PDA

View Full Version : Since Alex doesn't want to be here so bad

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2004, 02:58:55 PM
why don't we just ban his IP?

He came back today with some nasty remarks. Someone closed the thread, but then I moved it in here, so that we wouldn't have Mt. St. Mark erupting on our hands. Although, he might just laugh.

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 8th, 2004, 03:36:45 PM
well, he did post a goodbye thread that was flammatory at first and had to be edited.. then he flamed again. Two threads closed for the same reason, to single out people.

I dont see a problem with it since he is being immature still. But that is just me

Navaria Tarkin
Oct 8th, 2004, 06:10:06 PM
http://sw-fans.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=36066&perpage=20&pagenumber=9

basically he flamed marcus... again. More reason to ban him

imported_Eve
Oct 8th, 2004, 08:25:50 PM
Despite him being completely annoying, we must treat him the same way as everyone else.

I see two counts of flaming in this thread. Perhaps there was one in his initial thread? If not, he violated the FAQ there by posting a goodbye thread.

Strike One: Warning one was Chris closing his goodbye thread and citing the FAQ.

Strike Two: No official warning was given for the thread Holly talks about, but he did breach the FAQ nonetheless.

Strike Three: Nav closed the thread in Home One and sited why.

Where I am at here: I would like to e-mail him or PM any remaining accounts with a final warning (despite his "will" to leave). It's official, and gives him one last chance to stop being a lameass. If we just ban him without that, it looks bad. Every ban deserves warnings and punishment to follow. And I have no doubt he will cause himself to be banned; he's just the type.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2004, 09:05:43 PM
I think Eve's suggestion is a good one. Sort of a "stop coming back ony to flame and insult people, or else" sort of message.

Shawn
Oct 8th, 2004, 09:39:38 PM
I was very tempted to be a bit snide with him. Something along the lines of "If you're leaving for good, why do you keep coming back here to flame people?"

Obviously, I have *some* restraint. ;P

E-Mailing him was the first thing that came to mind for me, too. I just wasn't sure we still had any of his addy's on file.

Morgan Evanar
Oct 9th, 2004, 12:06:03 AM
Mark really doesn't give a shit.

He's a drama whore, but his last bout wasn't on the board proper. If he does anything else, ban.