PDA

View Full Version : Dark Lord Rivin

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2004, 03:09:19 PM
http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29649&perpage=50&pagenumber=2 this is the thread where the RPer pleaded with people to be able to keep his rank. It was allowed, on the condition that all his training be RPed out in flashback threads. The RPer then said "Actually I just was told to post at TSO, so let's see where that takes me."

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=145327&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending - no training threads

http://www.sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=29664 - one flashback started, but incomplete

Therefore, this RPer is a complete and utter godmoder, because he has no training, but is throwing around trained knights and also using tricks like "force lightning" etc.

I don't know if we can or will do anything about this. I really personally dislike this RPer, so I will try not to participate beyond laying out the facts.

edit: I did PM the RPer this:

Lilaena De'Ville wrote on Today 02:01 PM:
When you joined these boards, you wanted to keep your rank from TalkCity, or wherever it was that you RPed previously.

It was granted, on the condition that you RPed out your previous training in the Storytelling forum, as flashbacks.

So, where are these threads?

edit edit: This all came up because of collective bitching about this character and how he godmodes. Gash/Jegan posted this and gave his permission for me to repost it:

I went looking through it all again, and here's the final word:

He wasn't allowed to keep his rank, but after NO training, a single spar, and a test involving the capture of Wei Wu Wei's lightsaber, he was promoted to Knight at TSO. The one and only dedicated flashback thread ended as the character began instruction in the Force.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 8th, 2004, 03:38:30 PM
So no word back yet I presume. If this person did not fufill their end of the bargain then yes, it is godmoding. I'd like to hear what Rivin has to say tho before I say anything else :)

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2004, 03:44:37 PM
Well, if TSO went ahead and promoted him even though he had no training... :grumble I don't see how we have a leg to stand on.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 8th, 2004, 03:55:21 PM
meh, good point =\

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2004, 04:03:52 PM
UNLESS we just decided to say that TSO's promotion was illegal and godmoding in and of itself

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2004, 06:14:20 PM
Dark Lord Rivin wrote on Today 03:40 PM:

Lilaena De'Ville wrote on Today 02:01 PM:
When you joined these boards, you wanted to keep your rank from TalkCity, or wherever it was that you RPed previously.

It was granted, on the condition that you RPed out your previous training in the Storytelling forum, as flashbacks.

So, where are these threads?

I started them, but I was told not to bother. If you want I can continue them.

And accualy I didn't keep the rank, LV and I worked out that if I joined TSO, after a short while I would be premoted to knight.

http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32465

The link above is where I was premoted.
"LV and I worked out" ? -_- Its nice that they can disregard the rules of the board like that.

EDIT: What should I reply to his PM?

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 14th, 2004, 08:03:31 PM
how about how did they work it out :huh

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 16th, 2004, 01:13:43 AM
I think he said how they worked it out - if he joined TSO, he would be promoted to knight.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 16th, 2004, 08:00:14 AM
-_- I need to learn to read again. Oops Sorry =\

Anyway... I really have no idea what to say. This has been status quo for a long time now. Not to say it was right mind you...

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 16th, 2004, 03:06:01 PM
I know we don't like to make too many rules - honestly I understand the reasoning etc etc... And I do think that groups should be in charge of who in their group gets promoted, etc.

But it seems that TSO has been turning out below average Knights and Masters over the last few years. And this incident, where a new RPer is basically accepted with the understanding that they will be promoted to knight almost immediately. Should we put some standards in place for those that can't seem to make any of their own?

We all know that people are supposed to start from the bottom and work their way up, and it's pretty universally done on the board.

Should we say "To be promoted to knight an RPer should have at least six training threads under experienced tutelage and gone on two or more 'missions' [open RPs with other participants] with their master, before being considered ready for promotion." ??

I'm with you, Dale, I don't know what to do. If we decided to tell TSO "shape up or else" they'd pitch a fit, and I don't want to deal with that. :(

Shawn
Oct 16th, 2004, 03:25:26 PM
I've been keeping an eye on this, I'm just not really sure what stance to take. Personally, I feel that anyone skipping their training is largely just cheating themselves, and I'm half inclined to say "Let 'em do it". Set it stone rules for Knighthood seem like they'd really bog things down. On the other hand, it'd really suck for someone who just got here to be more powerful IC-wise than someone who's been around much longer.

Perhaps you can tell them that they are free to promote him if they wish, but others may not necessarily have to recognize his rank without some proof that he has earned it.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 16th, 2004, 06:33:02 PM
yeah, to have someone with no training be more powerful IC than someone who's been around a long time and has done all the training smacks of godmoding to me.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 16th, 2004, 11:01:40 PM
I don't think we have enough people around to put our collective foot down.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 17th, 2004, 12:58:31 AM
what do you mean?

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 17th, 2004, 04:16:36 AM
Should we put some standards in place for those that can't seem to make any of their own?

Yes please. Also, while we're at it, is there any chance that we could estalish some sort of rule(s) on what vampires can and can't do... especially in the way of 'healing' themselves etc :grumble

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 17th, 2004, 10:15:12 AM
Only problem I start seeing with rules is that if we single out certain things, people are going to gripe and say why arent we putting rules on so and so stuff =\

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 19th, 2004, 09:38:10 AM
I doubt that. More like people will gripe that we've put out any standards at all.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 20th, 2004, 02:06:34 AM
this RPer also RPs Dillin Gack, who was lurking around GJO using the Force suspiciously.... dun dun DUNN

I'm bored, what can I say.

Lilaena De'Ville
Feb 3rd, 2005, 01:07:38 AM
http://www.swforums.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37802 i reccomend that we keep an eye on this thread, and everything Rivin does in the future. He's been cut loose from TSO, so whatever 'guidance' they gave him is now... gone. Basically, a loose cannon.