PDA

View Full Version : Im going to DIE!!!

Vampyre Dalamar
Oct 6th, 2004, 09:20:54 PM
Heyyyy Im about to get killed, in a thread Blood splatters on the Wall. Could I get a priest over there please to do my last rites. o_O

Zereth Lancer
Oct 6th, 2004, 09:31:52 PM
*Throws on a white robe* now it will only cost you $100 for the first five minutes and then it will go up $15 for every minute after that..... and if you don't pay I will dump the bucket of holy water on you....

Vampyre Dalamar
Oct 6th, 2004, 10:07:11 PM
Hey you win some you lose some but Hey Ill pay in advance.

Zereth Lancer
Oct 7th, 2004, 03:53:12 PM
Oh good *Prays that Dalamar will have a fast death* There, I'll take my money now.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 7th, 2004, 07:31:31 PM
*claps for his Apprentice*

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 7th, 2004, 08:03:19 PM
Please remember not to godmode - one response and one move is allowed generally.

Vampyre Dalamar
Oct 7th, 2004, 09:52:03 PM
Oh well I posted before I read this, but I can change my thread. If I has ta he he. Your his apprentice!!!! Your the flunky of the flunky thats works for Vega!! Ive been deprived. :x

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2004, 12:16:43 AM
as long as both parties agree and there are no complaints on either side, no one has to change their posts.

Je'gan Olra'en
Oct 8th, 2004, 05:42:46 AM
Originally posted by Lilaena De'Ville
Please remember not to godmode - one response and one move is allowed generally.

Oh...so that's the rule...I hunted for any sort of rules in the FAQ, but I couldn't find anything besides no maiming.

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 8th, 2004, 06:09:37 AM
What Mrs Mod IMO should be viewed in the light of Common Sense and fair play - if it's common sense that you do somethign that logically should invite a response from your opponent, then that's what it should be.

However, I would see there are times when common sense and fair play actually does allow more than one move or action. That's the beauty of common sense and fair play - if it dont make sense or aint fair*, it's God Moding.

(* By fair, I dont mean that surprises and dirty tricks aint allowed. By fair I mean logical or possible actions. If someone actually springs a surprise where your staring at the barrels of 300 Storm troopers, then your crap outta luck, surrender is a good option - unless they display the all too common malise of lack of accuracy Storm troopers so often display. Fair and fair play are two quite distinct things in my mind)

Vampyre Dalamar
Oct 8th, 2004, 07:08:26 AM
Rules as I understood them, Masters 3 moves, Lords and knights 1 to 2 moves depending, Learners 1 to 2 moves usually 1.

The Auto hit thing has always confused me though. People say you ASSUME you hit me. but how can you fight if every punch and hit is up to the other guy to say well I dodged that. Or you didnt hit me. To me it should be take your hits. He hits me and I hit him.

As long as I aint writing a page long event of me striking him time after time, thats unfair. example I punched him, I kicked him, I stabbed him thru the heart, I dropped him off a cliff then I went down again and kicked him some more before hanging him on a tree.

If we play where I say I 'tried' to punch him. Well surely he will say that "oh, I saw that coming and dodged it." So really the question that I would like an answere to is, Is this a grey area for everyone our is there a standard that I could follow. Because I see two styles of fighting The autohit that most people seem not to mind as long as there not God moding. Then I see I try to hit fly etc . Which seems darn frustrating to read and to write. Notice my first post very little action, but right to the heart of the story an attack simple but effective. Also I have already made a mistake, him baring his fangs and being an apprentice of Vega's I assumed he was Lupine. I attacked him with a grappling hook thru the neck!!! that would be fatal to a human but a mere flesh wound to vamps and Lupines. Oh and lastly I have no problem with any of it. I'll fight by any way Je'gan wants It's just nice to know for him and me what is to be expected. I don't want him to feel that I took advantage or smudge the rules.

P.S. :lol I want him to know that he got his butt kicked legitamely o_O OR did he. I hate when I hear jaws theme music in the background.

imported_Grev Drasen
Oct 8th, 2004, 01:33:20 PM
I'm not a mod, but I'll offer some advice. Don't look at the combat so much as a competition, but look at it as a progression of the thread. Get together with Je'gan out of character and come with a reasonable outcome beforehand, and then go into the fight already knowing what's to come of it. That way you can just have fun with it instead of worrying about whether or not he's godmoding, or whether or not you think the fight's fair.

Lilaena De'Ville
Oct 8th, 2004, 02:49:35 PM
Originally posted by Marcus Telcontar
What Mrs Mod IMO should be viewed in the light of Common Sense and fair play - if it's common sense that you do somethign that logically should invite a response from your opponent, then that's what it should be.

However, I would see there are times when common sense and fair play actually does allow more than one move or action. That's the beauty of common sense and fair play - if it dont make sense or aint fair*, it's God Moding.

(* By fair, I dont mean that surprises and dirty tricks aint allowed. By fair I mean logical or possible actions. If someone actually springs a surprise where your staring at the barrels of 300 Storm troopers, then your crap outta luck, surrender is a good option - unless they display the all too common malise of lack of accuracy Storm troopers so often display. Fair and fair play are two quite distinct things in my mind)

I did say "generally" because it is a rule of thumb. Like I also said, the mods won't be jumping in to enforce *anything* unless people complain. There are no complaints, so there won't be any mod 'interference.'

Vampyre Dalamar
Oct 8th, 2004, 05:29:14 PM
Yeah, as Lillian said no one's complaing just wondering, now back to your regular scheduled duel... :smokin

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 9th, 2004, 04:06:03 AM
I attacked him with a grappling hook thru the neck!!! that would be fatal to a human but a mere flesh wound to vamps and Lupines.

Just to clarify, this is not the case. Lupines do not have super-human strength, resistance to damage, etc. The only abilities outside of a normal humans that they have are a) fangs b) claws and c) shapeshifting. You don't gain extra 'power' just because of being the species.

Vampyre Dalamar
Oct 9th, 2004, 05:22:26 AM
I didn't think that, I just thought they would be harder to kill, and quicker to heal. So you don't heal faster than say a normal human? Wonders out loud. >D

Marcus Telcontar
Oct 9th, 2004, 05:41:23 AM
I attacked him with a grappling hook thru the neck!!! that would be fatal to a human but a mere flesh wound to vamps and Lupines.

-_-

I dont think I need to say anymore..

Dasquian Belargic
Oct 9th, 2004, 07:09:30 AM
Originally posted by Vampyre Dalamar
So you don't heal faster than say a normal human?

Nope. I would consider that power-playing. Like I say, there aren't any real big advantages to being a Lupine, and certainly not any that would really be of benefit in a fight.

Severen Morkonis
Oct 9th, 2004, 11:02:53 AM
Sieken is a forced Lupine so most attributes a normal Lupine has, Sieken cant use anyway, only a few things a average Lupine has, Sieken weilds, so Kasstra is basicly your average Sith Lord in respects of Race and Feats.

Vampyre Dalamar
Oct 16th, 2004, 07:08:50 AM
Man is my writing rusty. Forgive my rough posts please until I am up to snuff again. >D Or I will kill you. Yeah, I know its harsh but hey I am what I am. ;)

Charley
Oct 16th, 2004, 08:51:33 AM
I've played the Lupines with an accelerated healing aspect. Nothing "before your very eyes", but insofar that they'd be able to recover from a stab or bullet wound in the span of a few hours. I also play them notoriously hard to kill. You've pretty much got to fully destroy the CNS or you've got to cover them in cortosis, so they have a total bodily reaction to the stuff.

Even though my lupines are very hard to kill, they're still no different in terms of being incapacitated. If you hit Diego with a truck, he's unconcious and bleeding heavily internally, and he's going to stay that way for an hour or more.