PDA

View Full Version : Look out for my mum on TV

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 9th, 2004, 08:41:49 AM
This only really applies to forum members in the UK, but I feel like sharing anyway :p

A little while ago, a friend of my mum's called in to get tickets to be in the audience of "Saturday Night Takeaway" (Ant & Dec's show on ITV). Turns out they were picked to be part of the audience. Now, this in itself isn't really that exciting - although they do get to see Avril Lavigne perform 'live' (OMG I'M SO JEALOUS :rolleyes).

The thing is, they pick people from the audience to win things, based on ... I don't know what, but they have to wear something eye-catching and there are all sorts of rules for what their outfits can and can't be. What apparently happens is that the people who are picked to win things win what is featured in the commercials/adverts in the program breaks. In the past people have won multiple cars, holidays, all sorts of things. (see? http://www.itv.com/page.asp?partid=2260)

Now, it would be fair to say that the chances of my mum getting picked to do this are pretty slim, right? Well, that’s what we thought, until the TV company started calling her up. They’ve rung her time after time today (she was travelling down to London this morning, since the show airs live tonight), asking for more and more details about her. This leads me to wonder exactly why they would want all of this information from just an average audience member... which in turn leads me to think she will be picked to win things!! :D

Anyone watching (show starts at 7.05pm October 9th on ITV), look out for Jacqueline Jones and fingers crossed that she wins lots of stuff :smokin

Severen Morkonis
Oct 9th, 2004, 11:00:38 AM
Your moms a legend, i wish her luck!

Lady Vader
Oct 9th, 2004, 01:01:45 PM
SWEET! Too bad this didn't happen towards the end of Oct, or I mighta been there watching it with ya! :rollin

Best-o-luck to yer mom! :D

Vampyre Dalamar
Oct 10th, 2004, 08:33:28 AM
"Tell her to kick butt Daiq. Hey what did she do to get there attention?"

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 10th, 2004, 08:55:31 AM
Well, she didn't get picked, but we did spot her and her friend in the audience quite a few times. Oh well :)

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 10th, 2004, 09:09:45 AM
I cry for her.

*Tear*