PDA

View Full Version : What if someone died?

spada
Oct 8th, 2004, 04:08:15 PM
I was looking at the forum and said to myself one day;

What if a person on the forum died?

I mean, there are plenty of people which we have no contact with, it would just be kind of wierd to think of the possibility of that someone dissapearing from the forums could be someone who died. Very sadistic, but i just wanted to say it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2004, 04:09:05 PM
Not sadistic, morbid

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 8th, 2004, 04:49:16 PM
-_-

There's better things to consider than morbid crap.

Sorreessa Tarrineezi
Oct 8th, 2004, 07:42:51 PM
*is reminded of the faked death incident* >_<

spada
Oct 8th, 2004, 07:49:05 PM
1. lilaena deville
2. marcus elessar

(added to list of people who dont like me) :)

strange that the first people who don't like me are people ive never met

Droo
Oct 8th, 2004, 07:54:14 PM
Not a matter of them not liking you, they're just pointing out how particularly pointless and morbid your thread is and frankly I agree with them. Note: this does not mean I dislike you.

Quay'Na Rakai
Oct 8th, 2004, 08:26:06 PM
Death is a touchy subject. No likes to talk about it or think about it happening to someone they chat to or run with...

In RP's it's okay, but RL is different...am I right on this subject?

spada
Oct 8th, 2004, 08:43:10 PM
ehh we all gotta die someday. its ok not to want it to happen, but if you believe that you've lived a good life then it makes it easier to handle.

plus i find this no less pointless than some of the WTF's ive seen, just the fact that it involves death on a personal level people are so apt to push it away.

Shawn
Oct 8th, 2004, 08:55:11 PM
It's just a bit of a taboo subject. If we can avoid dealing with it, we generally do.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2004, 09:11:19 PM
Kittens are cute. :) I would like to go to Barbados. And, I don't dislike spada.

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 8th, 2004, 10:14:16 PM
Originally posted by spada
What if a person on the forum died?
I'm sure everyone would offer their condolescences. What kind of response were you expecting?

spada
Oct 8th, 2004, 10:15:00 PM
alright alright if everyones so unwilling to go into the subject i wont bring it up again. and its cool that you dont dislike me lilaena, but i have a pretty good feeling that marcus doesn't like me (why he doesnt i do not know)

ReaperFett
Oct 8th, 2004, 10:59:29 PM
It's a subject that comes up on boards sometimes. People just prefer to not answer it, y'know?

No harm done.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 9th, 2004, 07:39:06 AM
but i have a pretty good feeling that marcus doesn't like me (why he doesnt i do not know)

Considering the content, I'd would have said let's keep this on topic heh... but you get my meaning. Spada, any problems with another posters in any degree, discuss through PM please. :)

Charley
Oct 9th, 2004, 07:55:17 PM
I'm connected enough with a bunch of the members here so I don't really worry about that happening. However, I don't like you at all. I hope I am on your list :)

Telan Desaria
Oct 9th, 2004, 08:06:04 PM
I have a few people on here with whom I have a phenomenal rapport. Among them are Tiberius Anar, Jarek T'chort, Silancy, and Viscera. Should anything happen to me, they know that all would be informed.

On that note, it is a relevant topic. For example.

Since coming to America, I have continued to feel more and more useless. So, I decided to do something that would allow a sense of purpose to grow in me once more. I have joined the constabulary of Fire Police in the Commonwealth of the State of Pennsylvania.

In doing so I assume a mantale of responsibility for traffic control, security, and other such things. My military training has proved invaluable in the execution of my duties thus far, but this does not remove the element of danger from my life. The possibility of my being hit by a lorry or some intoxicated juvenille is very real, and, sadly, very great.

So it is not as morbid as you think simply practical. I have the consolation that if I die, it shall be in the service to something larger than myself in an attempt to save someone'es life -- I could not ask for a better or more glorious death.

I do not want to sound ridiculous, but you most have heard me rant about my aristocratic leanings and heritage. Well - it is fact, not fiction. Should my demise become a reality, I have left it in my will that any and all provisions should be made using any and all resources at the disposal of my estate to bring my friends and confidants to my funeral services.

I have included everyone by default from this forum as it has, despite what words have passed between us, been a home for me through the most troubling times of my life.

Should anything happen, contact he executor of my estate

Graf Hans Gustav Joachim von der Heydte, to whom my telefon is to be sent to conduct my final arrangements. He is kind enough to - -covertly - - ignore my mothers banishment of me. So contact him should anything happen if you wish to attend.

As a note, however, his English is not the best. If you speak French, you stand a better chance. Unlike me, he mastered that language.

That's all from me/

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 9th, 2004, 08:12:35 PM
yes, morbid indeed.

WE'RE ALL ALIVE HERE THANK YOU

:p

Charley
Oct 9th, 2004, 08:14:39 PM
If I die, somebody should pour a fifth of Jim Beam on the ground or something I guess. I dunno.

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 9th, 2004, 08:24:02 PM
I'll wear cosmolene (sp?) to your funeral, Charley :)

Charley
Oct 9th, 2004, 08:28:23 PM
Thats pretty hot, actually.

Droo
Oct 9th, 2004, 08:30:18 PM
I just find this kind of talk "If I die... " or "If someone dies... " really pointless and irritating. We're all young and I just think it detracts from the joy of being alive that should be abundant in all of us. Or something. It's not taboo just really... well, if any of my friends struck it up in conversation my response would be "Shut the hell up you miserable git."

So to you people: "Shut the Hell up and go have fun."

spada
Oct 9th, 2004, 09:22:18 PM
no charley, you aren't on my doesn't like me list. You're more on the list of 'going to vote for me not to be promoted because of personal matters' list.

And apparently, this thread wasn't so bad, considering there have been 20 posts in it in only about 3 days. I mean, I pretty much said I wouldn't bring it up again and people still post in it so what the hey

ReaperFett
Oct 9th, 2004, 09:22:53 PM
Dru, you come into his thread just to moan you don't like it, and complain that others are annoying? You hypocrite! :p

Droo
Oct 9th, 2004, 09:33:06 PM
I'm only annoying because people don't like being told that they're being dull and full of a lot of DEATH!? WTF! STFU DOOD!

Loklorien s'Ilancy
Oct 9th, 2004, 09:38:54 PM
http://www.boomspeed.com/loklorien/webkittenpile.jpg

Droo
Oct 9th, 2004, 09:40:31 PM
Kill them.They look like they'd catch fire nicely.

Charley
Oct 9th, 2004, 09:44:14 PM
Now I want chinese food.

Droo
Oct 9th, 2004, 09:47:50 PM
Now I'm hungry. :(

Shawn
Oct 9th, 2004, 10:22:50 PM
http://img84.exs.cx/img84/5084/websnakepile.jpg

Shade Magus
Oct 9th, 2004, 10:31:30 PM
For some reason I cannot think of, I feel drawn to the snakes more than the kittens.

Crystal
Oct 9th, 2004, 11:05:45 PM
The snakes are going to eat the kittens :(

Sejah Haversh
Oct 9th, 2004, 11:15:32 PM
*Sejah looks at the snakes* All right! Dinner's here!

Telan Desaria
Oct 10th, 2004, 02:16:35 AM
Not mine. My cat is ferocious. His name

His Excellency the Baron Hans von Meow

Mitch
Oct 10th, 2004, 03:13:09 AM
Hmm, and I thought only the Egyptians worshiped cats.

*Scribbles "Germans also worship cats" in his notebook of useful information.*

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 10th, 2004, 03:40:45 AM
Ahem. I am not Egyptian.

On another note, the Bathurst 1000 had the biggest wallop ever seen performed against a kangaroo. Race car at over 200 kph + Skippy = One truly frelled car and dead kangaroo sent flying a good 30 meters.

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 10th, 2004, 07:50:03 AM
I seem to remember Chase's 'faked death' incident a couple of years ago. Everybody posted in the thread with their condolences and memories of Chase...

...and then he showed up perhaps 24 hours later, with a big apology note. Well of course, nobody wanted him back after that.

The point I'm trying to make is that, well, of course we'd all be quite sad and do the related grieving things if somebody on this board died. We've gone through it once already.

As an aside, don't whine about not being promoted. I've been here for more than 2 years now, and I'm still a Padawan. I don't mind at all. To me, a Padawan is one of the more fulfilling aspects of Jedi-hood, because you have so much to strive for. It's this element of achievement that encourages the older RPers to create 2nd characters, just so they can climb the ladder again.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 10th, 2004, 10:50:45 AM
spada - as Dale said, if you have a personal problem with a poster, keep it off the board. I don't want to have to tell you again.

This is the INTERNET. At the end of the day, all these people are inside your computer still, and you are not.

And if you have a problem with GJO's policies, then you need to take it up with your master at GJO, not the people at the OOC forum.

____

The whole "Chase" incident ... My brother made a little adjustment to our 'tribute' that said 'in memory of Chase'... His said "in memory of Chase's good name" I believe Chase was banned after he 'came back from the dead.'

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 10th, 2004, 03:19:54 PM
Internets. Serious Business

Lion El' Jonson
Oct 10th, 2004, 05:18:33 PM
I sense a picture in the new future...

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 10th, 2004, 05:40:41 PM
Originally posted by Lion El' Jonson
I sense a picture in the new future...

Look in the Gallery.

Crystal
Oct 11th, 2004, 02:25:50 AM
Originally posted by Lion El' Jonson
As an aside, don't whine about not being promoted. I've been here for more than 2 years now, and I'm still a Padawan.

I was still a padawan when I quit roleplaying. I blame it on Shawn because he is a jerk and didn't respond to training threads. :D But.. really it was because I quit rping before doing anything ;)