the GJO, But The Master had made sure he knew enough to get by undetected.

Now he was walking down the living quarters, poking his head into rooms that had the doors open, and hoping that nobody was in. He finds a room that looks interesting, and desides to take a closer look, so he enters the room and starts to look around, but does not touch anything other than the door.

Dillin Gack
Oct 18th, 2004, 09:47:59 AM
After a bit of poking adound the room, and writing down a few notes about the things he can see laying around the room. He goes to leave the room, only to bump into the room's owner.

"Oh! I'm sorry! Is this your room? I saw that the door was slightly open and I wanted to make sure everybody was alright in there. I didn't touch anything."

Lillian Snow
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:01:04 PM
"I'm fine."

Lillian fixes Dillin with a grumpy stare. She goes down the hall to borrow a video and this...this...guy! He just walks right in! Titian blows a raspberry at the intruder from the safety of his mother's arms. She goes right by him into the room, settling her son in his crib. She's not going to tolerate this. It's time she made her stand.

"Did you find anything you liked? Maybe my baby's playthings, or something out of my clothes drawers? I'm sure there's something around here that a respectable Jedi man would find interesting."

Dillin Gack
Oct 18th, 2004, 01:31:07 PM
Dillin turns to face Lillian as she walks past.

"I really didn't touch anything! I just wanted to make sure that there was nobody hurt in here. You see, Where I come from if there are any open doors, it meens that there is likely going to be a dead body, a robbed house, or somthing like that on the other side. I just came in to see if anybody was in need of some help."

Of course all that was a lie, but it was unlikely that she would be able to tell since he was using the force to hide his thought and intentions from the others around here, And he was good at that.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 18th, 2004, 07:01:58 PM
The Padawan might be able to hide is true mind from Lillian, but he would have his work cut out for him if he was to keep Wu Wei in the dark.

"Is that right?" he asked incredulously.

It had seemed that the Jedi Knight had appeared out of thin air. In truth, he had been walking down the hallway to speak to Lillian concerning a class he was to teach her. But it seemed that there was a bigger fish to fry.

Lillian didn't like to be around men, and truth be told, he wasn't too sure Dillan's explanations held water.

"I've been around and seen some interesting cultures, but they all tended toward the view that a person's room was her own business, and the only thing that let them know there was a dead body inside was the stink and the flies."

Wei pushed his glasses up so they didn't sit at the tip of his nose. "And besides that, didn't your mother ever teach you to knock first?"

Lillian Snow
Oct 18th, 2004, 07:09:30 PM
Lillian has never been so glad to see Wei in her life.

"Master Wei, this man was sneaking around my room! Dead bodies...in a Jedi place? Not likely! He was probably after my jewelry, or my panties!"

Titian blows another raspberry.

Dillin Gack
Oct 19th, 2004, 10:34:41 AM
Dillin Looks towards Wei.

"Where I come from, people look after each other, and unless the door is closed, nothing is private. I understand that things are diffrent here, but old habbits die hard. Old suspision die hard as well. "

Dillin looks back over at Lillian.

"And since no body has het offered to teach me the ways of the force since I was excepted here, I some times have a hard time remembering that this is a jedi place. I'm sorry for intruding, and if I'm just going to be accused of being a thief, for being conserned about a suspisious looking sitiuation in my eyes, The I guess I should just be leaving! Go ahead and search your room! There is NOTHING Missing, Nothing Added, and NOthing moved!"

Dillin looks back at Wei.

"And as for my mother, She died when I was 2 years old, leaving me to be raised by a street gang."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 19th, 2004, 01:30:12 PM
Wei nodded. "Ok, I believe you," he said, shrugging things off. "In the future, why not use the Force to check for any sign of danger? Or have you not been taught that yet?"

Dillin Gack
Oct 19th, 2004, 02:03:52 PM
"I have not been taught anything here yet. I know how to touch the force inside myself, and use it on myself but I learned that on the streets."

Lillian Snow
Oct 19th, 2004, 11:35:23 PM
Added? The thought of what people might put in her room brings a slight twinge of panic to the poor girl. People might try to see her while she sleeps, or changes, or bathes...worse yet (and later, she'll think it odd that she thinks this is worse) they might try to find an opportunity to take her baby!

"I don't care what you were taught or what your intentions were, I want you out of my room now! And if you're ever caught around here again I'll see that the Council hears about it! You leave me alone!"

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:28:13 AM
Wei nodded. "Yes, I think that would be best."

Wei still didn't entirely trust Dillan, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. Lillian was less forgiving. Wei tended to side with Lillian.

"Dillan, there are Jedi wandering these halls every day. I don't think I've not seen any of these halls empty at any given point of the day. Don't you worry about Lillian. If anything bad happens, I promise you your fellow Jedi will have moved heaven and hell the very instant they hear or sense any sort of danger."

The words were a small rebuke that served to remind both Padawans to place more faith in their fellow Jedi.

"Yes, I think it would be rather difficult to slip any sort of danger past all these Jedi."

Dillin Gack
Oct 21st, 2004, 11:51:57 AM
Dillin goes to walk the rest of the way out of Lillian's room, then goes to look at the others.

"As I said before, Old habits die hard, but I'll do my best to curb them. I'm sorry for intruding. I guess it would be rather unlikely that a hostile could be walking these hall with out half the building knowing it. Again I'm sorry."

At that point Dillin goes to start to walk down the hallway.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 21st, 2004, 12:16:11 PM
Wei smiled. "May the Force be with you."

He tried not to show how stretched the whole exchange had made him, and struggled to maintain a smile. Padawans sticking their noses in other people's business, high-strung Padawans who can't trust their colleagues...oh, what he wouldn't have given for the good old days.

"Are you all right, Lillian?" Wei's voice maintained its even tone. He was stressed, true, but he still cared for the younger Jedi.

Lillian Snow
Oct 22nd, 2004, 01:52:26 PM
"No," she answers. "But I'll be okay in a little while. I just...want to make sure that he really didn't take anything or put anything in here."

She tosses the video onto her bed and starts to look through Titian's things.

"Hmph. I can't believe he just walked in without even knocking! And that story...I don't believe that's why he came in here! This is the Jedi Temple! Even if that story holds true for the streets and slums, there's no way such an occurence would happen inside these walls." She shoots a look at her own dresser. "I swear if anything's missing from there I'll...I'll..."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 22nd, 2004, 03:16:13 PM
"Calm down, calm down," he said to her. "It'll be all right. Just take your time, look very slowly, and make sure everything is in order."

Lillian Snow
Oct 22nd, 2004, 09:07:42 PM
"I am!" she protests. "It's just...I've had it with being scared, and being panicky, and just sick of guys in general. I've had it. I want to change."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 23rd, 2004, 08:17:47 AM
Wei nodded. "Good job. I'm proud to hear that from you. Mom would be happy to hear it too. It helps to have confidence in one's self."

Lillian Snow
Oct 24th, 2004, 01:16:58 AM
"I've been sheltered all my life," she goes on, turning away from Titian's clothes drawers to check her own. "I've missed out on too much of the world, and it shows. That's why people take advantage of me the way they do!"

It's likely that this statement isn't true, but she doesn't much care. It feels good to vent. She's needed it.

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 24th, 2004, 06:58:37 AM
Wei simply leaned in the doorway, following her with his eyes as she travelled around the room making her checks.

"That is possible," he said, averting his eyes to the floor as she began looking through her dresser.

"So," Wei said after a second of silence, "What do you plan to do about it?"

Lillian Snow
Oct 24th, 2004, 06:33:11 PM
"I don't know!" she says, feeling flustered and slamming her drawers shut. "I just don't know."

She settles back against the dresser and sighs, hugging her legs to her chest, trying hard to think.

"I really should do some Jedi training," she says at last. "Or at the very least I should meditate. The only time I have for that is when Titian sleeps, and that's not very often."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 24th, 2004, 09:19:54 PM
Wei nodded. "Have you considered a baby sitter?" he asked.

Lillian Snow
Oct 25th, 2004, 02:35:39 PM
"Where would I find one in this busy place?" she asks, rubbing her eyes with the palms of her hands. "Everyone else is so busy with training themselves or others or missions that I'd be lucky to find a person who could watch him for five seconds, let alone five minutes or even a full day..."

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 29th, 2004, 12:49:14 PM
Wei shrugged. "I could. A lot of the stuff on my plate has been desk work anyway. It's nothing difficult to just let the kid play on the floor while I do paperwork."

Lillian Snow
Oct 31st, 2004, 05:46:27 PM
"You do too much already," she protests. "You train Padawans, sit on the Council, watch after everybody...no, you've got too much to do."

Though he would be a good influence on Titian...

"If I can't find anyone else, I'll ask you anyway. Okay?"

Wei Wu Wei
Oct 31st, 2004, 10:38:55 PM
Wei nodded, and laughed a little. "Yes, that sounds just fine to me."

Even he had to admit that he did a lot. But looking after people was what Wei did.

"So, is everything here in order?"

Lillian Snow
Nov 1st, 2004, 01:42:43 PM
She looks around with a heavy sigh.

"More or less. I'll check for other things in a little bit, just to be sure. You can leave if you want to, though."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 1st, 2004, 03:11:42 PM
"It's not whether or not I want to leave, but whether or not you want me to leave. If you need me for anything at all, I'll stick around and help as best I can."

Lillian Snow
Nov 2nd, 2004, 05:14:58 PM
"Well I don't need you, but if you want to stay and poke around for hidden cameras and whatever, you can." She sighs heavily. "What a pain."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 2nd, 2004, 10:10:07 PM
Wei shrugged. "Ok."

He had no idea what a hidden camera would look like, but he figured he'd try anyway. But where would he put a hidden camera if he were a perverted Padawan?

It was a difficult question because Wei never was a pervert. "Well, I suppose..."

He headed into the refresher and pulled back the shower curtain, looking around the showerhead, the faucet, and up in all the corners. he checked around the mirrors and light fixtures, and then around the toilet. Nothing there.

"Hmm...where else?"

Lillian Snow
Nov 3rd, 2004, 02:58:53 PM
"Maybe around my bed or my dresser," she sighs. There's a long pause as she stops to think. "Actually, nevermind. I'll call daddy in a little while, he'll know what to do."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 4th, 2004, 01:34:39 PM
Wei nodded. "Ok. Well, if all that's settled, is there anything I can get for you that you might need?"

Lillian Snow
Nov 7th, 2004, 12:38:51 AM
"No. Daddy will take care of me."

She's dreading making this call though. Her father will come sweeping in with professionals to make a clean sweep of the room. He'll bring her mother, and her brother, and together they'll all grill her about Titian and her life as a Jedi so far. So much explaining, but then, they're all far overdue for quality time.

"Yes. I'll be fine."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 7th, 2004, 01:44:11 AM
Wei smiled. "All righty. I'll be going then. But if you feel like you need help, call me. I understand you want to do things on your own, but please don't get in over your head."

Lillian Snow
Nov 8th, 2004, 01:05:47 AM
"I won't," she says to reassure him. "See you later. Have a good day."

Wei Wu Wei
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:05:20 AM
The Knight waved good-bye and left Lillian to her business. Wei set off to plan Lillian's martial arts lesson.