PDA

View Full Version : Episode three Trailer description (Spoilers)

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 11th, 2004, 09:49:51 AM
The force.net has the trailer description up and it sounds awesome The first half of trailer consists of ... (begin spoilers - highlight to read) a familiar voice over with Alec Guinness. Fans will love to hear him speak his monologue to Luke from A New Hope about "Jedi Knights always being the guardians of peace." As we hear these familiar phrases, they've intercut shots from various Star Wars episodes, excluding Episode 3. Only when the monologue ends with "Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force" about 40 seconds into the trailer do we see the face of Anakin. He is partly covered with dark hood, looking positively evil.
This is followed by the shot of erupting volcanoes, then some sort of volcanic field with crab-like creatures and then darkness, all accompanied by Vader breathing. Then the following is heard:

Sidious: "Lord Vader..."

Vader: "Yes?"

Sidious: "Rise."

Then we see Anakin in full Vader gear rising on some sort of operating table to which he is chained. The rising is slow and is intercut with shot of various Star Wars main characters. When the table has fully risen so that Vader is basically standing upright, the meatiest part of trailer begins, with many, many shots from Episode III. Most of them are very, very short - this will be something for freeze-frame fanatics to analyze.

The ones that stuck in my memory:

Dozens of Wookiees on some sort of floating platform.

Padme with signature Leia hairdo.

The Tri-Fighter, aka the precursor to the TIE fighter with three curving wings and guns mounted between each wing. They shoot red lasers.

The ARC Clonefigthter, aka the precursor to X-Wing, with three wings on each side.

A gigantic starship being sprayed by streams of something that looks like dense acid.

The trailer ends with the title "THE SAGA IS COMPLETE - MAY 2005" and ... (end spoilers) is about 100 seconds long.

That sounds amazing especially the part we actually see Darth Vader.

I am guessing this trailer will be with the Incredibles like Episode two was with Monsters INC.

darth_mcbain
Oct 11th, 2004, 10:42:50 AM
Saw that this morning on TFN. Overall, sounds pretty good. I've been excited for Ep III (as we all have) for a while now, but once I see this, that will really get the blood pumping... :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 11th, 2004, 11:35:55 AM
CAN'T WAIT - I was going to see the Incredibles anyway so this'll be icing on the cake if it's with that (which I agree, it most likely will be).

Heck, I went to see the first Harry Potter movie just for the teaser trailer for Ep 2. :p

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 11th, 2004, 11:39:29 AM
Padme with signature Leia hairdo.

:o hehe

Sounds cool :):thumbup

Lady Vader
Oct 11th, 2004, 03:25:10 PM
Wait... so the trailetr is supposed to be attached to the Incredibles?

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 11th, 2004, 04:28:27 PM
Speculation only.

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 11th, 2004, 04:42:35 PM
Yeah that was on my part. It is suppose to come out in Novemeber and the Incredibles, IMO is the biggest movie this November, that is aimed at young adults and kids. Other possiblities are the Polar Express (possible), Finding Neverland, National Treasure, and Flight of the Phoenix. Those are all the big Pg-13-PG movies of the month.

Jedieb
Oct 11th, 2004, 07:53:29 PM
Incredibles looks good enough to see even without the EP3 trailer attached to it. This description sounds like we may be getting the best Prequel trailer yet. I've loved all the previous ones but this one sounds amazing.

JMK
Oct 12th, 2004, 06:31:03 AM
Sweet fancy moses I can't wait!!

darth_mcbain
Oct 12th, 2004, 09:47:41 AM
Update on the trailer from TF.N...

Anakin's reply to Palpatine is Yes, Master? and not just "Yes" and previsouly reported. Sweet. It is said somehow questioningly, as if he is not exactly sure what is happening.
Palpatine's "Riiiiiiiiise" is so devilish and long, they've clearly spent some time on making this section of the film perfect. Still finding it hard to believe they are going to show this section so early. Wow.

We've been told that the voice of Vader is ... close ... but definitely sounds different from the original Darth Vader. There should be no doubt that Lucas could make him sound perfectly like the classic Vader if he wanted, so this must be intentional. After all, it's logical that teenage Anakin under the Vader mask sounds slightly different than old Anakin in Episode IV under the same mask. We think it is either an early cut without finished effects (voice and visual) or Hayden Christensen's voice modulated through some advanced filters to sound very, very much like Jones. If you played this to casual moviegoer, he or she may not even notice any difference from Vader's classic voice.

And to clarify an earlier point or two, the lines of dialogue we posted are spoken over completely black screen right after the volcanic field shot. And the Tri-fighter we mentioned is actually the new Jedi starfighter.

There are no mechanical characters in the trailer except R2D2 and C3PO, not even for a split second. There is someone with sharp teeth and humanoid head, slightly resembling the alien from Enemy Mine. Someone should post a picture here for comparison, though it might just be Tion Meddon. So unless its the off chance that is Grievous unmasked, the Droid General does not figure into this first trailer.

darth_mcbain
Oct 20th, 2004, 09:05:05 AM
From TF.N

Patrick Sauriol of Cinescape is reporting how one might go about seeing the upcoming Revenge of the Sith teaser trailer.

The short, short version is: November 4th on Access Hollywood (check local listings) and November 5th attached to prints of The Incredibles (though not all, so be wary!).

For the full skinny, head on over to Cinescape and read their full article!

Looks like your speculation was right JMC - it will be with The Incredibles. I'll probably just set my VCR to tape it off of Access Hollywood...

Jedi Master Carr
Oct 20th, 2004, 05:31:56 PM
It looks like you can download it Thursday night as well so we will get a sneak peak regardless.

Charley
Oct 22nd, 2004, 11:54:21 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Master Carr
It looks like you can download it Thursday night as well so we will get a sneak peak regardless.

!!! what???

JMK
Oct 22nd, 2004, 12:18:46 PM
It's going to be available to hyperspace members the night before the Incredibles comes out, so I'll see it then. I'm sure it will probably be leaked or we will catch some shots of it on Access Hollywood before that.

darth_mcbain
Nov 4th, 2004, 08:32:58 AM
Remember, the trailer is on Access Hollywood today.

I just checked my local listings and it isn't on until 1AM. That sucks - I guess I'll just set my VCR and watch it tomorrow morning... :\

darth_mcbain
Nov 4th, 2004, 08:47:20 AM
Actually - I just found it will be on earlier on MTV, oh yeah! :)

JMK
Nov 4th, 2004, 09:32:33 AM
I'll see it this afternoon on hyperspace, and tonight between 7 and 7:30 on access hollywood. I can't wait!

darth_mcbain
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:02:45 AM
That's cool that Access Hollywood is on at a somewhat decent time for you - I have no idea why they are airing it at 1AM in my area???

Gav Mortis
Nov 4th, 2004, 11:58:00 AM
Will there be anyway for the rest of us mere internet mortals to this trailer tonight? I feel like a deprived crack addict. :(

ReaperFett
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:39:11 PM
I've still not decided wether to watch the trailers or not, can they delay it a bit? :)

JMK
Nov 4th, 2004, 12:51:50 PM
I'm really annoyed! Apparently the trailer is out there now, but is only available to U.S. hyperspace subscribers. What a load of crap! What the hell am I paying for?

EDIT: It seems that it's not exclusive to the U.S., but that they've taken it down for the time being...strange....probably traffic problems.:mad

ReaperFett
Nov 4th, 2004, 01:05:02 PM
It's good. Doesn't show too much, but gives us a fair bit.

darth_mcbain
Nov 4th, 2004, 01:21:08 PM
Some of the brief images I've seen on TF.N look really good - The Emperor looks hideous :). This is gonna be good...

Jarek T'chort
Nov 4th, 2004, 02:00:54 PM
I really dislike the prequels, I really dislike the DVD changes.

But that trailer was beautiful. :cry

/why does Anakin have red eyes though?

JMK
Nov 4th, 2004, 03:14:45 PM
I finally saw it. I soiled myself.

JMK
Nov 4th, 2004, 03:14:45 PM

Gav Mortis
Nov 4th, 2004, 03:32:21 PM
Originally posted by Gav Mortis
Will there be anyway for the rest of us mere internet mortals to this trailer tonight?

:(

Edit:

Originally posted by JMK

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 4th, 2004, 04:23:20 PM
LOVE IT

I checked the TV to see when Access Hollywood was on, and it was on THEN, so I quickly recorded it. ^_^; It is great, love it love it.

Zyon Rouge
Nov 4th, 2004, 04:29:30 PM
*bows before the godly-ness that is the trailer*

I'm not worthy! I'm not worthy!

darth_mcbain
Nov 4th, 2004, 04:39:37 PM
Just saw it. One word...

YES!!!!!!

Wow - that was just incredible. I can barely wait for May 19...

Charley
Nov 4th, 2004, 05:17:47 PM
Well I guess I won't be able to resist the spoilers for very long now. That trailer didn't show much, but it definitely wet my appetite.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 4th, 2004, 05:36:47 PM
Yeah it was an amazing trailer this movie looks awesome :)

Figrin D'an
Nov 4th, 2004, 05:46:25 PM
Originally posted by Gav Mortis
Will there be anyway for the rest of us mere internet mortals to this trailer tonight? I feel like a deprived crack addict. :(

It'll be all over bittorrent sites tonight I'm sure, which is how I intend to find it.

Jedieb
Nov 4th, 2004, 05:47:27 PM
The trailer is outstanding. If you go to TFN you can find links to sites that have already uploaded it. I'd post a link, but I doubt it's allowed.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 4th, 2004, 06:06:50 PM
go to comingsoon.net you will find some there too. The space battle looks amazing, I love the Wookies I can't wait to see what they do. And what about Sidious? He looks horrible (in a good way of course) I figure that is the Yoda vs Palpatine duel that has been rumored.

Charley
Nov 4th, 2004, 06:41:46 PM
Sideous with a lightsaber is freakin evil looking >D

Figrin D'an
Nov 4th, 2004, 07:26:39 PM
Saw it. Had some interesting look tidbits of scenes. Space battles look very cool, perhaps with the potential to top the Battle of Endor from ROTJ. Lightsabre duels... lots of them it would appear, between many different people, should be fun.

I can't say I was really super impressed by anything I saw though (other than the space battles snipets). It's okay, but it's nothing that gets me really excited about next May.

If anyone needs help to get it, let me know... I can steer you in the right direction, someplace which shouldn't have any server problems. A lot of the sites people may recommend are going to be bombed with download requests, and may cause some headaches.

Gav Mortis
Nov 4th, 2004, 07:40:40 PM
Totally agree with Charley. Sidious looks completely evil, I get goosebumps down the back of my neck everytime I see that little snippet of him.

I can understand why Fig doesn't feel too psyched over it yet, it's only shown to us a tidbit here, a snippet there and nothing of any real substance. But I am looking forward to this movie so much I'm tingling. :D

Edit: Just noticed the corpse of one of Palpatine's Red Guardsmen next to Yoda when he has his lightsaber out :cool

Charley
Nov 4th, 2004, 07:41:12 PM
SPOILERS YOU SOD :mad

darth_mcbain
Nov 4th, 2004, 08:30:52 PM
I must have missed that Gav, but that sounds awesome, I'll have to go back and watch for that.

I am curious about the Emperor, because they have one shot of him where he doesn't look all that bad, and then in the end he looks positively EVIL. I always thought he gradually turned that way, but perhaps there is some event that really makes him look decrepit very quickly?.

Also, regarding Anakin and his reddish-yellow eyes - I wonder if that was truly his eyes or if they altered it for the trailer. I don't think we would see him with yellow eyes, but I know of another character that does - Grievous... It seems to me that that shot of Anakin's eyes seemed a little off - I wonder if they were having a little fun with us in the trailer and grafted Grievous' eyes onto Anakin???

AmazonBabe
Nov 5th, 2004, 07:00:27 PM
Would someone be so kind as to give me a decent link to where I can find the trailer? I checked several sites, and there were either previews of the trailer or reviews or quicktime (which doesn't allow you to save it :x ).

Luckily, i did call the theater near me and they are playing the trailer before The Incrtedibles. So I'll be seeing that tomorrow.

But I do wanna save the trailer to my comp. ^_^;

Charley
Nov 5th, 2004, 08:02:35 PM
get on AIM or something you crazy shrew

AmazonBabe
Nov 6th, 2004, 12:23:29 AM
I was on AIM earlier, but you were away. Missed your chance. :p

And I got the trailer as well. :)

Jedieb
Nov 6th, 2004, 05:51:51 PM
http://www.lucasarts.com/ep3/

That's the trailer for the EP3 video game. In some ways, I like it more than the movie trailer. Of course the game can't follow the movie scene by scene, but there's a few hints of where we'll be going so stay away if you're avoiding spoilers.

As for Anakin's eyes, I hope they stay in the film. They look just like Maul's and I'd love for them to be there once Anakin crosses over to the Dark Side. GL can come up with any explanation he wants, I don't care. The idea of those eyes staring back at Obi-Wan during their duel is awesome. They're not there during the duel now, but they can easily be added. Please put them in Lucas!!!

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 6th, 2004, 06:08:31 PM
Yeah I agree with you jedieb, what about the yoda vs palaptine duel? That should be awesome anybody else notice the dead Red trooper guards by Yoda. Now this is speculation so here me out. My guess is Yoda and Mace go and confront Palpatine. Anakin is there guarding him. The four of them fight. Maybe Anakin on Mace and Yoda on Palpatine. This is based on the fact I have read Mace takes on the two of them but it would make more sense to me if Yoda is involved too. Especially, if Mace sacrifices himself to save Yoda. That to me would be a fitting way for Mace to go out in this trilogy.

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 7th, 2004, 03:14:42 PM
As far as the eyes, I thought it was just the reflection from the lava.

Charley
Nov 7th, 2004, 09:10:33 PM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
As far as the eyes, I thought it was just the reflection from the lava.

Not hardly

Gav Mortis
Nov 7th, 2004, 09:44:41 PM
Far from a reflection of anything, those eyes are the real deal, beautiful, evil Darth Maul things! :D

Rognan Dar
Nov 7th, 2004, 10:21:51 PM
Is there any place to get the trailer without getting the right showing at a theater? Ive seen place that have them but only let member see it or something like that. Is ther one place that is just showing it to everyone?

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 7th, 2004, 11:45:59 PM
we have it recorded at the house, come over after work some time. But call first. ;)

JMK
Nov 8th, 2004, 07:37:46 AM
I hope we see the glowing yellow eyes, but I doubt we will.

darth_mcbain
Nov 8th, 2004, 12:33:05 PM
If you weren't aware - the trailer is now available on the official site to non-hyperspace members...

Pierce Tondry
Nov 8th, 2004, 02:56:39 PM
Wow.

Is the magic back?

Nevlonniel
Nov 8th, 2004, 07:29:02 PM
Looks like it, Pierce. Looks like it. :)

Charley
Nov 8th, 2004, 07:29:53 PM
Thats what we say every time though

Shawn
Nov 8th, 2004, 08:33:39 PM
Lucas can put together good trailers, I'll give him that. TPM, AOTC and now ROTS have all had really promising looking trailers.

Gav Mortis
Nov 8th, 2004, 10:24:45 PM
Originally posted by Charley
Thats what we say every time though

My feelings exactly. I want this to be the greatest film in the world ever, I really do, but the chances of that happening are slim given the track record of the last two films. Great films but still fell short of the mark by a large margin. I am tremendously hyped for this film but I'm trying not to set myself up for disappointment.

JMK
Nov 9th, 2004, 07:38:25 AM
That's totally right. The trailers for all 3 prequels have been great. Then the movies come out and there is a great divide in opinions in the full result. I really hope they get it completely right this time.

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 9th, 2004, 11:44:25 AM
I think this is the best teaser of the bunch though. AOTC had the worst teaser in that love one. The final trailer was a lot better.

Atreyu
Nov 12th, 2004, 10:26:22 PM
Finally saw it. Good trailer. Very good trailer. Can't wait for the full one (and, of course, the film itself).

I was especially interested in reading on TFN that the scenes of Mace and Yoda drawing their lightsabers takes place in Palpatine's office. I guess they finally figured out the Sith Lord in their midst. :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Nov 13th, 2004, 12:33:48 AM
wrar! Long time no see!

Jedi Master Carr
Nov 13th, 2004, 05:59:27 PM
Nice to see you Champion and yeah
I agree it sounds like Mace and Yoda go there to take out Palpatine. I am guessing from what I have read Anakin is their and its a 4-way duel. Now that should be impressive.